Incredibly Sore For Days After Exercise

golder

Any unconventional practises that have helped people with muscle soreness?

Peachy

Any unconventional practises that have helped people with muscle soreness?

What has helped me recently is Epsom salt baths, yoga, addressing low vitamin d levels. It’s funny. I can do a lot of yoga but I have low tolerance for other exercise. Maybe it’s because it helps with lymph flow (which reduces lactic acid)

“Any type of muscular contraction helps move lymph along, but yoga, with its emphasis on working every part of us, is especially effective. Yoga’s attention to the breath and to the solar plexus region further distinguishes it from other forms of exercise. A lymphatic pump in itself, conscious breathing (pranayama) can help direct lymph through the deep channels of the chest.

Yoga works in three other ways to increase the flow of lymph and relieve lymphatic congestion: Inversions, like legs up the wall or shoulderstand, reverse the effect of gravity and drain lymph and used blood from the legs; working the abdomen with twists (as well as forward, backward, and side bends) stimulates the flow of lymph up through the core of the body by squeezing the organs and muscles and then allowing fresh fluid to soak back in as the twist is relaxed; and finally, like any aerobic exercise, dynamic flow practices cause large muscles in the body to contract and relax—the primary way lymph moves through the body.”

zorba990

I discovered for myself that I do not have great sulfur metabolism, and the use of very hot epsom salt baths allowed my muscles to relax at night and even seems to strengthen the connective titles like tendons/ligaments. Its a bit of a pain to do sometimes but seems well worth it. BTW I use at least 6 lbs in the bath and sometimes more. But I would start with just a cup and work up from there as magnesium absorption can vary. MSM worked well also but the expense for a similar amount of sulfur was prohibitive

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals