Increasing metabolic rate could cause emotional sensitivity?

FredSonoma

Hello,

I've been Peating for almost two months and recently I've noticed I seem to be really sensitive - before Peating it seemed more like I didn't really care what people said or did - I was mostly indifferent and brushed everything off. Maybe this was because I was too damn tired to be concerned with it?

I'm also thinking, maybe now that my metabolic rate is increasing and my brain is clearer, that past memories of emotional pain are coming up (as before I was too brain foggy to think about that stuff - just thinking about getting through my day), and because so much of that is coming up, I am really sensitive to what people say to me.

I think I'm visibly happier (I feel much happier too, my mood is generally very good), and I was wondering, maybe people are fking with me more now because I often act goofy and giggly, whereas before I probably always looked really tired. So maybe people are just fking with me more now because I seem like I'm always in a good mood?

Blinkyrocket

I have no idea how it works, but I used to go through life stressed ALL the time, only thinking about the fact that my back and neck were killing me and that my nose was always half stuffed and itchy. Now things are clearer and I'm remembering things that happened to me and the way I used to be and getting all regretful, just thinking about my past isn't just like "man I was an idiot, oh well moving on" more like "why should I keep going if there's no way I can go back and be different?" Sorry for the depression but it seems that less stress equals more time to contemplate all the crap you've been through.

It makes me so freakin mad that I had to endure so much pain that was entirely preventable, I wanna go back in time and tell myself I'm a freakin idiot for never thinking that an inability to relax wasn't completely normal and all my fault.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Blinkyrocket said:
I have no idea how it works, but I used to go through life stressed ALL the time, only thinking about the fact that my back and neck were killing me and that my nose was always half stuffed and itchy. Now things are clearer and I'm remembering things that happened to me and the way I used to be and getting all regretful, just thinking about my past isn't just like "man I was an idiot, oh well moving on" more like "why should I keep going if there's no way I can go back and be different?" Sorry for the depression but it seems that less stress equals more time to contemplate all the crap you've been through.

That's exactly what I've been thinking! Good thing I am scheduled to go to a meditation retreat in a couple weeks, hopefully I can diffuse all that ***t :cool:

Blinkyrocket

FredSonoma said:
Blinkyrocket said:

That's exactly what I've been thinking! Good thing I am scheduled to go to a meditation retreat in a couple weeks, hopefully I can diffuse all that s*** :cool:
Hopefully your circumstances for diffusion will be better than mine o_O

milk

There have been days after I began peating in which I woke up with a cheerfulness I had never quite experienced before, not to that degree. A sort of physical/mental thing. A sort of Christmas feeling. It always happened after I spent some time in the sun the day before. It doesn't seem to happen anymore though.

And when I was in that good state it did make me feel vulnerable. More vulnerable to my habitual neuroses, like I was in too healthy a state for my own good.

Blinkyrocket

I wonder what causes the feeling of "I'm so happy, what can I do to ruin this? *remember and does thing that ruins it* in other words how do you forget stupid habits that annoy you when you're going along and suddenly realize that you aren't doing that annoying thing but then you're thinking about it again so you start doing it again.

Or maybe it's like the alternate definition of addiction and those stupid habits that ruin everything are just manifestations of an underlying psychological thing that needs to be addressed? SO CONFUSING!!

Zachs

I was the opposite. Very sensitive, moody and always dwelling on stuff when I was hypo. Now I'm very into my own self and not afraid of doing what I want and acting how I want. Not a lot gets to me anymore and I find I can let things go and not bring up insecurities in my mind over and over like I used to.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals