INCREDIBLE Jack Kruse Interview

koganmj

Hi all. I didn't plan on dropping back into the forum, but I feel this interview is just too important and relevant to not share with people who've made it as far along on their own journey towards good health that they're now studying the brilliant work of Ray Peat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZZSLQFZnQM

Over the years I haven't known anything about Jack Kruse except what I picked up from the comments sections of various article across the web that he was an “anti-paleo” paleo dude, which interested me not in the slightest. However, my curiosity to check out his work was piqued by some very thought provoking comments he made at the bottom of the page of this article.

Needless to say, MIND BLOWN. As you can see in the video title, there’s lots of discussion in there about structured water, blue light, DHA, infrared, all that jazz. It turns out that he’s a big proponent of Gilbert Ling’s work, and gives him a number of shout outs during the interview. Also talks about Gerald Pollack’s work. At one point he discusses how carbohydrates become problematic the further you get from the equator (fascinating). What I liked most was his discussion about an organism’s environment, with particular emphasis on EMFs. The only thing that irked my ‘err-meter’ was I think somewhere around the 1h mark he said we need dietary DHA because the brain requires it but can’t make it. If I’m not mistaken, other ‘structures’ in the body are able to make DHA and deliver it to the brain, but it’s something I need to continue learning about:
http://edwardjedmonds.com/energy-and-structure/

He basically confirmed what I've been growing more and more convinced of over the last 18 months which is that living in multi-storey apartment buildings is seriously deleterious to the human organism (even more so now than just 20 years ago given everyone’s WiFi routers). Confronting the EMF aspect of the journey towards regaining good health is extremely overwhelming, to the point where your subconscious will try to steer you away from learning about it as a sort of self-protecting mechanism, but I urge you not to bury your head in the sand and ignore it. You might not be able to see radio and microwaves, but they are there, and they ARE affecting your physiology. You may eventually reach a point where you have to consider moving, but our current modern environments are completely out of whack with the environments we evolved in over the last however many years humans have been a species (religion v evolution v alien creators - I won't go there). Mark my words, electro-hypersensitivity (EHS) is going to be THE health problem in the coming decades. I recently devoured the information on these two very good websites:
http://www.emfanalysis.com/
http://www.emfwise.com/

Also check out a couple of documentaries on youtube called Resonance: Beings of Frequency and Take Back Your Power. Some things you can start doing right away: wear blue-blocking glasses at night and when looking at screens, get rid of your CFL light bulbs, pull your circuit breakers before going to sleep at night, try and get morning sunshine, get your skin in contact with natural earth surfaces as much as possible, put your cell phone on airplane mode when carrying it on your body, wire the internet in your home and turn off the WiFi, ‘ground’ your laptop when using it (search youtube), maybe think about buying the necessary meters to measure radio frequency, electric fields, and magnetic fields in your home (perhaps also a meter for measuring dirty electricity – likely an issue if you have a smart meter), wrap multi-layered alfoil around your smart meter if you live in a house and shield the wall on the inside of where the smart meter is located (lots of youtube videos about shielding smart meters, also a range of paints that block EMFs made by a German company called YShield), possibly look into buying a faraday canopy to surround your bed.
http://www.emfanalysis.com/is-grounding-good-for-you/ (make sure to read the comments as well)
I recommended to a forum member last year they might want to experiment with a grounding mat – I no longer stand by that position.

For the 8 or 9 years that I’ve been studying nutrition and health now, which has led me into physiology (I’ll never be able to ‘speak’ chemistry but I can live with that), I’ve picked up many pieces of the jigsaw puzzle along the way – saturated fat, CO2, sunshine, circadian rhythms, EMFs, light sources, thyroid function, Weston Price’s Nutrition and Physical degeneration, Nicholas Gonzalez’s individualized diets for treating cancer, many other pieces. But only now, having listened to this interview, am I starting to see how the pieces actually fit together in order to be able to see the bigger picture, which is that the electromagnetic ‘resonance’ if you will of a person, as influenced by the types of electromagnetism present in their environment, is what determines the affect that person’s diet will have on their body. It’s a new paradigm. It’s really quite thought provoking to hypothesize that had cell phone towers been present in the living areas of the indigenous tribal populations Weston Price studied back in the 30’s, they probably would have been sick despite everything else they were doing right. No wondering we’re all dying prematurely today.

Unfortunately, right now is not a very good time in history to be a human. We’re being attacked from all angles – GMOs, vaccines, radioactive fallout, body scanners, x-rays and cat scans, homogenization, food irradiation, water fluoridation, etc etc ad infinitum. But the most overwhelmingly of these, I feel, is the “psychotronic warfare” that is being waged on the ‘plebs’ through all of the artificial, non-natural EMFs that are now ubiquitous in the modern environment, which just a couple of generations ago were not present. The human genome is getting seriously screwed up. I do wonder at times if we are as a species on the verge of extinction. I’m glad I’ve never had any inherent biological/emotional desire to have children; my heart breaks for all the parents who are raising autistic children.

I will state that I do feel Ray's work, at least how it is being 'translated' on this forum (ie. high-carb, low-fat), is unlikely to be the "light at the end of the tunnel" for the average person. I'm seeing more and more reports across the web of former readers/members of this forum who ended up developing a restrictive eating disorder, which troubles me deeply. There may not be a Ray Peat diet, but there is definitely a Ray Peat Forum diet.

I think there is a lot of great information on this forum, and I myself learned s***loads in the year I spent studying here, but I encourage people to 'balance out' their reading of this forum with staying open-minded to Weston Price's findings in Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, the incredible results of Nicholas Gonzalez (sadly recently deceased) in treating cancer with individualized diets, former forum member Edward's blog, and probably Jack Kruse’s work which I will be devouring over the coming months.

Anyway, I'm not really trying to stir up any trouble here, just thought I'd share this with those who are open-minded enough to consider that a gallon of skim milk a day, a quart or two of OJ, generous amounts of sugar, some liver, some gelatin, and thyroid, aspirin and vitamin supplementation is unlikely to be a panacea for most people. Hey, who knows, maybe a year from now I'll think Jack Kruse is an idiot (unlikely). The take home point, however, is never stop learning information from new and old sources alike.

squanch

Interesting stuff, thanks for that quick summary. I have been intrigued by some of his theories in the past, the fact that he's such a self absorbed egocentric douchebag always prevented me from going deeper into it though.

I'm not sure how someone is supposed to solve the emf problem if you still want be part of modern society and have a somewhat functioning social life.
Wrapping yourself in aluminum foil and running around with an emf meter all day? Freaking out whenever someone pulls out his cellphone? 90% of us probably have a job that require's us to stare into a screen for most of our workday. You're going to sit there with your tinfoil hat and earthing mat, wondering when you're finally going to drop dead because of the office wifi?
Yeah I know, those are exaggerations and you can still avoid some emf without looking like a lunatic.
Not trying to be a ****, it just doesn't seem like the individual can really make a big difference here without our whole society completely changing in the way we live.

Also couldn't we simply try to emulate the conditions around the equator (with red light and uv light) to improve carbohydrate metabolism? He seems to suggest consuming more fat in the form of dha for people living in the northern regions.
If he is basically saying that the more sunlight a person gets, the less dha they need in their diets, why not increase the sunlight in the form of artificial lights instead of increasing dha?

OP
K

koganmj

Skally said:
Interesting stuff, thanks for that quick summary. I have been intrigued by some of his theories in the past, the fact that he's such a self absorbed egocentric douchebag always prevented me from going deeper into it though.

Can't argue with that, he could benefit from a bit of humility. It's funny though, as my health/metabolism continues to get better and I learn more about spirituality and consciousness, egos don't tend to 'register' on my radar as much as they used to in the past. You start to outgrow the small stuff, I guess.

Skally said:
I'm not sure how someone is supposed to solve the emf problem if you still want be part of modern society and have a somewhat functioning social life.
Wrapping yourself in aluminum foil and running around with an emf meter all day? Freaking out whenever someone pulls out his cellphone? 90% of us probably have a job that require's us to stare into a screen for most of our workday. You're going to sit there with your tinfoil hat and earthing mat, wondering when you're finally going to drop dead because of the office wifi?
Yeah I know, those are exaggerations and you can still avoid some emf without looking like a lunatic.
Not trying to be a ****, it just doesn't seem like the individual can really make a big difference here without our whole society completely changing in the way we live.

Your frustration is understandable. Like I said, it's extremely overwhelming to confront the issue EMFs, to the point where you feel like you'll have to withdraw from society and go live in the mountains like Sassquatch. As I also said, it's not a very good time in history to be a human - we are literally being experimented on without our knowledge or consent. The best advice I can give people is small-chunk the learning curve bit by bit, try not to worry too much about the things that are out of your control, and you will eventually get the EMF issue under control. I do believe that one can actually live in modern society and still enjoy good health so long as they utilise the appropriate precautionary measures. You are right though, EMFs are a huge issue that societies as a whole are going to have to confront collectively. I've come across a few stories from across the world of parents banding together to have WiFi removed from schools. Progress is being made, albeit slowly.

Skally said:
Also couldn't we simply try to emulate the conditions around the equator (with red light and uv light) to improve carbohydrate metabolism? He seems to suggest consuming more fat in the form of dha for people living in the northern regions.
If he is basically saying that the more sunlight a person gets, the less dha they need in their diets, why not increase the sunlight in the form of artificial lights instead of increasing dha?

Good question. I don't have an answer. I'll be interested to see if others can chime in and share some thoughts.

OP
K

koganmj

I also just remembered his points about cold being beneficial, which might seem strange on first hearing, and the host didn't have him elaborate on it all that much which was a shame, but I think he might be talking about intermittent acute cold treatments:

https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=KfPPCKpUqek

pboy

there might be a slight issue with EMF but its basically a non factor compared to so many other, obvious, sensible things. Its like a thing people use to justify a victim mentality or usher away blame from other things. Cell phones to the head and/or anything electronic directly on your body its good to be grounded, that's kinda it. The actual physical air pollution is much worse than EMF's, and noise pollution from buzzes and hums, and/or estrogenic people in your viscinity. If you live in a quiet place but the air is clean, and the people around you are sweet, then you suddenly realize EMF's are like a non factor. People come up with all kinds of crazy theories and get wrapped up in imaginative things basically when they are hopelessly unable to tackle their ***t, when if you really just open your heart things are more obvious and apparent that are the problems in someones life.

As an example, me just glancing over that picture above pisses me off and upsets my mood a billion x worse than the EMF's in my apt building cause theres some weird dude trying to like beam his ***t into my face. You can use a PC to have zen music going which is going to help you, or watch stuff like that all day and its gonna stress and aggravate you and distort your actual presence of mind

OP
K

koganmj

pboy said:
there might be a slight issue with EMF but its basically a non factor compared to so many other, obvious, sensible things. Its like a thing people use to justify a victim mentality or usher away blame from other things. Cell phones to the head and/or anything electronic directly on your body its good to be grounded, that's kinda it. The actual physical air pollution is much worse than EMF's, and noise pollution from buzzes and hums, and/or estrogenic people in your viscinity. If you live in a quiet place but the air is clean, and the people around you are sweet, then you suddenly realize EMF's are like a non factor. People come up with all kinds of crazy theories and get wrapped up in imaginative things basically when they are hopelessly unable to tackle their s***, when if you really just open your heart things are more obvious and apparent that are the problems in someones life.

As an example, me just glancing over that picture above pisses me off and upsets my mood a billion x worse than the EMF's in my apt building cause theres some weird dude trying to like beam his s*** into my face. You can use a PC to have zen music going which is going to help you, or watch stuff like that all day and its gonna stress and aggravate you and distort your actual presence of mind

I've found you to be extremely open-minded in the past pboy, but this is a disappointing comment. Tell someone with EHS, which the Swedish government recognizes is a real illness (and more countries will too in the future) that EMFs don't matter. Why don't you just call it a conspiracy theory, I can tell you want to. I didn't realize that video came up with the image of a half-naked dude, I'll edit the link.

I once heard a very good phrase: You know you're dealing with a belief system when you get an emotional response.

OP
K

koganmj

And did you even watch the video for crying out loud? I was trying to provide an example of what I assumed Jack was alluding to in his comments about the benefits of cold.

pboy

I mean man I'm just being honest, like I sleep find and have great dreams and I live in an apt with wifi, something simple like eating a gassy food, or living with a person who stresses me out is so much more significant, or having a noisy air conditioner outside. I'm not saying that they do or don't matter, but its relatively a non factor is all I'm saying compared to other things, and even with them around quality of life can be great if other conditions in your life are fine

OP
K

koganmj

You're assuming that because you don't have a problem with it, other people shouldn't either. THAT is dogma.

pboy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95993/and even with them around quality of life can be great if other conditions in your life are fine

koganmj said:
I do believe that one can actually live in modern society and still enjoy good health so long as they utilise the appropriate precautionary measures.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
K

koganmj

Your "victim mentality" comment is really disgusting. Just want to put that on the record.

OP
K

koganmj

Don't worry bro, you've hurt your own reputation on here more than I possibly could.

pboy

for giving realistic stabilizing advice rather than just inciting fear into people? naturally you can say by virtue of living at all, being in a body, we are to an extent a victim. But what I'm trying to say is that rather than look potentially to more heartfelt causes to personal suffering, people will want to act like they are victims to certain unavoidable things and then kinda stop looking at how maybe their own being is perhaps bringing upon itself some level of suffering via what its collaterally supporting or doing in life, ignorantly or not. I'm not discounting the fact that theres many stresses that are annoying and widespread, and often times during peoples growth they have to get through situations that possibly they feel strongly they are being repressed by and don't deserve, but life is kind of more about how good you feel about yourself inside in terms of how things play out, and affect you. Just as an example, if I was to have lied or cheated or done something wrong to a person, or supported out of laziness the furthering of pollution or something via just what I bought, or if I said something to a person that they might then go hurt themselves with, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night and have a very nice dream, cause my state of mind wouldn't be clear and pure, and my heart...EMF's or not. If something isn't strongly clearly disturbing to your senses, or weighing on your conscience and or heart or mind, its most likely not the problem in your life, and what is are those things that do that. Just based on what response EMF's elicit to my state of being, they seem pretty benign. Living next to a tower or something might be a different story, and in such a case I think responsibility and good ethics should be applied as to where they are located as to not disturb people. A home router basically doesn't do anything though

OP
K

koganmj

pboy said:
for giving realistic stabilizing advice rather than just inciting fear into people? naturally you can say by virtue of living at all, being in a body, we are to an extent a victim. But what I'm trying to say is that rather than look potentially to more heartfelt causes to personal suffering, people will want to act like they are victims to certain unavoidable things and then kinda stop looking at how maybe their own being is perhaps bringing upon itself some level of suffering via what its collaterally supporting or doing in life, ignorantly or not. I'm not discounting the fact that theres many stresses that are annoying and widespread, and often times during peoples growth they have to get through situations that possibly they feel strongly they are being repressed by and don't deserve, but life is kind of more about how good you feel about yourself inside in terms of how things play out, and affect you. Just as an example, if I was to have lied or cheated or done something wrong to a person, or supported out of laziness the furthering of pollution or something via just what I bought, or if I said something to a person that they might then go hurt themselves with, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night and have a very nice dream, cause my state of mind wouldn't be clear and pure, and my heart...EMF's or not. If something isn't strongly clearly disturbing to your senses, or weighing on your conscience and or heart or mind, its most likely not the problem in your life, and what is are those things that do that. Just based on what response EMF's elicit to my state of being, they seem pretty benign. Living next to a tower or something might be a different story, and in such a case I think responsibility and good ethics should be applied as to where they are located as to not disturb people. A home router basically doesn't do anything though

So educating people about the dangers of PUFA when they are unaware of the dangers of PUFA is fine, but pointing out the dangers of EMFs to people who are unaware of the dangers of EMFs is "inciting fear"?

Jesus Christ mate, you are impossible.

pboy

well pufa's don't hurt you unless you eat them, and if you put them on your tongue or smell them it feels like a thick grease that blocks sensations and isn't pleasant at all, and so you kinda can tell that it isn't something good to swallow. If you don't sense EMF at all then to that extent is to what it is a problem. If you simply like go sit on your front or back porch, and have a decent view and feel the breeze, you are surely still in your homes EMF range, but it feels like a relief from being indoors. So I would argue that being in small rooms with roofs often is worse than whether of not you have a router in your house or not. I'm just being realistic, the body would give like an indicator if it was being grossly disturbed to the point it had the power alone to ruin lives. The more ruinous thing of modern life, and city life, is the lack of care and respect for each other and harmony with nature and things, that's a more perpetual widespread toxin because its kind of in the back of everyones mind all the time. If you went to a hunter gatherer culture that Weston price studied, and they did everything else exactly the same as they were, but you put low level EMF around them and didn't tell them, I really doubt anything would change at all. Depending on what device it was, and the content perhaps streamed through it that they could then experience, yea that might change things, but just a neutral little quiet box that put out low level EMF, they wouldn't have a clue it was even doing it. As another example, I had to unplug the refrigerator that came in this apt I'm living at because it makes a clear, perceivable, annoying buzz that disturbs my minds ability to totally relax when its going. But ive never had to turn off the router at all because its indetecable. Sure there is a lot of electric devices around that cause disturbances, but if you are unable to sense them, then its very likely not disturbing your bodies frequency that badly or to any significant level. I don't mean to insult your possible good intentions to want to help people...I just know that putting undo significance on things that probably really aren't a problem, especially things people cant immediately change or do much about, while at the same time telling them how ruinous and terrible and deteriorating to their life it is, saying its even as or more important than the things they can change, is like a recipe to promote learned helplessness and serotonin and stress in them and isn't cool to do

