Increased heartbeat, hard to stay calm

G

gummybear

I've been having more and more increased heartbeats, more stress, harder to focus on something the last few days. My temperature seems to be higher aswell. I don't like it at all, it's just stressful. Is it because of my peat diet?

pete

You taking thyroid/adrenal supplements/glandulars?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That was my first thought and question. Sounds like what happened to me when I overdosed on thyroid. Except, my temps dropped.

OP
G

gummybear

pete said:
You taking thyroid/adrenal supplements/glandulars?

No I haven't...I ordered some pregnenalone but it haven't arrived yet. Scares the living ***t out of me.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This is pure speculation, and I mean a huge grab in the dark. Well, when I took too much thyroid, what seems like the same thing happened to me, except for the temps, mine dropped a bit. Word is, this is due to the body becoming more sensitive to adrenaline. I am wondering, maybe, your thyroid has boosted up thyroid production itself, causing the same thing to happen to you, body has become more sensitive to adrenaline, its a very uneasy feeling, I know. I dunno, just was a thought that went through my mind about your situation.

I only see one solution for this, you need to boil up a big pot of broccoli and douse it with copious amounts of flaxseed oil and chase it with some fish oil. :rolling I jest, I jest.

pete

Hormonal fluctuations can be a cause, like having hectic sleeping hours. Check for a selenium deficiency, or too much iodine in your diet.

Skipped heartbeats can be cause for concern
http://www.independentmail.com/news/2007/jul/31/health-matters-skipped-heartbeats-can-be-cause-con/

In healthy individuals, an arrhythmia or a skipped beat may not be unusual, according to Dr. Harold Kennedy in the New England Journal of Medicine. Healthy individuals with irregular heartbeats are at no higher risk of physical problems. His research noted that many healthy people have some kind of unusual heart rhythm, including skipped beats, palpitations and pounding in the chest.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Kinda like was I was trying to say above, thyroid likely kicking up the hormones, body is adjusting. Sounds reasonable. Still, just conjecture on my part.

OP
G

gummybear

Charlie said:
This is pure speculation, and I mean a huge grab in the dark. Well, when I took too much thyroid, what seems like the same thing happened to me, except for the temps, mine dropped a bit. Word is, this is due to the body becoming more sensitive to adrenaline. I am wondering, maybe, your thyroid has boosted up thyroid production itself, causing the same thing to happen to you, body has become more sensitive to adrenaline, its a very uneasy feeling, I know. I dunno, just was a thought that went through my mind about your situation.

I only see one solution for this, you need to boil up a big pot of broccoli and douse it with copious amounts of flaxseed oil and chase it with some fish oil. :rolling I jest, I jest.

Funny charlie...really funny :?

So basically my thyroid is getting up to speed and getting more sensitive? It's very uncomfortable, seems like my heart is gonna come out sometimes. Maybe I drink to much milk? I dunno.

Pete: Interesting info, I take 150 mcg Iodine (as kelp) via my multivitamin, maybe that's to much?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sorry, maybe it wasnt a time to jest. However, I actually really thought about doing something like this when it happened to me a week or so back.

So, when this happened, I started freaking out, OMG, I am gonna DIE!! I mean shear panic, my heart was trying to beat its way out of my chest. Then I would panic, anxiety kick in, then the beating would get even worse. So, I contacted a board member who is really knowledgeable through PM. He said, dont worry, this is nothing that can hurt you, and it will soon pass. Best thing to do is try to relax, get plenty of OJ, sugar, salt, and gelatin, which I did, sipping it all day. And soon after that, I found myself being able to "think" myself down. Once I was told that I was gonna be alright, that cleared out the anxiety for me, and I had a plan...... Stay calm, plenty of sugar, salt, gelatin, and eventually, it did pass.

OP
G

gummybear

Charlie said:
Sorry, maybe it wasnt a time to jest. However, I actually really thought about doing something like this when it happened to me a week or so back.

