Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

Cirion

We aren't sure if he has sleep apnea, but his palate does collapse so maybe a bit of obstructive? He solves it by breathing through the mouth, I've watched him sleep and it's pretty weird how he breathes. I think the mouth tape worked pretty well for him but he has a full beard so he refuses to shave so he can use it. I agree that it's also a bandaid, but I'd rather that then nightmares and panic! And maybe for sleep apnea that wouldn't be very safe I"m not sure. I think getting sun all summer long is the best way to aid health, but time is factor for many.

Yeah you'd have to get a sleep study done to be sure. Mouth breathing does seem to hint towards it though, or at least an inability to retain CO2. I personally didn't like mouth taping so I use chin straps instead a lot. They do definitely work to help retain CO2 so I do like to do this a lot myself, but yeah, I still want to actually cure my problems permanently eventually. It's perfectly safe for sleep apnea. I often use the chin strap in conjunction with CPAP.

Sunlight does cure a lot of woes. I am eager for spring/summer to finally get here in the Midwest. Eventually I want to move to where it is sunny and warm all year round.

Birdie

Yes, @Janelle525 , the sun!! I've been wishing I had a sunroom setup or something.

I planned to move to sunshine, but life headed me elsewhere.
My sister got the red light setup.

koky

I have partially torn meniscus in both knees . I sleep on my side and keep a small pillow between them which alleviates the pain of knees against each other.i am sleeping on a 4" incline.
I wonder if pillow between knees is not helping...?

rei

So if this circulation theory is right then to me it seems like it could explain how fasting can be so effective in curing circulatory problems like high blood pressure.

When you take up glucose from the blood it becomes less dense. When you take up ketones from the blood it becomes more dense. So glucose metabolism shifts the circulatory balance towards the lower half of the body, while ketone metabolism shifts the circulation towards the upper half. Being constantly in sugar metabolism like a majority of western people are will prevent adequate circulation in the brain unless blood pressure is increased to compensate.

dudinator

Been battling a somewhat mysterious (although finally getting better) digestive issue for 2+ years now which has made it impossible for me to sleep with food in my belly. The only fix was to work on my metabolism, peat stuff, etc... to improve the speed of my now very slow digestion and eat early in the day. Sometimes I would get stuck in this cycle of bad sleep making my digestion worse, giving me worse sleep, and so on.

Well... for two days in a row, ever since I've inclined 3" on a queen, I've been able to sleep soundly through the night with plenty of crap in my belly. I know, because when I wake up now, there's tons of crap still in there. Pretty uncomfortable, but much better than the same feeling without sleep. So the initial problem is still there, but nowadays I'm doing blue light avoidance before bed, eating a more and more peat like diet, limiting EMF (HUGE!), earthing, keeping any non-purely for fun exercise at nose breathing intensity, oxytocin, searching for purpose outside of hedonism, etc... I think now that I can get consistent sleep, I can FINALLY heal with all the other positive changes I've made.

somuch4food

I've been at about a 3 inches incline for a week or so. I'm not noticing anything except that I'm more tired.

I can think of many other reasons that I'm more tired atm, but wanted to know if anyone experienced more tiredness at the beginning?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been at about a 3 inches incline for a week or so. I'm not noticing anything except that I'm more tired.

I can think of many other reasons that I'm more tired atm, but wanted to know if anyone experienced more tiredness at the beginning?
I wonder if it’s the pregnancy? @andrewkfletcher might know of some people who slept inclined during pregnancy.

somuch4food

I wonder if it’s the pregnancy? @andrewkfletcher might know of some people who slept inclined during pregnancy.

Well, pregnancy itself whether inclined or not can explain that I'm more tired atm. I'm just asking to see how people reacted at first.

I decided to try it since I have some circulation problems at the end of the day (slight edema around ankles) and had a lot of back troubles with my first pregnancy.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Well, pregnancy itself whether inclined or not can explain that I'm more tired atm. I'm just asking to see how people reacted at first.

I decided to try it since I have some circulation problems at the end of the day (slight edema around ankles) and had a lot of back troubles with my first pregnancy.
Okay, I see. I think I felt like I slept lighter at first yet I woke up easier and felt pretty refreshed. I hope more people chime in!

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Hi Everyone, me and my family have had very good health benefits from Inclined Bed Therapy. I decided to start a website selling Inclined Beds, they are made with a 3” rise at the head of the bed, i have tried different heights and find a 3” rise to be the sweet spot, others on the forum have reported the same.

The Inclined Beds we sell are beautiful and made of solid wood, we use no plywood or particle board, available in several styles and with a footboard option, they are made in your choice of Maple or Oak.

Please visit the website there is lots of info about the beds and other products, let me know if you have any questions, if you have lots of detailed questions you can contact me through the email on the website.

www.inclinedbeds.com

Makrosky

Hi Everyone, me and my family have had very good health benefits from Inclined Bed Therapy. I decided to start a website selling Inclined Beds, they are made with a 3” rise at the head of the bed, i have tried different heights and find a 3” rise to be the sweet spot, others on the forum have reported the same.

The Inclined Beds we sell are beautiful and made of solid wood, we use no plywood or particle board, available in several styles and with a footboard option, they are made in your choice of Maple or Oak.

Please visit the website there is lots of info about the beds and other products, let me know if you have any questions, if you have lots of detailed questions you can contact me through the email on the website.

www.inclinedbeds.com
Good luck with this new business Daniel!

Blossom

Forum Supporter

www.inclinedbeds.com
Yes, I hope it’s a success! Best wishes Daniel.

InChristAlone

When will it be ready to sell?! My husband just bought a bed frame and of course even before opening I could tell they used glues in the wood it stinks so bad. It didn't say it was plywood but I'm guessing part of it is.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
When will it be ready to sell?! My husband just bought a bed frame and of course even before opening I could tell they used glues in the wood it stinks so bad. It didn't say it was plywood but I'm guessing part of it is.

Hi Janelle, the store is open now, i forgot to click make store live earlier, you can see everything at www.inclinedbeds.com

Ingenol

What have you found with 3" relative to the commonly recommended 5 degrees? I ask because I use 5 degrees (which is actually 6 5/8" for a full-size and 7" for a queen) and I wouldn't say I've noticed any definite benefits from it.

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
What have you found with 3" relative to the commonly recommended 5 degrees? I ask because I use 5 degrees (which is actually 6 5/8" for a full-size and 7" for a queen) and I wouldn't say I've noticed any definite benefits from it.

With 3” i feel better then higher, i feel more rested and warmer after waking up, also i have had chronic back pain fo most my adult life, now after several months of sleeping on a incline i spring out of bed in the morning and my back rarely bothers me, also have noticed good benefits for my digestion.

Our Grandson was born a month ago on an inclined hospital bed, at home mum slept inclined, conceived and went full term with baby weighing 7 pounds. Mum now weighs 8 stones. Baby is silent at night, sleeping 5 hours inclined. Our Granddaughters also followed the same pattern. Grandson is growing fast and no signs of digestive issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals