Income idea for anyone who's lost or may lose their job

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

@OccamzRazer could you show me how one of these assignments looks like? i thought about doing that kind of work in the past. i spent some time finding out where my strenghts / edge lies, and journalistic / copywriting / marketing seems to be where i would fit the most.
but my grammar sucks, i need to work on that.
Sure! I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

Rafe

@OccamzRazer @Vileplume
I will be on unpaid administrative leave after Dec 8th.

I didn’t ask you for a sample assignment before today b/c I won’t be ready to focus on full-time writing for another 4 - 6 wks.

I’m still interested.

Between now & Dec 8th I’ve got to line up insurance, move out of my office, write exams, & continue to give lectures as if nothing weird is happening.

I’m making plans. It’s really good.

Can you DM me a sample assignment?

Lollipop2

@OccamzRazer @Vileplume
I will be on unpaid administrative leave after Dec 8th.

I didn’t ask you for a sample assignment before today b/c I won’t be ready to focus on full-time writing for another 4 - 6 wks.

I’m still interested.

Between now & Dec 8th I’ve got to line up insurance, move out of my office, write exams, & continue to give lectures as if nothing weird is happening.

I’m making plans. It’s really good.

Can you DM me a sample assignment?
Hey @Rafe come to Texas and join this startup University:

aniciete

Rafe

JamesGatz

Another thing I have been taking up after speaking with another member on the forum who was doing something similar is just creating artwork - the other member had his own shop but I am not as talented in this field so I've just been making regular art for those print on demand shops - surprisingly it's been going well - if you have a good niche and consider yourself a creative person especially - people will spend money on your stuff - and the best part is if you just work hard for a few months to 1 year and just put out a few thousand good artworks eventually they'll just sell themselves and you can take long breaks doing nothing and just collect paychecks

I don't plan on working a 9-5 job ever again for the rest of my life so just going to continue growing this - there's no start-up cost really all you need is a laptop - I got banned from amazon merch when I first started because the stuff I was putting out wasn't that good but now I've gotten a lot better

Vileplume

Another thing I have been taking up after speaking with another member on the forum who was doing something similar is just creating artwork - the other member had his own shop but I am not as talented in this field so I've just been making regular art for those print on demand shops - surprisingly it's been going well - if you have a good niche and consider yourself a creative person especially - people will spend money on your stuff - and the best part is if you just work hard for a few months to 1 year and just put out a few thousand good artworks eventually they'll just sell themselves and you can take long breaks doing nothing and just collect paychecks

I don't plan on working a 9-5 job ever again for the rest of my life so just going to continue growing this - there's no start-up cost really all you need is a laptop - I got banned from amazon merch when I first started because the stuff I was putting out wasn't that good but now I've gotten a lot better
Great suggestion. And I agree — I don’t plan on going back to a 9-5 again. Since quitting my old job and working from home, my stress levels are so much lower. Long-term, I think this lifestyle will have huge benefits on health.

JamesGatz

Great suggestion. And I agree — I don’t plan on going back to a 9-5 again. Since quitting my old job and working from home, my stress levels are so much lower. Long-term, I think this lifestyle will have huge benefits on health.
I definitely feel the same - my old jobs I had thought at the time I was very low stress because I was coaching sports or teaching with kids and just making jokes all day and wasn't taking my job serious at all - once I started working from home I became on another level of low-stress and it feels great to just only leave my house to meet people and buy groceries - the only thing I miss is the social environment - I felt so at-ease joking/talking with teens/kids because in a good way they are oblivious to the issues of the real world - they would tell me their biggest problem and it would be like some boyfriend/girlfriend stuff - I would just be like man I miss the days where this was my biggest problem