So, when this happened, I started freaking out, OMG, I am gonna DIE!! I mean shear panic, my heart was trying to beat its way out of my chest. Then I would panic, anxiety kick in, then the beating would get even worse. So, I contacted a board member who is really knowledgeable through PM. He said, dont worry, this is nothing that can hurt you, and it will soon pass. Best thing to do is try to relax, get plenty of OJ, sugar, salt, and gelatin, which I did, sipping it all day. And soon after that, I found myself being able to "think" myself down. Once I was told that I was gonna be alright, that cleared out the anxiety for me, and I had a plan...... Stay calm, plenty of sugar, salt, gelatin, and eventually, it did pass.

Yeah im having some oj right now actually. Kinda helps.

Charlie, when did you start this diet and what have you felt as improvements? Did you notice anything first week - first month etc etc.

pete

You can stop taking supplements for a day or two, then introduce them one by one.

Supplements are responsible for a lot of allergies and sensitivities (don't recommend seaweed/algae), I stopped taking them and haven't noticed anything negative, just the opposite.

OP
G

gummybear

pete said:
You can stop taking supplements for a day or two, then introduce them one by one.

Supplements are responsible for a lot of allergies and sensitivities (don't recommend seaweed/algae), I stopped taking them and haven't noticed anything negative, just the opposite.

I thought multivitamins was something good?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I use to think the same.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
From here:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=544

Mary Shomon said:
What supplements do you feel are essential for most people with hypothyroidism?

Ray Peat said:
Because the quality of commercial nutritional supplements is dangerously low, the only supplement I generally advocate is vitamin E, and that should be used sparingly. Occasionally, I will suggest limited use of other supplements, but it is far safer in general to use real foods, and to exclude foods which are poor in nutrients. Magnesium is typically deficient in hypothyroidism, and the safest way to get it is by using orange juice and meats, and by using epsom salts baths; magnesium carbonate can be helpful, if the person doesn't experience side effects such as headaches or hemorrhoids.

OP
G

gummybear

Charlie said:
From here:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=544

Mary Shomon said:
What supplements do you feel are essential for most people with hypothyroidism?

Ray Peat said:
Because the quality of commercial nutritional supplements is dangerously low, the only supplement I generally advocate is vitamin E, and that should be used sparingly. Occasionally, I will suggest limited use of other supplements, but it is far safer in general to use real foods, and to exclude foods which are poor in nutrients. Magnesium is typically deficient in hypothyroidism, and the safest way to get it is by using orange juice and meats, and by using epsom salts baths; magnesium carbonate can be helpful, if the person doesn't experience side effects such as headaches or hemorrhoids.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40[/youtube]

Shocking news from charlie...but is Ray actually right here or is he just saying something top of his head? Not talking bad about him but he doesn't has it right.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
He has it right. Most vitamins are pure crap from China, thats why dangerous. Then, on top of that, it's not as simple as taking a certain vitamin to fix a certain deficiency. You could be super low on iron, but it's not the iron, it's from being low on B12, which could be from low thyroid and not having good stomach acid to process the protein to get your B12, or something to that nature. The take a pill and fix it mentality just doesn't work. Get your vitamins from food, support the thyroid, that's where it's at. REAL FOOD. Not chemical concoctions from people who don't get a flying rats a** about us, China.

You just cant imagine all the nefarious stuff that comes outta the red country. I have recently blocked the entire country of China from our server because of all the harmful things they try to do to websites and servers. Most of the hackers come from there. And the Chinese government does nothing about it. Do you really think you are going to get quality stuff from these people? NO!!!!!

:soapbox We need an "end rant" smiley.

/end rant Sorry if I upset anyone, just letting off a little steam I guess.

OP
G

gummybear

Charlie said:
He has it right. Most vitamins are pure crap from China, thats why dangerous. Then, on top of that, it's not as simple as taking a certain vitamin to fix a certain deficiency. You could be super low on iron, but it's not the iron, it's from being low on B12, which could be from low thyroid and not having good stomach acid to process the protein to get your B12, or something to that nature. The take a pill and fix it mentality just doesn't work. Get your vitamins from food, support the thyroid, that's where it's at. REAL FOOD. Not chemical concoctions from people who don't get a flying rats a** about us, China.

You just cant imagine all the nefarious stuff that comes outta the red country. I have recently blocked the entire country of China from our server because of all the harmful things they try to do to websites and servers. Most of the hackers come from there. And the Chinese government does nothing about it. Do you really think you are going to get quality stuff from these people? NO!!!!!

:soapbox We need an "end rant" smiley.

/end rant Sorry if I upset anyone, just letting off a little steam I guess.

Yeah I can kinda understand that. So most of the vitamins today on the market comes from...china? That's something new for me. Most of the vitamins I've bought has written on the label "made in the usa", but I guess the ingredients are from china then they just package it in usa? Or something like that? I guess they trick the customer by putting on a famous logo and then charging alot of money for it, when it's just some cheap stuff?

Most of the industry here is being raped and sold to china, it's just so sad the whole thing. Or they just copy the products we are producing straight off.

pete

Supplements are in a way like processed food, you rather have the unprocessed food. Absorption can be mediocre and the extra ingredients can cause trouble. Most supplements are cheap/artificial/GMO/Chinese (market pressure) as companies take some liberties when it comes to your health.

When you write to ask about their products they either "don't know"/"can't tell you", or give you the standard: "x" has been filtered and there's no trace of "y".

People that are more sensitive can quickly pick on the quality of a product.

You can get most of what you need from food (we've being doing that for millennia) and can buy "supplements" in powder form with no added ingredients. Looking at the amounts of certain nutrients in supplements you can get the wrong idea about how much you really need ...

The U.S. RDI for Magnesium was established with the understanding that this mineral was absorbed with an estimated efficiency of about 30%. For instance, the RDI for Magnesium is 400 mg. This means, under desired optimal conditions with 400 mg of Magnesium in the diet, we should absorb 120 mg. It is this amount, the 120 mg of absorbed Magnesium, that has been deemed to be the amount that is necessary to fulfill our basic metabolic needs.
Magnesium Glycinate/Oxide has approximately a 25% absorption rate.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
gummybear said:
Yeah I can kinda understand that. So most of the vitamins today on the market comes from...china? That's something new for me. Most of the vitamins I've bought has written on the label "made in the usa", but I guess the ingredients are from china then they just package it in usa? Or something like that? I guess they trick the customer by putting on a famous logo and then charging alot of money for it, when it's just some cheap stuff?
Yes, even if they say its from here, most likely the ingredients are from China.

gummybear said:
Most of the industry here is being raped and sold to china, it's just so sad the whole thing. Or they just copy the products we are producing straight off.
I was going to bring this point up in my last post but figured I better calm down! The sons of guns steal everything they can from us!

If you have the time, this video will shed a lot of light into supplementing. A must watch I would say.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcSQdxUnO8E[/youtube]

pete

The fact is that about 95% or more of the world's nutritional raw materials are manufactured in China, Japan and Korea, although some companies try to hide that fact.

Another important thing to keep in mind is that there is only one manufacturer of amino acids (our most common type of nutritional product) here in the USA and in recent years they manufactured only 3 amino acids in this country.

If you were to make the commitment to only purchase and consume non-China nutritional supplements and/or food ingredients you would likely have an extremely difficult time finding even one retail nutritional supplement that you could purchase.

There are many reasons and problems involved with this situation.

One big problem is that nutritional manufacturers and retailers here in the USA are not required to disclose on their product labels where their nutritional raw materials are manufactured.

Many nutritional manufacturers here in the USA will proudly print "Made in the USA" right on their labels but what they don't tell you is that everything EXCEPT the actual nutritional raw materials are made in the USA.
The Chinese are doing what any country would do, they are developing their manufacturing base. The US is doing exactly the opposite, giving tax incentives and bailout money for companies to move to China. The enemy is always from within, at least for big empires.