OP
K

koganmj

Dude... I can't even follow your logic, although I appreciate that you don't want people to become 'overwhelmed' with an issue that, admittedly, can seem insurmountable. But your 'airy fairy, positive intention' stuff is also dangerous. Do you know how many people over the last few decades have died trying to overcome their cancer purely through the power of 'positive intentions'? I actually gave a lot of advice for how people can deal with EMFs, and I also said not to let it overwhelm them (but you'll make the argument that me simply pointing out it out will inevitably lead people to feel overwhelmed, in which case I would say Ray should also just 'shut up' about PUFAs). I see a whole lot of people eating french fries cooked in PUFAs, but no, you're right, people instinctively know not to eat PUFA. But your argument that if EMFs don't register a 'consciously' observable affect on one's body, don't worry about it... ever seen how many people stand inside body scanners at the airport and think it's perfectly fine?

Don't get me wrong man, I understand the point you're making that the are huge, overarching, fundamental flaws in the 'designs' of our modern societies that individuals have next to no power to affect change to, but 'airy fairy, positive intention, bury your head in the sand' attitudes actually DON'T help people overcome their learned helplessness.

Brian

It appears that blocking calcium channels may be one of the most powerful ways of protecting yourself from the negative effects of EMFs. This agrees with my own experience that an emphasis on Magnesium and K2 have greatly improved my metabolism. I sleep extremely well and have a general increase in well being since upping them both.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2865&p=34300&hilit=EMF+calcium#p34300

I definitely notice benefits from minimal cell phone usage. When I go camping its amazing how much healthier my energy production and well being are. I attribute this in part to being away from manmade EMFs.

I agree that a gallon of milk, plus juice, etc diet is not a good idea for most people. I think most here would agree with that too. All those fluids might be good for a young athlete though. Personally I apply Ray Peat's ideas through just minimizing PUFA and getting most of my fat from coconut oil. Other than that I eat pretty much anything and don't intentionally restrict or over analyze my food choices. For me the most important things are: an abundance of red light, magnesium/K2, and adequate vitamin A.

pboy

perhaps I'm just protected for reasons brian mentioned, I do have a high intake of magnesium, good hormonal levels and use tobacco which is a strong calcium blocker and basically harmonizes the frequency of mind to a large extent. I still say though that even something like estrogenic people in your vicsinity and bad air quality are worse than EMF's. Theres something about nature also, perhaps the air, but also just the connection you get from being within a majestic harmony that is healing, and those probably are more important than EMF's...just feeling like you are more free and your reality not being in threat of pollution or disturbance is a big thing. I also forget that most people have been in an excited state their whole lives and have lost really an intimate ability to sense things, such as PUFA being annoying or a toxin (more just like gunk in your system), but also the fact it comes on fries or chips, the nutrients and them not knowing any better options the body probably sees a net benefit for survival and kind of gives it a pass cause it would rather survive than be stressed or depraved, even if the food is coming with toxins. What I say might seem airy fairy but its very real actually. If you pay attention, its very hard to be in an alpha brain wave state if you have any emotional, spiritual, or mental stress, and if you aren't in an alpha brain wave state its very hard to heal, have insights, realizations, relax, or feel good...so living in a way that keeps your mind and conscience clean is paramount. If I had a choice though to live with EMF around me but good air quality and only people with a sweet vibe around, or have no EMF but low air quality and estrogenic kind of gross or irritating people around, id choose the first option without a doubt. I manage to easily stay in an alpha brain wave state which has to do with frequency and resonance, the very things EMF is said to disturb, even in the presence of it...so its effect if its there isn't too powerful enough to make or break a persons reality alone. I guess it is fair to acknowledge a potential slight effect it might be having, its just like really really small and way in the back burner of important things to pay attention to or worry about considering the circumstances. Using cables is a better option if possible, but also to note, I think the potential goods in having the internet around are a net benefit so its important not to scare people into wanting to live totally like off the grid, but it all depends on what you use it for and are letting into your senses