Vileplume

I definitely feel the same - my old jobs I had thought at the time I was very low stress because I was coaching sports or teaching with kids and just making jokes all day and wasn't taking my job serious at all - once I started working from home I became on another level of low-stress and it feels great to just only leave my house to meet people and buy groceries - the only thing I miss is the social environment - I felt so at-ease joking/talking with teens/kids because in a good way they are oblivious to the issues of the real world - they would tell me their biggest problem and it would be like some boyfriend/girlfriend stuff - I would just be like man I miss the days where this was my biggest problem
Jobs with high responsibility, like teaching or coaching, especially when you’re responsible for a large group of people for the whole workday, can be sneakily draining. I remember reading about “decision fatigue,” where the people who have to make somewhat critical decisions all day get more tired just from having to make those decisions. I definitely felt decision fatigue as a teacher, and since it’s a high degree of responsibility, stress comes from the inevitable voice always wondering if each decision was the right one. Then, you have to remain balanced even when students show you that they disagree with your decision.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Here's an income idea for those who don't want to be on their computer all day: flipping stuff.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnuIID_EIvk

You can flip anything, but of course it's probably best to flip items you have some familiarity with.

If flipping is your 2nd job or side gig, just set all the money you make from it aside and see how much you can grow it! Kinda fun.

K

Kayaker

Jobs with high responsibility, like teaching or coaching, especially when you’re responsible for a large group of people for the whole workday, can be sneakily draining. I remember reading about “decision fatigue,” where the people who have to make somewhat critical decisions all day get more tired just from having to make those decisions. I definitely felt decision fatigue as a teacher, and since it’s a high degree of responsibility, stress comes from the inevitable voice always wondering if each decision was the right one. Then, you have to remain balanced even when students show you that they disagree with your decision.
Do you want to teach or coach a subject outside of the education system?

Vileplume

Do you want to teach or coach a subject outside of the education system?
I would like to, but the structure and tone of the environment are really important. Most modern day educational structures are authoritative, based on rules, grades, regulation, norms, standards. Since there’s so much dysfunction in the average home, there’s dysfunction in large groups, so the authority and rules are necessary to maintain order and safety.

But an educational environment will serve learners best when meaning, choice, things like writing and experimentation can drive the learning experience. But this requires a lot of trust from teacher or mentor toward learner, so whoever creates the environment needs to be mindful that it’s a nurturing, supportive, free, non-authoritative environment. But then, what happens in such an environment if a learner breaks the rules and damages the environment or learning experience for others? I’m not sure.

Last edited:
K

Kayaker

I would like to, but the structure and tone of the environment are really important. Most modern day educational structures are authoritative, based on rules, grades, regulation, norms, standards. Since there’s so much dysfunction in the average home, there’s dysfunction in large groups, so the authority and rules are necessary to maintain order and safety.

But an educational environment will serve learners best when meaning, choice, things like writing and experimentation can drive the learning experience. But this requires a lot of trust from teacher or mentor toward learner, so whoever creates the environment needs to be mindful that it’s a nurturing, supportive, free, non-authoritative environment. But then, what happens in such an environment if a learner breaks the rules and damages the environment or learning experience for others? I’m not sure.
I meant teaching something independently.

Teachers in education systems have quotas they have to meet and materials they're given. But if someone independently seeks guidance, what's there to damage?

Vileplume

I meant teaching something independently.

Teachers in education systems have quotas they have to meet and materials they're given. But if someone independently seeks guidance, what's there to damage?
Oh, yeah. I’m trying to start a tutoring business right now, but I’ve had trouble reaching my desired audience. I imagine a lot of parents out there seek tutors for their kids, and there are people all around the world looking to develop English literacy. I made a website with my own domain, but I still don’t know how to reach these audiences.

K

Kayaker

Oh, yeah. I’m trying to start a tutoring business right now, but I’ve had trouble reaching my desired audience. I imagine a lot of parents out there seek tutors for their kids, and there are people all around the world looking to develop English literacy. I made a website with my own domain, but I still don’t know how to reach these audiences.
There are probably a lot of those kids in random social media groups. However, which happen to be in another language. So it would be hard.

Dutchie

Do you have a gallery or portfolio online (or your online shop) with your artwork? :)

I'm just always interested in seeing what people create, as I've always had a love for creating art. (well, mostly in my mind bc I hardly bring myself to actually doing it. I think bc I'm not really good at it, so I get frustrated that it doesn't come out as I had pictured it in my mind lol)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals