Incandendescent Bulbs: Sources

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It's ok, but it would be better if the glass was clear and not tinted red. You will lose some of good stuff with the tint.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

biggirlkisss

The red may block out blue and green making it better. Although I think with incandescent its not worth the effort.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The br40 is a 130 volt bulb.

J

j.

Charlie said:
It's ok, but it would be better if the glass was clear and not tinted red. You will lose some of good stuff with the tint.

I'm not sure this is true, since you'll lose some of the bad stuff as well. Maybe they provide different types of benefits.

But if I were you I wouldn't return it. I would try the incandescents, see how I feel, and then try the red one as well. In fact, I'm going to buy red lights and try them out.

OP
I

ilovethesea

Charlie said:
This light is also really good, I bought it at Lowes but they are available online too:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WH ... B000WHEZ8O

I think this is the same one you're talking about? http://www.lowes.ca/incandescent-light- ... =quickView I just checked and they have it locally so gonna check it out as it's 250 compared to the 175 ones I posted before. Just wanted to get something locally instead of ordering off the internet and getting slammed with taxes later.

OP
I

ilovethesea

j. said:
Charlie said:

I'm not sure this is true, since you'll lose some of the bad stuff as well. Maybe they provide different types of benefits.

But if I were you I wouldn't return it. I would try the incandescents, see how I feel, and then try the red one as well. In fact, I'm going to buy red lights and try them out.

I tried it, it's kinda weird sitting under red light. Very hard to see what I am doing. I am wondering what the neighbours think as well! Haha. How to explain that one.

It says it's 175 w but gives off as much heat as 250 w.... I still assume that a real 250 w bulb would be better right?

Bluebell

I was thinking about trying the red lamps, as I thought 600-800nm were the optimals (I think, from memory).

But yeh, it's a bit funny to sit under red light. I was wondering if I'd get too hot. I hadn't thought about the neighbour issue but you've got a point there!

J

j.

ilovethesea said:
I tried it, it's kinda weird sitting under red light. Very hard to see what I am doing.

I wonder if using incandescent and red at the same time would improve things.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Charlie said:

There is not much bad rays at all in the infrared bulbs. I have a suspicion that's why Ray Peat suggests the infrared bulbs over incandescent.

ilovethesea said:
I think this is the same one you're talking about? http://www.lowes.ca/incandescent-light- ... =quickView I just checked and they have it locally so gonna check it out as it's 250 compared to the 175 ones I posted before. Just wanted to get something locally instead of ordering off the internet and getting slammed with taxes later.

That's the one.

Edit: I just realized that one is 120 volt. For some reason the same bulb is 130 volt is what Ray Peat mentions is best. Sorry for the confusion. I never was able to find a local 130 volt, had to order it offline.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
I

ilovethesea

Do you think a 130 volt would still be sort of okay? What difference does voltage make?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat thinks its optimal. And for that reason, I have a box of them.

OP
I

ilovethesea

Oops I meant to say 120V. Anyway, I don't know what voltage does. I can't seem to find any stores here in Canada that carry this combo :(

4peatssake

This place in TO has 250 watt, 130 volt incandescent bulbs. Maybe they can help.

Saver Plus Lighting

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals