Income idea for anyone who's lost or may lose their job

Vileplume

I just left my teaching job yesterday because I refused to get vaccinated or test weekly, and also because the stress and nature of the job came to the point where they worsened my quality of life. Now I will try my hand at writing.

Additionally, I think if you get your real estate license, something you can do fairly cheaply and quickly online, you can become your own boss.

Last edited:

-Luke-

I just left my teaching job yesterday because I refused to get vaccinated or test weekly. Now I will try my hand at writing.
Good luck!

Zpol

I just left my teaching job yesterday because I refused to get vaccinated or test weekly, and also because the stress and nature of the job came to the point where they worsened my quality of life. Now I will try my hand at writing.

Additionally, I think if you get your real estate license, something you can do fairly cheaply and quickly online, you can become your own boss.
Home inspection is another one you could get educated in and become self employed reasonably quick. Both my dad and husband were able to complete the studies and get the licensing in less than a year. Although I think both dealing in reality and home inspection would require some in-person testing to get licensed; not sure if vaccination will be required in that scenario.

Wishing you all the best with your new career! Much respect to you for taking a stand against the tyranny.

Vileplume

Home inspection is another one you could get educated in and become self employed reasonably quick. Both my dad and husband were able to complete the studies and get the licensing in less than a year. Although I think both dealing in reality and home inspection would require some in-person testing to get licensed; not sure if vaccination will be required in that scenario.

Wishing you all the best with your new career! Much respect to you for taking a stand against the tyranny.
Thank you Zpol. I feel thankful to this forum and Dr. Peat for showing me the reality of the situation. If this were five years ago, I would have gotten the vaccine without any second thought.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Sorry to hear that brother! You're a brave man.

If you're interested I have some editing work (editing existing articles) you could start with soon.

PM me if you're interested...but no worries if not!

Vileplume

Sorry to hear that brother! You're a brave man.

If you're interested I have some editing work (editing existing articles) you could start with soon.

PM me if you're interested...but no worries if not!
I appreciate it dude. This vaccination definitely forces us to make sacrifices, and for me this was an easy choice. It’s good for the soul anyway, to take a risk every once in a while. It’s also soul-affirming to step away from something that damages your life satisfaction. Maybe the grass is greener in a different pasture. Plus, in a few years if they lift the mandate and shedding turns out not to be so harmful, I can go back to teaching. In the meantime, I think my soul and cortisol levels will appreciate this break from teaching.

Also, you’re the man! for offering some editing work to start out. I will definitely take you up on that. I’ll send you a message later today.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Congratulations on standing your ground!
Getting your real estate license should be fairly easy and affordable. I got mine in 2019. The online course was only about $400 and the licensing exam was less than $100. I passed the first try but everyone there with me that day had taken and failed it more than once. I consider myself just average intelligence so I’m not sure what that was about. I thought I would be really good at it since I did so well on the course and exam and then secured a spot at a firm in a very desirable location. It turned out to be quite hard to break into the field and then covid hit so I put my license in inactive status because I honestly didn’t have time to do anything with it. The realtor board dues were $2000 per year so I didn’t feel like dropping that amount of money if I wasn’t sure when I’d be using it again. This isn’t meant as discouragement only to let you know that if you get your license there’s a big financial and time obligation that comes with keeping it active. I wish I had known that ahead of time. If you go that route I highly recommend joining a team of realtors so you have others invested in helping you succeed early on.

Lejeboca

Did you think of exploring homeschool teacher or tutor opportunities. More and more kids are homeschooled which does not mean that only the parents do the schooling. They have "co-ops" and invited teacher for more heavy-duty subjects. I imagine that with your resume you can easily find that kind of job.
Alas, I haven't researched this opportunity myself yet but will be interested in it in the future. If you see any opportunities do let me (us here) know.

reaching

Teaching English online or being an English conversational partner. Or any other language. Make your own website, sign up for the various language exchange apps. Are we not allowed to list websites? why the JOB SITE?

But make your own website, create language content, resources, videos, sing up for exchange sites, be helpful, build a brand, then sign up for only fans and masturbate on collectible figurines for money.

Lollipop2

Did you think of exploring homeschool teacher or tutor opportunities. More and more kids are homeschooled which does not mean that only the parents do the schooling. They have "co-ops" and invited teacher for more heavy-duty subjects. I imagine that with your resume you can easily find that kind of job.
Alas, I haven't researched this opportunity myself yet but will be interested in it in the future. If you see any opportunities do let me (us here) know.
Great idea @Lejeboca! @Vileplume can easily transfer to that work.

Vileplume

Congratulations on standing your ground!
Getting your real estate license should be fairly easy and affordable. I got mine in 2019. The online course was only about $400 and the licensing exam was less than $100. I passed the first try but everyone there with me that day had taken and failed it more than once. I consider myself just average intelligence so I’m not sure what that was about. I thought I would be really good at it since I did so well on the course and exam and then secured a spot at a firm in a very desirable location. It turned out to be quite hard to break into the field and then covid hit so I put my license in inactive status because I honestly didn’t have time to do anything with it. The realtor board dues were $2000 per year so I didn’t feel like dropping that amount of money if I wasn’t sure when I’d be using it again. This isn’t meant as discouragement only to let you know that if you get your license there’s a big financial and time obligation that comes with keeping it active. I wish I had known that ahead of time. If you go that route I highly recommend joining a team of realtors so you have others invested in helping you succeed early on.
That’s really useful information, thank you Blossom.

Vileplume

This is a very interesting idea, thanks for mentioning it. I will do some searching around on websites and craigslist to see if I can find anything related. Much of this work might be online too, which is fine with me. I can probably tutor or educate kids across the US, like an independent study program, if I can only get in contact with them. I'll update you and everyone here if I find anything

Vileplume

Teaching English online or being an English conversational partner. Or any other language. Make your own website, sign up for the various language exchange apps. Are we not allowed to list websites? why the JOB SITE?

But make your own website, create language content, resources, videos, sing up for exchange sites, be helpful, build a brand, then sign up for only fans and masturbate on collectible figurines for money.
I love your create-your-own website idea, with resources and content, marketing myself as a teacher, tutor, international teacher, and even a teaching coach. I guess when we brand ourselves, we find a new niche that brings together everything unique that we offer.

Lejeboca

This is a very interesting idea, thanks for mentioning it. I will do some searching around on websites and craigslist to see if I can find anything related. Much of this work might be online too, which is fine with me. I can probably tutor or educate kids across the US, like an independent study program, if I can only get in contact with them. I'll update you and everyone here if I find anything

I will be most interested in your update! How about adding to the mix of possiblilities "holistic curriculum development"? will be something less woke than Khan academy and you can insert some Peaty things, on nutrition for example. ;-).

reaching

I love your create-your-own website idea, with resources and content, marketing myself as a teacher, tutor, international teacher, and even a teaching coach. I guess when we brand ourselves, we find a new niche that brings together everything unique that we offer.

There are really so many ways to go about it too.
So many language exchange apps that allow you to correct people who are learning your native language. Then they get intrigued by your help and visit your profile and find OH you have a website and OH free lessons and paid lessons and a youtube channel and so forth.

Kykeon

@OccamzRazer could you show me how one of these assignments looks like? i thought about doing that kind of work in the past. i spent some time finding out where my strenghts / edge lies, and journalistic / copywriting / marketing seems to be where i would fit the most.
but my grammar sucks, i need to work on that.