Increase Bile Production?

Antonello

And I don't tolerate cacao :/

I hate all these food intolerances so much
I don't tolerate dark chocolate but a 60% milk chocolate works and doesn't gives me all the anxiety/breathless/jitery feeling pure chocolare brings.

ddjd

Hey everyone,

Any suggestions for increasing bile? I have started on taurine, just wondering if there is anything else I could be doing to help with this.

Cheers!

*edit: my preference is to promote bile production via food rather than supplementation.
TUDCA?

Artichoke leaf extract increases bile production.

Ox bile down regulates your natural production so I would avoid.

Inaut

anything bitter will do (artichoke leaf included). It stimulates the vagus nerve which tells the body it needs more bile.....

Melk

anything bitter will do (artichoke leaf included). It stimulates the vagus nerve which tells the body it needs more bile.....
That's an interesting point. I've heard plenty of conjecture about whether ACV is good bad or neutral/placebo, but one odd strange and consistent thing i noticed with it is that when taken as an undiluted shot (1 oz or so), it did give me a strange and unique sensation all up and down my oesophagus/stomach area. I don't know how to describe it, electric and intense but not like a burning or anything like that. Just a big jolt of feeling. Iirc it would make me salivate a lot as well. So I'll take that as vagal stimulation, maybe I'll have to go back to experimenting with it.

I think there's an element of autoregulation to it. Like at no point would I say I enjoyed taking a shot of vinegar, but repeated exposure turns it into something that the smell of the which is so nauseating I just can't. Versus unpleasant but doable. I find liver to be the same way, that if I were to try to eat more than ~4oz/120g in a sitting, I get a hard 'nope' from somewhere inside me and I just have to stop.

Good thread, thanks for the insight guys. Tim Berzins' video put me on to the topic, sounds like an interesting thing to try. I can see how taking the ox bile medium/long term could be a problem, but at the same time taken for a short time, if it helps, then I at least know it's a productive area. And I have lowish cholesterol, so it would fit.

ddjd

Guys I have a slightly similar problem.

I'm pretty sure that I'm not converting my cholesterol to bile.

Shl0Q-0o6_MQya0msnqWFcZC2Yv7JPjosAeAnz804rkVKvB-7fQtVb3RD-ibdPhUsDI1iIdtP85j39jqwiZK40NVRYfE9BgQYsfYF0zvAcvCbLOfakKL_8TlyUJLOSYx9s1V3tzq3o1IlgPKK-F5e0v-8CI6wJ5COL418DTvZglDRCoAgsc-0vmjJIkw3w

Could I maybe have a problem with this enzyme in screen shot above??

I know from my blood work that my cholesterol is always through the roof, for years I have pretty bad gallbladder/bile issues so surely I'm just not converting my cholesterol to bile right??

I've tried taurine and glycine in the past, didn't seem to increase conversion from cholesterol to bile though.

ACV does help but gives me so many high nitric oxide symptoms- terrible headaches, getting ill easily etc.
Similar issues with malic acid.

Lemon juice is helpful but not a long term fix.

I'm going to try the artichoke extract.

But does anyone know of any other ways to upregulate this CYP7A1/27AI enzyme as seen above.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals