‘Incredibly’ Low Progesterone Levels For An Adolescent Normal?

Broco6679

What have you tried for your gut before? This is probably the best place to start.

I've done the daily carrot salad or mushrooms fried in coconut oil for a while, but neither help. I think my gut issues are beyond what these two can fix, as I usually still feel food sat in my stomach two-three hours after eating - especially if I'm at the gym lifting. This again suggests hypo, but my poor reaction to thyroid-s leaves me out of options for this, unfortunately.

Are you familiar with Flucloxacillin at all? It's penicillin based, but I can't find any info on the forum regarding it's safety vs VK and the other frequently recommended antibacs.

Could be yes, and low blood sugar with an increase in adrenaline to compensate. If neural sympathetic activation is low (which is necessary to prevent hypoglycemia), then adrenaline needs to step in to raise blood sugar, when then causes the stress reaction.

How would this issue manifest on serum glucose levels? My blood glucose levels have been hovering around pre-diabetic territory recently. Two hours after meals it is often ~6 nmol/L. I have a glucometer so I check semi-frequently. The issue seems to be worse with starch, or high fat meals. Sugar alone in the form of orange juice or coke doesn't seem to cause the same glucose elevations.

blueorca

I had digestive issues as well and got really sick from a virus. My doctor gave me penicillin for it but it actually helped me with my digestive issues as well. Also, have adrenal problems too and young(18) but what helped a lot was not letting my blood sugar drop and low-fat milk drank warm. Now I only get cold feet if I let my blood sugar drop, but a lot of things fixed itself. I used progesterone too, i love it. It definitely helped. Good luck.

Broco6679

Thank you for sharing your experience! I have a ton of questions for you if that's alright:
What dose of penicillin did you use, and how long did you sue it for?
What were your viral symptoms?
How did you confirm your adrenal issues, and what were your symptoms?
What dose progesterone do you use? Have you checked your prog and cortisol levels pre and post prog use?

blueorca

I was perscribed rapiclav 625, i think the name of the antibiotic is actually amoxicillin. I used half a tablet everyday for one week. Took a break of 3 days and then started back for another week.
My viral symptoms were constant nausea and diarrhea with a fever. I couldnt eat anything as well without vomiting it right back out, even stuff like dry crackers.
The adrenals, i was suffering way before i started antibiotics and it honesty got worse after until i started eating more calories and peaty. There was the usual cold feet and hands all the time, but i knew it was adrenaline because i was always in my flight or fight mode. Any little thing would give me a jump scare, it was so bad that i couldnt do my driving classes. Also i was talking to a very knowledgeable member om this forum and she identified that it could be adrenals and why i was constantly getting sick.
Progesterone, i used to source naturals cream and applied it on wrists and thighs once at morning and once at night. It added up to around 40mg of progesterone a day. For like a whole month.At first I didnt notice anything at all except high libido which was weird, i expected the opposite. After 3 weeks, i started to notice the calming effect and mental clarity. Stopped my fatigue too. I didnt test my level, its extremely overpriced where i live but i wouldve liked too.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've done the daily carrot salad or mushrooms fried in coconut oil for a while, but neither help. I think my gut issues are beyond what these two can fix, as I usually still feel food sat in my stomach two-three hours after eating - especially if I'm at the gym lifting. This again suggests hypo, but my poor reaction to thyroid-s leaves me out of options for this, unfortunately.
If it was me I'd try the natural route first.
A stack I'd use is 2tsp of activated charcoal with 2tbsp coconut oil combined with Artemisinin and maybe GI synergy (supplement). That combo should disrupt biofilm and kill off bacteria, fungi, parasites and yeast and excrete them from the body.
If not strong enough I'd use the activated charcoal and coconut oil twice or even three times a day. Just be sure to use it away from food.
Then I'd add in digestive enzymes to prevent any undigested food from reaching the small and large intestine.

Ableton

Lots of people with gut issues in acute stress situations were helped out by cyproheptadine as an intervention, me included.
I think gut health should be the first thing to target for you.
If you are able to digest 3k peaty calories I believe things will start sorting themselves out eventually, especially in combination with an active lifestyle.
I would also experiment with the macro ratios a bit. Not everybody does well on low fat, high carb.
If something does not work out for you, question it. Do not take peat as dogma

Broco6679

I'll give your suggestions a shot before using antibiotics.

One last question:

I think you're right that estradiol is the cause of varicose veins on preg. I was looking back through my logs over the past year, and the appearance of v veins after pregnenolone was always much worse when I was on testosterone + HCG. On T, my e2 was usually 160 pmol/L, whereas naturally it falls around 90.

I still have some exemestane lying about from my time on T. What are your thoughts on using an extremely low dose for a month or so whilst introducing prog + dhea as prevention for the varicose veins? Once intracellular e2 is cleared by restoring systemic progesterone levels, the ai will be stopped.

Thanks, Hans.

Broco6679

I was perscribed rapiclav 625, i think the name of the antibiotic is actually amoxicillin. I used half a tablet everyday for one week. Took a break of 3 days and then started back for another week.
My viral symptoms were constant nausea and diarrhea with a fever. I couldnt eat anything as well without vomiting it right back out, even stuff like dry crackers.
The adrenals, i was suffering way before i started antibiotics and it honesty got worse after until i started eating more calories and peaty. There was the usual cold feet and hands all the time, but i knew it was adrenaline because i was always in my flight or fight mode. Any little thing would give me a jump scare, it was so bad that i couldnt do my driving classes. Also i was talking to a very knowledgeable member om this forum and she identified that it could be adrenals and why i was constantly getting sick.
Progesterone, i used to source naturals cream and applied it on wrists and thighs once at morning and once at night. It added up to around 40mg of progesterone a day. For like a whole month.At first I didnt notice anything at all except high libido which was weird, i expected the opposite. After 3 weeks, i started to notice the calming effect and mental clarity. Stopped my fatigue too. I didnt test my level, its extremely overpriced where i live but i wouldve liked too.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'll give your suggestions a shot before using antibiotics.

One last question:

I think you're right that estradiol is the cause of varicose veins on preg. I was looking back through my logs over the past year, and the appearance of v veins after pregnenolone was always much worse when I was on testosterone + HCG. On T, my e2 was usually 160 pmol/L, whereas naturally it falls around 90.

I still have some exemestane lying about from my time on T. What are your thoughts on using an extremely low dose for a month or so whilst introducing prog + dhea as prevention for the varicose veins? Once intracellular e2 is cleared by restoring systemic progesterone levels, the ai will be stopped.

Thanks, Hans.
Yeah I think that is a good idea. Between 6 and 12mg should be fine if you're prone to aromatization.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals