Increase Bile Production?

A. squamosa

Hey everyone,

Any suggestions for increasing bile? I have started on taurine, just wondering if there is anything else I could be doing to help with this.

Cheers!

*edit: my preference is to promote bile production via food rather than supplementation.

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

Because I don't have enough so I can digest things properly - I had my gall-bladder checked and it has no stones or sludge or anything, so it's gotta be my poor old liver.

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

I'm sure eating a cow gall-bladder would be disgusting but I could probably swallow it down - I'm good at eating stuff I find disgusting and keeping it down. Do you think that would be beneficial or overkill?

OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

apparently cattle gallstones are a thing in Chinese traditional medicine - might be interesting to check out - has anyone ever used this?

B-styles

Anything bitter with stimulate bile production. Dandelion leaf and root, burdock and gentian.

I know bile acids are made with either glycine or taurine, but I'm not sure if adding glycine will increase output. The same with taurine, is there a study showing taurine actually increases it? The only study I found shows that adding taurine will increase the ratio of taurine in the output of the bile, but adding glycine does not change the ratio. Either way, gelatin has a lot of glycine in it and ray talks a lot about how good gelatin is, so it won't hurt to add gelatin to your diet to get glycine.

Bile acids
are steroid acids found predominantly in the bile of mammals and other vertebrates. Different molecular forms of bile acids can be synthesized in the liver by different species.[1] Bile acids are conjugated with taurine or glycine in the liver, and the sodium and potassium salts of these conjugated bile acids are called bile salts.[2][3][4]

Bile acid - Wikipedia

Summary. Taurine and glycine were given to human subjects and the bile acids studied. Taurine (0.5 g x 3 daily) markedly increased the proportion of taurine conjugated bile acids. whereas glycine (7 g x 3 daily) did not change the bile acid pattern of the normal subject. The findings have been discussed in relation to conjugation of bile acids under normal and pathological conditions.
Загрузка статьи

Motif

Same here. My fat digestion is really bad.
Only thing that helps is ox bile.

I can't tolerate taurine

Stilgar

What about erythromycin? It might not increase bile but it stimulates digestion in a similar way.

squanch

Anything bitter with stimulate bile production. Dandelion leaf and root, burdock and gentian.
This.
There are a lot of different herbal bitters available that have been traditionally used to help with digestion of fatty foods.

Mossy

I believe apple cider vinegar promotes a well functioning gall bladder; I don't know that it promotes bile. I do know that if I have a meal with large amounts of fat, and I have what I understand to be symptoms of a gallbladder insufficient to deal with the fat, ACV helps.

sunraiser

Eat sufficient fat (including saturated). Eating low fat will **** with your bile production. Cholesterol is also essential for bile production.

From memory taurine and glycine are produced from B6. B6 needs zinc and B2 for phosphoration in the liver. B vits must be balanced... zinc must be balanced with Na and Ca and Mg and K.

....the cascade continues! You can’t hope to balance with supplements. Stick to maybe only a mag supplement, ensure you have a good balance of vits and minerals from foods and eat the ones you crave.

If you have good adrenal health and glycogen storage (you likely don’t have good storage if your liver is congested) then 12 hours between dinner and breakfast can help support your liver, as can occasional fasting. Fasting is for healthy people though so probably not one to consider right now.

Also morning light in your eyes without fail every morning (30mins), outdoors, as early as possible. If you can look at dawn sun a little directly now and then that’s useful. This will help with sodium and therefore magnesium retention via cortisol production, helping the lovely but infinitely complex balance, as above!

Walking will also help. Every day just enough so it feels relaxing or even good but not too tiring. This will help digestion and lower the burden on your liver.

Last edited:
OP
A. squamosa

A. squamosa

Wow thanks everyone!

I've incorporated taurine and glycine (I use gelatin so glycine is a given), and I am using white vinegar with baking soda at the moment as a precaution in case I have SIBO (though I'm not certain I do have it) - is white vinegar and ACV much the same in terms of helping the gall bladder?

I've been having chicken liver once a week, and I have eggs, butter and milk every day - so I feel as though I must be consuming adequate B vitamins (although whether I'm actually absorbing them is another thing).

Seems like ox bile is something to look into - now to find an ox bile supplement without any of the gross additives that so many supplements have.

Mossy

...is white vinegar and ACV much the same in terms of helping the gall bladder?
It would seem they're similar, if this information is accurate:

Apple cider vinegar is slightly higher in vitamins and minerals than distilled vinegar, but for this to make a real nutritional difference you'd have to be using vinegar in large amounts. A tablespoon of either vinegar has about 3 calories and won't provide you with any essential vitamin in significant amounts.​

fradon

Hey everyone,

Any suggestions for increasing bile? I have started on taurine, just wondering if there is anything else I could be doing to help with this.

Cheers!

*edit: my preference is to promote bile production via food rather than supplementation.

lemon water and coffee

also i think saturated fat triggers bile so butter or lard can trigger bile production.

you also need healthy stomach acid and protein in your meal to trigger the stomach acid.

Motif

And I don't tolerate cacao :/

I hate all these food intolerances so much

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals