Increased Urea Levels Trigger Inflammation And Mitochondrial Dysfunction

Kartoffel

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

„In a uremic muscle cell model, C2C12 cells were exposed to uremic serum and inflammatory cytokines.

Now that you ask, no. Already uremic cells were exposed to uremic serum and cytokines. Doesn’t read like a sensible experiment. But I don’t really know either.

no it isn't any causation at all between urea and inflammation. It is correlation between high urea levels and end stage kidney disease but correlated with a lot of other stuff. It is possible that the urea is protective.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

no it isn't any causation at all between urea and inflammation. It is correlation between high urea levels and end stage kidney disease but correlated with a lot of other stuff. It is possible that the urea is protective.

Frome the pubmed-abstract:

onclusion.:
Our data indicate that uremia is associated with increased adipose tissue macrophage infiltration and concurrent muscle tissue mitochondrial dysfunction induced by inflammation/ROS. Adipose tissue is a potential source of inflammation in ESRD that is not due to increased adiposity and may contribute to mitochondrial dysfunction in uremia.

Yes, it's only a correlation it seems - and I hope/think the mito dysfunction is only a correlation too in this inflammatory condition?

Frome the pubmed-abstract:

onclusion.:
Our data indicate that uremia is associated with increased adipose tissue macrophage infiltration and concurrent muscle tissue mitochondrial dysfunction induced by inflammation/ROS. Adipose tissue is a potential source of inflammation in ESRD that is not due to increased adiposity and may contribute to mitochondrial dysfunction in uremia.

Yes, it's only a correlation it seems - and I hope/think the mito dysfunction is only a correlation too in this inflammatory condition?

I think so.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals