Incredibly Sore For Days After Exercise

I have an egg before lifting weights, then I drink sugar water (100g/L) between sets (coke is even better if you remember to breathe in your burps) and take 50mg of aspirin only afterwards.

SQu

I used to be too. Cliff's suggestions IIRC b1, aspirin, sugar, niacinamide, bicarbonate - something there( and possibly also bcaas) reduced it to zero, even when you'd expect at least a bit.

Milklove

Oh, I feel with you. The smallest activities would give me a weeks worth of sore muscles and it only improved when I started to read Peat. Now I can't even remember what having sore muscles feels like ;)
As Curt mentioned, enough protein is really important, but not all --- I had the worst regeneration on a meat only diet.
Apart from improving your health and the already mentioned supplements, I find bag breathing before and after the workout as well as red light quite helpful.

Gl;itch.e

Habituation is also important. Sometimes its beneficial to continue exercising when sore so that you body adapts to it. Otherwise infrequent exercise is almost guaranteed to produce soreness every time.

But yeah I'll echo the other guys. Enough protein and overall calories is important as well as the minerals.

Dayman

on top of the adequate protein and calories you could try some ginger. Like have some strong ginger beer, generally on the same day after the exercise and days afterward.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

So when I golf for 20 min, and my hands hurt for days terribly bad, it's from inadequate protein? Or when my arms hurt terribly from swinging, it's from inadequate protein? Same with shoes hurting me when walking on my feet.

natedawggh

iLoveSugar said:
So when I golf for 20 min, and my hands hurt for days terribly bad, it's from inadequate protein? Or when my arms hurt terribly from swinging, it's from inadequate protein? Same with shoes hurting me when walking on my feet.

LOL. You're right to be skeptical about this advice. Saying someone needs more protein for soreness due to exercise comes from a very simplistic and contemporary misunderstanding of how exercise works on a cellular level. The general idea in work-out culture is that whey or meat protein = muscle gain + recovery. Nothing could be further from the truth. ("habituation" is also part of this misconception. Obviously an unhealthy person cannot continue to exercise repeatedly without incurring stress related injuries and eventually cardiovascular health problems).

When I was younger I was captain of my high school swimming team, and put on 65 lbs of muscle in one season eating a diet that was mostly spaghetti/marinara sauce, milk, cereal, and potatoes. Meat was only the occasional piece of roast or chicken pasta once a week on sundays. Carbs build muscle and ALL WHOLE CARBS contain protein. Milk is protein too, and I gather you're getting plenty of protein already.

You were probably right with your first post...it's related to hypothyroidism but more specifically the associated deficiency of CO2. When you exercise you are placing a serious demand on your muscle tissues to create energy. If you don't have a high-functioning metabolism to supply that energy, your body resorts to lactic acid metabolism and stress hormones to produce energy. This creates inflammation and degeneration, and that is the discomfort you are feeling (do you experience edema (swelling) of the hands or legs/feet after exercise? Excessive/rapid breathing?)

Of course, healing your body's ability to oxidize sugar efficiently would fix the problem but as that is a long term, dedicated effort some things you can do to reduce the discomfort and speed recovery time would be to take certain preventative measures before you being working out. Aspirin, plenty of healthy carbohydrate, and Thiamine can increase the level of CO2 prior to workout so when you begin there is not a deficit. Salt can help prevent excessive adrenaline production and restrain edema. Of course, taking it easy is always a good idea as well, and heat stress from working out is really hard on a depressed metabolism, so making sure you stay cool (even if you have low body temperatures) is better than getting too hot (when exercising).

Post workout bag breathing would raise CO2, eliminate lactic acid and repair some edema, and of course, more carbohydrates will give your body the energy to rebuild and repair any damage that may have taken place. Read more Peat on edema and CO2 would help as well.

natedawggh said:
iLoveSugar said:

LOL. You're right to be skeptical about this advice. Saying someone needs more protein for soreness due to exercise comes from a very simplistic and contemporary misunderstanding of how exercise works on a cellular level. The general idea in work-out culture is that whey or meat protein = muscle gain + recovery. Nothing could be further from the truth. ("habituation" is also part of this misconception. Obviously an unhealthy person cannot continue to exercise repeatedly without incurring stress related injuries and eventually cardiovascular health problems).

When I was younger I was captain of my high school swimming team, and put on 65 lbs of muscle in one season eating a diet that was mostly spaghetti/marinara sauce, milk, cereal, and potatoes. Meat was only the occasional piece of roast or chicken pasta once a week on sundays. Carbs build muscle and ALL WHOLE CARBS contain protein. Milk is protein too, and I gather you're getting plenty of protein already.

You were probably right with your first post...it's related to hypothyroidism but more specifically the associated deficiency of CO2. When you exercise you are placing a serious demand on your muscle tissues to create energy. If you don't have a high-functioning metabolism to supply that energy, your body resorts to lactic acid metabolism and stress hormones to produce energy. This creates inflammation and degeneration, and that is the discomfort you are feeling (do you experience edema (swelling) of the hands or legs/feet after exercise? Excessive/rapid breathing?)

Of course, healing your body's ability to oxidize sugar efficiently would fix the problem but as that is a long term, dedicated effort some things you can do to reduce the discomfort and speed recovery time would be to take certain preventative measures before you being working out. Aspirin, plenty of healthy carbohydrate, and Thiamine can increase the level of CO2 prior to workout so when you begin there is not a deficit. Salt can help prevent excessive adrenaline production and restrain edema. Of course, taking it easy is always a good idea as well, and heat stress from working out is really hard on a depressed metabolism, so making sure you stay cool (even if you have low body temperatures) is better than getting too hot (when exercising).

Post workout bag breathing would raise CO2, eliminate lactic acid and repair some edema, and of course, more carbohydrates will give your body the energy to rebuild and repair any damage that may have taken place. Read more Peat on edema and CO2 would help as well.

I don't recommend aspirin before exercise (golf is ok probably). viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2535

iLoveSugar said:
Such_Saturation said:
I don't recommend aspirin before exercise (golf is ok probably). viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2535

This seems just cardiovascular related, correct? Most I do is run around the bases at softball.

Well any action has a cardiovascular component. I've always culled muscle soreness by taking aspirin after lifting weight so I don't know.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I hurt so incredibly bad right now. Probably all originates from slow digestion/constipation. I played ball tonight and now I have some of the worst pain ever. My body just will not adapt and it sucks because I LOVE to play. I even play half-assed so I can try and take it easy!!!

OP
I

iLoveSugar

natedawggh said:
iLoveSugar said:

Thanks for the reply, I will give it all a try. I don't think I get edema though from playing. I do get it terribly just from wearing socks though, and a hat.

LUH 3417

So in that case hot yoga is probably not a good idea due to heat stress?

GAF

All of the following work to manage soreness.

Aspirin before, aspirin after
Mildronate before or after
Acetelazolamide before and after
Yohimbe before
400mg B2 before and or after
Jagermeister and red bull before and after
Unison - doxylane succinate after for deep sleep
Shockwave therapy before (couple days before)
B1, BIOTIN, FAMOTIDINE, CORDYCEPS FROM TIBET everyday
Another B2, not to mention testosterone boosters.

If you can do all of those everyday, your soreness can be controlled assuming you get enough sugar and nutrients.

Otherwise, a heart bypass and lots of lung treatments might be needed to improve blood flow.

EIRE24

All of the following work to manage soreness.

Aspirin before, aspirin after
Mildronate before or after
Acetelazolamide before and after
Yohimbe before
400mg B2 before and or after
Jagermeister and red bull before and after
Unison - doxylane succinate after for deep sleep
Shockwave therapy before (couple days before)
B1, BIOTIN, FAMOTIDINE, CORDYCEPS FROM TIBET everyday
Another B2, not to mention testosterone boosters.

If you can do all of those everyday, your soreness can be controlled assuming you get enough sugar and nutrients.

Otherwise, a heart bypass and lots of lung treatments might be needed to improve blood flow.
Jagermeister?

GAF

You want to have fun doing whatever it is that making you sore don't you?

Otherwise, the whole time you're trying to have fun, you will worry about the soreness about to attack thus ruining the entire activity. Should just sat in your recliner and spared yourself the worry, the soreness because it was all no fun anyway

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals