Increased Vit D Supplementation Leads To Muscle Twitching

Anyone know the connection? im wondering what the co factors are or what vit D depletes or creates more of. Would lack of k2 cause it? I just took some k2 to see what would happen. fwiw, I might have been D deficient for at least a couple of months.

OP
mayweatherking
Moans, stones, groans, bones and psychiatric overtones... hypercalcemia?

KMUD: 11-18-16 Vitamin D

Its hyper calcemia?

How much D were you taking? I think magnesium deficiency gave me some problems with D.

Varied... today I took around 8k so far. other days id do maybe 15 to 20k. the reason is my D level was 27. so I was trying to get it up.

Your right it.could be mag, but even mag chloride doesn't really do anything for it. but I noticed the twithing may go uo.with sugar, because I ate a part of chocolate bar and I started getting twitching

raypeatclips

That is a fair amount of D, although a lot of people are quick to suggest taking even higher than that.

Have you tried the mag bicarb water? It's the only mag I've noticed any difference from.

OP
mayweatherking
Moans, stones, groans, bones and psychiatric overtones... hypercalcemia?

KMUD: 11-18-16 Vitamin D

So should vit A take care of it then if.its hypercalcemia as a test? id say making the oily vitamins work is one of my main problems if not the main problem. I have had bad dandruff for a while and get random symptoms like this when dealing with this stuff. how much A do.you take?

That is a fair amount of D, although a lot of people are quick to suggest taking even higher than that.

Have you tried the mag bicarb water? It's the only mag I've noticed any difference from.

I havent... I will try it

Giraffe

So should vit A take care of it then if.its hypercalcemia as a test? id say making the oily vitamins work is one of my main problems if not the main problem. I have had bad dandruff for a while and get random symptoms like this when dealing with this stuff.
You can try it, but I would first try magnesium. It has helped you so often.

how much A do.you take?
I get my vitamin A from food.

OP
mayweatherking
You can try it, but I would first try magnesium. It has helped you so often.

I get my vitamin A from food.

I dont think its magnesium. when I drink milk sugar and coffee it got worse. I.think it.was.the vit A. I took a lot on my skin and I noticed my nose got less clogged. then I had a libido boost after it. then I went to the restroom and felt my temp go up a lot after urinating. I really think I.have an A problem. the dandruff, hairloss, lack of libido, it all points to A issues. bit I always had issues due to thyroid inhibition. maybe noe that my D is better, it will be better? lets hope so..

OP
mayweatherking
Emailed my boy ray.. he tlld me calcium mag and b.vitamins especially b6.. got some liver and ate a good amount... I felt my muscles relax a lot..'. I think he could be right, hopefully ill be ok

paymanz

I never go more than 2-3 k unless its short term or blood check regularly.that is a big dose you mentioned.

Just hit 40ng ,need blood test for sure.

Giraffe

I never go more than 2-3 k unless its short term or blood check regularly.that is a big dose you mentioned.
Did you have any symptoms when you had that high vitamin D level? Was is 80 ng/ml?

paymanz

Did you have any symptoms when you had that high vitamin D level? Was is 80 ng/ml?
I hit 111ng one time,and yes it was very bad ,for sure it was hypercalcemia.however I didn't test my calcium level,just stopped vitamin d for a while.

My point also is that this vitamin has a cumulative increasing effect,in long term you have no idea how it increase your level , unless you test.I talk about 6month - 1 year when I say cumulative dose.

What level of vitamin d you believe is good?

paymanz

Also vitamin A is important to be balanced with vitamin d with good ratio,with that you can inhibit hypercalcemia effect of high dose vitamin d to a good degree.( and I wasn't awar of it at that time when I used lot of vitamin d)

Giraffe

What level of vitamin d you believe is good?
I would aim for something between 35 and 50 ng/ml. I have not seen enough research yet to be absolutely confident, though. Not sure either that there is one level that is the optimal one for everybody.

My point also is that this vitamin has a cumulative increasing effect,in long term you have no idea how it increase your level , unless you test.I talk about 6month - 1 year when I say cumulative dose.
I supplement vitamin D only in Winter, hope it helps to prevent the blues.

Last edited:

Agent207

Ideal levels should be around 60-70ng/mL if they come from uvb light and food.

Supplements I would never go over 2000iu daily even if it weren't enough to reach that levels (then, 30-40 is acceptable). Trying to reach proper levels just with oral d3 its gonna be a mess for sure.

Last edited:

paymanz

Ideal levels should be around 60-70ng/mL if they come from uvb light and food.

Supplements I would never go over 2000iu daily even if it weren't enough to reach that levels. Ideally no supplement.
Base on what you believe 60-70 ng is optimal levels?

Vit D might enable the immune system to attack pathogens that were resistant to previous immune action. As a result, increased endotoxins might irritate the nerves and cause twitching. A similar thing happened to me with cypro.