Inbody fitness test

Melk

I had one of these done recently, I'd say it was OK but nothing that special. Probably good for tracking composition changes over time, but not much else. I mostly wanted it for the BMR, but I think it just takes your bodyfat and does a Katch McArdle calculation, so meh.

If it's free, why not? The Icw v ewc element sounds interesting too, I can't remember what mine said.

But I totally get what you mean about the lack of external validation meaning who knows what's really being measured.

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

I had one of these done recently, I'd say it was OK but nothing that special. Probably good for tracking composition changes over time, but not much else. I mostly wanted it for the BMR, but I think it just takes your bodyfat and does a Katch McArdle calculation, so meh.

If it's free, why not? The Icw v ewc element sounds interesting too, I can't remember what mine said.

But I totally get what you mean about the lack of external validation meaning who knows what's really being measured.
Thanks for your input. I will probably try it once since it is free and doesn't seem to have any lasting harmful effects. A good data point, if nothing else (assuming the data is useful and accurate, but a data point nonetheless).

stumpus

I'm not sure how accurate, but I get these every month or so at my gym. As mentioned already, they are quite useful for tracking composition changes over time. Also gave a useful BMR for calculating my daily calorie intake this last bout of leaning up. It was pretty much spot-on, but after a few months I did have to add in about 150 calories because I kept going hypo (only after workouts).

OP
bookshelf

bookshelf

I'm not sure how accurate, but I get these every month or so at my gym. As mentioned already, they are quite useful for tracking composition changes over time. Also gave a useful BMR for calculating my daily calorie intake this last bout of leaning up. It was pretty much spot-on, but after a few months I did have to add in about 150 calories because I kept going hypo (only after workouts).
Good to know!