Increased Body Odor == Better Liver Function?

You can call it a constipating diet as many times as you want. Does not make it so.

The phrase, "butthurt" comes to mind.

and finally found a protein source that my body thrives on. Of all things, it's probably one of the most controversial in terms of thyroid health, and health in general. Go figure!

Very cool! Yeah I'm definitely not anti-protein either despite Morse's binary views of acidity. There was a time around the 5 week mark that I was trying to fill an accumulated void caused by daily overexertion... I was exercising with more volume and frequency than I ever had in my life... And there was a period of two days that I kept eating vegetables and bananas and it just wasn't getting mind off of food.
Finally I caved and had some sprouted mung beans with collagen. I was fearing the worst but for the first time in forever I had absolutely no gas from the meal and it fixed the 'craving' immediately. Was able to resume the raw fruit + veg, 2-3hr workout session days easily by the next morning. A small sidenote: I had a particularly putrid bowel movement that following morning that was completely out of the ordinary for the time. I chalked it up to a lack of either sulfur needed to conjugate toxins that leave by the pathway of sulfuration specifically. Could've also been a sodium deficiency, dunno.

Nowadays I find benefit in 10-15g of collagen hydrosylate, occasional rice and beans, and very limited animal flesh consumption.

I haven't tried liver in a long time because I think I overdid it about 12 months ago, but maybe it's about time to give it a go again.

Haven't had oysters in a while but historically I've never had problems with them. I haven't gone out of my way for them for a while now because I find them expensive and inconvenient for my current living situation... But I'd assume they'd be a benefactor to most anyone. According to the Ragnar Berg tables in Ehret's Mucusless Diet Healing System, they are listed as a +12 acid-binding (tending towards alkalinity), whereas, say red meat is -39 and chicken is -32 (or thereabouts). Found it peculiar anyhow.

But yeah, at this point I think protein definitely has a special place for thyroid and liver health together... But it's easily overdone and not efficiently used by so many of us who are suffering from deep states of lymphatic congestion. I believe these same people stand to benefit by abstaining from protein for a time to - and I'm spitballing here - allow nitrogen reserves to 'level-out' so-to-speak after years of daily excess.

Markus

Black walnut hull, wormwood and clove in appreciable doses covers just about everything.

If they're in capsules, I find it more effective to break the capsule and swallow the dried herb directly. Not exactly a dessert taste, but such is the nature of antiparasitics.

Oil of oregano and garlic have both given people a lot of therapeutic effect, but I'm less inclined towards these because I find them quite harsh. With that said, if you were dead set on obliterating any potential problems with a minor risk of killing some good stuff too, definitely add them in for a harder punch.

Eating a handful of black walnuts in the morning and around a quarter cup of raw pumpkin seeds in the middle of the day, preferably on an empty stomach, goes a long way too.

Refraining from combining protein and starch at the same meal will dramatically reduce potential fermentation. On top of this, raw vegetables have minor antiparasitic properties and fruits will only contribute to a problem of fermentation if they are paired with any other slower digesting food.

Taking activated charcoal before bed, preferably on an empty stomach, will further help facilitate removal of gut disturbances, particularly any die-off that doesn't readily attach to soluble fiber.

Cooked sulfurous foods (beans, Brussels sprout, cabbage, broccoli, etc) tends to contribute to candida problems... Not sure about other fungal issues, but if trying to purge pathogens I'd wager they're best avoided for the time being.

Garlic and/or salt & lemon enemas or just seeing a colonic hydrotherapist goes a long way in a short amount of time towards purging pathogens.

Ginger, turmeric, goldenseal, and cayenne are also useful in a broad way and I've only experienced therapeutic benefit from taking these herbs. A pinch of cayenne in particular can help herbal delivery of whatever it is paired with.

Lastly... Sip water consistently. All day if possible. Herbs, food, and eliminative processes are all quite dehydrating. I made that mistake for a couple of weeks, wondering why I was feeling worse while continuing to do everything that worked... Turns out I wasn't drinking enough water! Things picked right up when I bothered to hydrate with more diligence.
Thank you for an extensive reply! Most of it is what I've done in the past, but I might need to revisist some of the protocols to really clear some residual nagging issues.

InChristAlone

I have the absolute worst BO if I'm running on cortisol and adrenaline. Coffee is a good way to get there for me. Sweating without even being hot. I quit the darn stuff and finally my BO is way less again. I combine all sorts of foods together. Food combining is for the weakest people. The strongest can combine any and every food and do well. Also the longer you avoided food (say veganism or even low fiber diets) or the longer you did food combining the harder it is to ever get back to strong digestion. I avoided fiber and now can't even eat nuts. I can eat beans again though. Just not too many days in a row, that seems to back me up and cause panic attacks.

Jennifer

Very cool! Yeah I'm definitely not anti-protein either despite Morse's binary views of acidity. There was a time around the 5 week mark that I was trying to fill an accumulated void caused by daily overexertion... I was exercising with more volume and frequency than I ever had in my life... And there was a period of two days that I kept eating vegetables and bananas and it just wasn't getting mind off of food.
Finally I caved and had some sprouted mung beans with collagen. I was fearing the worst but for the first time in forever I had absolutely no gas from the meal and it fixed the 'craving' immediately. Was able to resume the raw fruit + veg, 2-3hr workout session days easily by the next morning. A small sidenote: I had a particularly putrid bowel movement that following morning that was completely out of the ordinary for the time. I chalked it up to a lack of either sulfur needed to conjugate toxins that leave by the pathway of sulfuration specifically. Could've also been a sodium deficiency, dunno.

Nowadays I find benefit in 10-15g of collagen hydrosylate, occasional rice and beans, and very limited animal flesh consumption.

I haven't tried liver in a long time because I think I overdid it about 12 months ago, but maybe it's about time to give it a go again.

Haven't had oysters in a while but historically I've never had problems with them. I haven't gone out of my way for them for a while now because I find them expensive and inconvenient for my current living situation... But I'd assume they'd be a benefactor to most anyone. According to the Ragnar Berg tables in Ehret's Mucusless Diet Healing System, they are listed as a +12 acid-binding (tending towards alkalinity), whereas, say red meat is -39 and chicken is -32 (or thereabouts). Found it peculiar anyhow.

But yeah, at this point I think protein definitely has a special place for thyroid and liver health together... But it's easily overdone and not efficiently used by so many of us who are suffering from deep states of lymphatic congestion. I believe these same people stand to benefit by abstaining from protein for a time to - and I'm spitballing here - allow nitrogen reserves to 'level-out' so-to-speak after years of daily excess.
Were you exercising with more volume and frequency due to a surge in energy or? I had so much energy on the diet but sometimes too much, which is one reason why I needed more protein. I get a grounding effect from it, if that makes sense? Too much and I feel drained and emotionally numb, but only with protein from meat, not the bean curd. I suspect it has to do with density and my weaker digestion more than anything. I've always tolerated lighter foods best, even as a child. My preferred meat was always shellfish, but even then I went for plants first. The majority of my calories come from fresh pressed juice (at least 4 liters daily), medjool dates (wet pack) and/or ripe melon, the bean curd and the rest mainly from young coconut meat, coconut water and broths made from a variety of mushrooms, herbs/spices and sea salt...so pretty light. Before dropping the animal protein, I was up to 2 1/2 grains of thyroid (NDT) and I'm now down to just half a grain so I'm hoping I won't need it much longer.

I felt benefits from collagen, too. When my gut was at its worst, the only thing that didn't cause severe gut pain was marine peptides in coconut water. Good stuff!

Yeah, if you like liver, I think it's worth trying, for sure. And I agree! Assuming a person tolerates and likes oysters/shellfish, I think they can benefit from them as they are a great source of nutrition and local, sustainably managed and harvested seafood is also one of the most environmentally friendly sources of protein. That's one of the main reasons why I wanted shellfish to work, but the bean curd I get is made locally by hand from locally grown beans so...

Yeah, I found the Ragnar Berg tables intriguing but honestly, coming from having followed RBTI, which had its own acid/base findings, following it would have only complicated things for me and led me astray from my intuition and reading my body, something I've had to work hard at, especially since getting hurt. I'm my healthiest when I keep things simple and have freedom, less structure, but I can understand others thriving on the opposite.

Last edited:

lampofred

I think at least some kinds of BO are due to increased PUFA peroxidation.

Jennifer

I have the absolute worst BO if I'm running on cortisol and adrenaline. Coffee is a good way to get there for me. Sweating without even being hot. I quit the darn stuff and finally my BO is way less again. I combine all sorts of foods together. Food combining is for the weakest people. The strongest can combine any and every food and do well. Also the longer you avoided food (say veganism or even low fiber diets) or the longer you did food combining the harder it is to ever get back to strong digestion. I avoided fiber and now can't even eat nuts. I can eat beans again though. Just not too many days in a row, that seems to back me up and cause panic attacks.
Huh, interesting. Someone else mentioned getting BO from coffee.

It would seem like the strongest could combine any and every food and do well but by what standard of health? If a person eating anything and everything gets something often considered normal like some gas but otherwise feels great, is that considered doing well? Also, people who can seemingly eat anything and everything are like everyone else in that they have personal preferences so are they really eating anything and everything and how do we know that their food choices aren't actually dictated by their bodies' needs just like those who feel best on a plant based diet, a carnivore diet, low starch, fiber, A, oxalate, histamine etc. diets?

I do think I was spoiled with fruitarianism and it became my new standard, but I've always loved fruit best so following the diet came natural to me, anyway. I could eat more variety than I do but besides eating only foods I genuinely enjoy, that happen to be my favorite foods, I eat what gives me the same level of health I had while fruitarian and even something considered normal like occasional gas, having at least some odor to stools or the body, or even needing to wipe after BMs, were non-existent while fruitarian. I suppose if I felt like I was having to forgo foods I enjoyed then I would lower my standards but I love my diet.

If I had to go back to a carnivore, an all milk or WAPF diet then it would be a struggle for sure because I never liked the taste or even the smell of animal fat, especially poultry fat, marrow, bone broth, organs, even the smell of cooking butter, bacon, and eating meat off the bone gags me, I'm not a fan of milk and dislike most cheeses. I come from a French Canadian and Amerindian family, have a mother and grandmother who cooked from scratch using these foods so I was surrounded by them growing up yet never developed a taste for them. Aside from my passion for herbs and maple syrup, I'm about as black a sheep as they come. lol

I have the absolute worst BO if I'm running on cortisol and adrenaline. Coffee is a good way to get there for me. Sweating without even being hot. I quit the darn stuff and finally my BO is way less again. I combine all sorts of foods together. Food combining is for the weakest people. The strongest can combine any and every food and do well.

I'll also get a dose of BO after the first mouthful of coffee IF I consumed meat, beans, or rice up to 48 hours prior to the coffee. Perhaps it is due to a stress response, but it doesn't happen if my diet has been consistently raw fruit + veg.

In Bernard Jensen's book on bowel care, he mentions the same thing... That some people can combine anything but those who are especially weak should be mindful of it.

I've personally been on both ends of the spectrum... Until I was 22~ I would trash myself on all-you-can-eat buffets, energy drinks, processed flours, eat big meals before bed, drank very little water and I was still a functioning citizen, though that hit a point of rapid decline and at this point food combination makes a sizeable difference. I'm under the impression that everyone would benefit the same from appropriate food combination so as to prevent fermentation... And that those who have a great digestive furnace would need less time in between food choices to finish digestion completely... Whereas in the "weakened" person, they need more time between meals but nonetheless the principles follow suite with the organism being the homo sapien.

