Increased Bile acid output with light exercise - interesting study / article

cs3000

Effect of physical exercise on bile and red blood cell lipids in humans

equivalent to walking one hour at 5.5 km/h

The sequence of control day (C) and exercise day (E) was randomly assigned. Compared with C, in the first 30 min of exercise the bile acid output (BA) and the cholesterol output (CH) significantly increased. BA: 242 ± 74 (C), 2,204 ± 913 (E), P < 0.05. CH: 19 ± 6 (C), 124 ± 48 (E), P < 0.05 (all values in μmol/30 min). This increase in bile acid output and in cholesterol output is probably caused primarily by a rise in BA and CH concentration in the bile

Exercise required to promote changes in bile cholesterol, bile acids and peripheral cell lipids need not be strenuous. It probably acts by promoting the transport of lipids from the peripheral cells into the liver and by increasing hepatic secretion of bile. Exercise may be an important factor affecting the bile composition

so a 10 fold increase in bile acid output from 30 minutes of walking at 5.5 km/h. which makes sense from a human history perspective -> walking scavenging for berries or hunting = prep for digestion,

Last edited:
OP
cs3000

cs3000

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That’s really interesting. Maybe we should be walking before meals?
It reminds me of an older health book I read (written in the late 1800’s) and one thing the doctor advised his patients to do was to walk for 30 minutes first thing in the morning before breakfast.

OP
cs3000

cs3000

That’s really interesting. Maybe we should be walking before meals?
It reminds me of an older health book I read (written in the late 1800’s) and one thing the doctor advised his patients to do was to walk for 30 minutes first thing in the morning before breakfast.

yeah sounds like a good idea especially for people with low bile issues. if i'm calculating it right that's about 800mg of bile acids secreted which sounds like a pretty significant amount gained with a walk (total bile acid pool size in body ~4g), and likely coming from the liver so ?it's fresh synthesis?

light movement, or a meal -> liver secretion of bile acids made from cholesterol -> taurine adds a property to the bile acids which allows for fat absorption -> fats absorption fat soluble vitamin absorption gut health etc -> (if functioning right) re-absorption of bile acids in the ileum

Last edited:
OP
cs3000

cs3000

what about 4.3mph? Thats my average pace
probably lol , not sure about intense exercise tho brief look it seemed to vary. walk / fast walk looks good

Blossom

Forum Supporter
A337BF47-B842-4E92-85CC-7F968162BA32.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals