Increase Fungus From Chocolate Use. Can You Think Of A Cause?

It seems odd to me it would happen, but it did. I notice my tongue got the fungal tongue problem where it moves from a nice red to a different color and I noticed I had a flare up on my skin from using chocolate.

I can think of it is either an allergic reaction or possibly it is an increased need for vitamin A due to the big magnesium content and maybe turning on metabolism.

I think I have a magnesium deficiency as well going into this if it makes a difference.

Any ideas for the reason? I can't think of any.

Richiebogie

How much chocolate did you have? Was it dark chocolate or milk?

I have found that if I eat more than 50g of 75% chocolate for a few days with my high fruit diet I get bleeding gums! I also get this if I eat large amounts of beef or lamb or eggs. I assume this is due to chocolate's high non-heme iron content. Maybe drinking more tea and coffee would block this!

Chocolate is also supposed to be high in oxalate, so maybe it provides magnesium but draws down our calcium stores. Do you eat much dairy or eat oranges?

OP
mayweatherking
it's dark. i think it was an allergic reaction to the brand. i got a different brand and reacted better.

Lilac

I had a couple of incidents with chocolate lately. (Or more precisely: I think the problem was chocolate.) I had never noticed this pattern with chocolate before.

I ate some chocolate chips containing soy lecithin and got a headache afterward. I made a mental note to watch for this the next time I ate chocolate. I then bought some organic dark chocolate, no soy. I was craving chocolate and ate some of it, and I got a moderate headache afterward. The next day, I was still craving chocolate, so I ate some more. What followed seemed like a big, toxic reaction in the gut. I can't remember now if the headache continued, but there was constipation and an overall feeling of being slightly poisoned. I threw everything at it--progesterone, charcoal, and cascara--but it took several days to clear. I haven't been brave enough to try chocolate in bar form since.

The only insight I have into this is that the brand that felled me was one that I have never enjoyed eating all that much. So much for organic and no-soy and "very dark"! In the past ten years or so, though, I have often gotten a blood blister on my tongue when eating chocolate. I think that involves some combination of the food itself and the action of the tongue having to scrape the melted chocolate off the teeth.

xiaohua

I have had some weird experiences with chocolate. I once binged on these ultra-dark Belgian chocolate truffles at Christmas, which made me feel extremely spaced out and intoxicated for 2 days afterwards. I also tried raw chocolate before it became trendy (hipster alert) and ended up in bed with chills and extreme nausea. I don't know what that was about. The obsession with dark chocolate being super-healthy is a fallacy IMO, I find milk and sugar to be protective against the harmful effects of cocoa.

It can also contain mold toxins...

Richiebogie

Yes @mayweatherking, you will need to eat about 8 bananas to get a decent percentage of your daily magnesium. You can get the rest from other foods.

Ewelina

According to some sources dark chocolate or cocoa powder is high in histamine, oxalic acid and fiber. It also increases NO. Not so good after all.

michael94

According to some sources dark chocolate or cocoa powder is high in histamine, oxalic acid and fiber. It also increases NO. Not so good after all.
Dark chocolate only became popular as it is because "they say it's better for you." Doesn't necessarily mean cacao is bad... just that a lot of bitter substances tend to be very harsh ( including coffee ) when not taken with saturated fat and some carb that easily supplies liver glycogen like cane sugar, fruit, xylitol, etc. It's almost common sense that bitter goes with sweet and rich. They are covering each others' weaknesses. Very synergistic. Now in some instances liver glycogen and leptin are so high ( oversimplifying ) that something like black coffee would be preferable so one has to go by their tastebuds.

Another example for me is peanuts. I have no desire for 99% of peanut products, but peanut butter/chocolate ice cream is amazing ( my opinion ). I craved it in the past when I had severe ( but not life threatening ) liver congestion. What that tells me is the peanuts would have done harm on their own but when taken with ( a lot ) of saturated fat/sugar that they became a net gain. I won't speculate on the specifics nor do I really care.

Last edited:

Ewelina

I can take dark chocolate with massive amounts of sugar and SF but it still poisons me inside out. Bizarrely, I like it and I would eat it if I could.

Birdie

I remember Ray's saying milk chocolate is safer than dark. Modulates the effect I guess. The problem is that all the milk chocolate I find has junk like soy in it.
Maybe having the a small amount of dark with milk would solve it.

Glad this came up because I'd just gotten some dark chocolate bars for my husband.
He doesn't drink milk but could have it with cheese or with ice cream might be good. Somebody here was saying how chocolate, I assume milk chocolate, keeps him regular.

But, @Such_Saturation mentions mold toxins. A concern... This could be a problem since my husband has symptoms of that already. Something to think about. Maybe he was better without chocolate for now....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals