Increasing Brain Health. Supplements?

Beefcake

Hi!
So I’m curious about peaty ways to optimize brain health. Is BDNF a viable way? Whats rays stance on it?
Anyway some things I’ve thought about are the neurosteroids DHEA, Preg, progest or 5a-dhp? Which one would we consider the most powerful regarding brain health, boosting BDNF and healing damage to the brain?
Others I thought about are niacinamide, thiamine, B6 and other B-vitamins?
Vitamin K2
Whats the stance of thyroid supplements and brain health?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance peeps

Frankdee20

From my experience, and irrespective of what is Peaty and not, I love B-6. It’s a powerful mood elevator for me, straight Pyridoxine at 50Mg to 100 Mg. I think I respond better to that than Methylfolate for depression.
Also, Vitamin D3, and K2 together really helped my sociability and synchronization with environment. Wonderful for depression as well. Pregnenalone was quite a powerful mood elevator as well when it worked for me.

NextLevel_

I like Uridine, Theacrine, Sulbuthiamine, L-Tyrosine etc for energy, focus and motivation.

As for your question to healing a damaged brain, Alcar could be a good option. I know its not liked in the peat community though.

From encyclopedia of nootropics:
An Effective Neuroprotectant
ALCAR’s potent antioxidant properties make it a powerful neuroprotectant, capable of preventing and even repairing damage caused by free radicals that scavenge and damage brain cells

Uridine together with b-vitamins can help cellular repair as well.

Theacrine works as an anti-inflammatory as well, I don´t know if it does in the brain though as well.

ALA or Alpha Lipoic Acid is another strong antioxidant. It is neuro-protective.

milkboi

You definitively already know all of these, but all the peaty sups: Preg, Prog, Thyroid, Vitamin E, B Vitamins (especially high dose B1), Aspirin, Tyrosine/Phenylalanine, fat-solubles in general + a stimulating life (social and work life (the last one especially for us men). Everything that increases metabolism (in a healthy, non-catabolic way) should help renew brain cells, learn faster and build positive beliefs (because you have the energy to prove them to yourself in the real world).

Frankdee20

Aspirin is rather hit and miss for me, sometimes it can make people robotic, and it can make me rather devoid of personality. Perhaps Cortisol lowering effects contribute to this, and sometimes it does not matter how much I eat with it.

HustlinHussar

@Lokzo Hey, man. Know it's been a while, but is it true I need to take Folate alongside Uridine? I'm aware of the necessity of a quality B-Vitamin, but I've read without ample Folate I could risk doing damage. Cheers.