Were you exercising with more volume and frequency due to a surge in energy or? I had so much energy on the diet but sometimes too much, which is one reason why I needed more protein. I get a grounding effect from it, if that makes sense? Too much and I feel drained and emotionally numb, but only with protein from meat, not the bean curd.

I was just exercising for the sake of exercising as I had been regardless of dietary choices... It just so happens that when eating only raw fruits + vegetables, moderate intensity lifting for high rep sets felt best. The sensation of mind-muscle connection was especially gratifying. Maintaining nose breathing lessened time between sets considerably... And strangely enough I had virtually no onset muscle soreness the following day. However I didn't gain much mass either, so there's that. Pretty much stayed lean with a nice cerebral boost.

I think I know where you're coming from when you say, "grounding." I likened it to a halting of detox sensations... And a spiritual part of me is under the impression that there is a moving, perhaps a progression, of consciousness during the times of groundlessness... And the emotional drain/numbness you mention is the readily experienced consciousness of the flesh recently consumed as it is exuded from the inside out. By demand, we must become less of ourselves while we utilize that consciousness of another.

Not to say that beans aren't conscious in their own right, but they are certainly dormant compared to a living protein/flesh. Seems that beans are more like a speedbump where meat is a detour.

Jennifer

I was just exercising for the sake of exercising as I had been regardless of dietary choices... It just so happens that when eating only raw fruits + vegetables, moderate intensity lifting for high rep sets felt best. The sensation of mind-muscle connection was especially gratifying. Maintaining nose breathing lessened time between sets considerably... And strangely enough I had virtually no onset muscle soreness the following day. However I didn't gain much mass either, so there's that. Pretty much stayed lean with a nice cerebral boost.

I think I know where you're coming from when you say, "grounding." I likened it to a halting of detox sensations... And a spiritual part of me is under the impression that there is a moving, perhaps a progression, of consciousness during the times of groundlessness... And the emotional drain/numbness you mention is the readily experienced consciousness of the flesh recently consumed as it is exuded from the inside out. By demand, we must become less of ourselves while we utilize that consciousness of another.

Not to say that beans aren't conscious in their own right, but they are certainly dormant compared to a living protein/flesh. Seems that beans are more like a speedbump where meat is a detour.
Gotcha. That makes sense and is similar to other people's experiences I've come across and my own, especially the lack of muscle soreness the following day. I don't lift but have an old back injury and practice dance, and eating this way I'm free from pain and soreness most days but not with animal protein in my diet. I was doing okay for a while after reintroducing the AP, but eventually it was causing the same intense pain I had prior to fruitarianism.

That's a really interesting perspective on the numbness and consciousness. I originally thought it was due to meat lowering my stress hormones and relaxing me since no matter how well my thyroid and adrenals are functioning, I'm greatly affected by external influences -- I'm highly sensitive to energies -- until I started having daily adrenaline attacks and syncope episodes that put me in the hospital. Then I questioned if it was psychosomatic because I never truly felt okay with having to eat animals again, but I don't have numbness with the NDT/pig thyroid. I've heard from other sensitive people that they react negatively to meat, from the animals' fear at slaughter. I thought maybe they meant they were reacting to the hormones and metabolic byproducts, like lactic acid, stored in the tissues from stress since I believe even plants have consciousness and produce their own chemicals in defense, but maybe you're right about the level of consciousness. All I know for sure is, if I eat a certain way I feel great and when I don't, I feel terrible.

Last edited:

baccheion

Hmm.. I wonder what would happen on a plant diet if they were consumed raw (the ones that can be) after running through a (cold-press) juicer? Further, there'd be supplementation with cellulase (, phytase, etc).

Many seeds, nuts, legumes, beans, fruits, vegetables, etc retain self-digesting enzymes when fresh and unheated. Digestion should technically not be as problematic. Sprouting also tends to increase nutrient levels and lower anti/storage nutrients.

For example, grapes and olives were the first fruits to be domesticated. Lentils and lettuce among vegetables. Sprouted lentils can be eaten raw (and run through a (cold-press) juicer if too much volume/chewing).

T

TheBeard

Yeah. I went on a raw fruit & vegetable diet while taking a boatload of herbs for about 8 weeks. 85% of my calories were fruit, 12% from salad, and 3% from the disaccharides in coffee-- My only cheat was coffee every 2nd or 3rd day with a syrup, honey, or coconut sugar added. A
a
massive intestinal purge was over, my bowel movements became no-wipe and effortless and didn't smell bad. My sense of smell improved and I didn't have any body odor or foul breath.

I added in rice and beans as the first cooked food... Still didn't eat it everyday. About a week after that I added meat in.

By the end of the first day I added meat again, my bowel movements smelled awful. By the 3rd day my body odor was back, 5th day my breath smelled bad randomly for seemingly no reason, and by the 7th day I lost an acquired ability to smell + feel when people had protein & starch for lunch.

It's been over a month since then and I'm still eating cooked food once per day... But my health has dramatically improved regardless.

Basically... Eat only raw fruit + veg, clean the colon and you'll start to smell pleasant instead of... Whatever people tend to smell like. The putrefaction of meat is a very real dilemma.

That's because all this fiber will mix with the meat and make it digest longer than it would usually take.
When I eat raw meat and nothing else my digestion is superb, no fart, no bloat, no smell.

Jennifer

Hmm.. I wonder what would happen on a plant diet if they were consumed raw (the ones that can be) after running through a (cold-press) juicer? Further, there'd be supplementation with cellulase (, phytase, etc).

Many seeds, nuts, legumes, beans, fruits, vegetables, etc retain self-digesting enzymes when fresh and unheated. Digestion should technically not be as problematic. Sprouting also tends to increase nutrient levels and lower anti/storage nutrients.

For example, grapes and olives were the first fruits to be domesticated. Lentils and lettuce among vegetables. Sprouted lentils can be eaten raw (and run through a (cold-press) juicer if too much volume/chewing).
You mean consuming all the plants as raw juice?

milkboi

Doing a low fiber (combined with antibiotics) for a few months now allows me to eat anything without digestive upset. Also I now benefit from some soluble fiber, whereas before it just f’ed me.

Jennifer

Raw, yes. Cold-press juicing is mainly to be able to get down large quantities at once and quickly.
Gotcha. It would be an interesting experiment, though, I wonder if it would leave a person feeling hungry. I've done all raw fruit juice and coconut water for days out of desperation, but never juiced sprouts. I had lots of mental clarity and optimism, but felt hungry almost the entire time. Maybe the protein from the sprouts would have prevented that. Except for the hunger, I feel the same on my current diet as I did on juice likely because the majority of it is made up of liquids and the fiberless bean curd so everything digests and moves through me quickly and easily.

Hairfedup

OP could literally just carry the EDAR variant gene responsible for odorless sweat and dry earwax.

Jennifer

OP could literally just carry the EDAR variant gene responsible for odorless sweat and dry earwax.
Sorry if this reads ignorant, but a person with the gene can still have BO? Or it gets expressed based on diet/environment(?)...because the OP mentioned having BO only since Peating.

Hairfedup

Sorry if this reads ignorant, but a person with the gene can still have BO? Or it gets expressed based on diet/environment(?)...because the OP mentioned having BO only since Peating.

Yeah I believe so, an unwashed body will smell regardless - sweat is just odorless. That's why deodorant brands struggle to market to East Asia, as significant majority hold the EDAR gene variant. Almost always accompanied with dry earwax.

Jennifer

Yeah I believe so, an unwashed body will smell regardless - sweat is just odorless. That's why deodorant brands struggle to market to East Asia, as significant majority hold the EDAR gene variant. Almost always accompanied with dry earwax.
I see. Thanks for explaining. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals