In So Much Pain And Scared, Getting Worse Rapidly

Terma

Oh yeah iirc Aaron used a UVB light for reptiles (way cheaper).

He documented his results, but that might not be the most reliable purchase, especially considered he bought that years ago and you never know how they'll modify the assembly line in China to reduce costs.

Still, PM him because he accumulated years more info than I did (and probably more than most people here, it sucks when such a seemingly essential, simple supplement works against you like that and you spend years working around it with no help).

^ No idea about what you should do for IVIG, sorry.

OP
energyandstruct
Update is that I think the cynoplus is really helping some, or that thyroid supplementation is the right thing to do, but it's up and down. Trying to go slow and not add t3 yet, but based on my response to thyroid I think it may actually help once i tweak dose and get vitamin D/sunlight/UV light in the mix

EIRE24

Update is that I think the cynoplus is really helping some, or that thyroid supplementation is the right thing to do, but it's up and down. Trying to go slow and not add t3 yet, but based on my response to thyroid I think it may actually help once i tweak dose and get vitamin D/sunlight/UV light in the mix
Did you find anything that helped stomach pains and digestion?

OP
energyandstruct
Did you find anything that helped stomach pains and digestion?
The stomach pain went away after like four or five nights of it. It happened and went away once before so I'm really not sure the cause of it. The thyroid is still sort of hit or miss but I think if i figure out the dose and why it sometimes works really well and sometimes doesn't, it'll help a lot

EIRE24

The stomach pain went away after like four or five nights of it. It happened and went away once before so I'm really not sure the cause of it. The thyroid is still sort of hit or miss but I think if i figure out the dose and why it sometimes works really well and sometimes doesn't, it'll help a lot
So you didnt try any supplements etc? I get the same reflux and GERD you were referencing above when I eat too much or certain foods and still havent figured out a way to relieve it permanently.

OP
energyandstruct
i tried milk and simethicone, both which helped relieve the pain when I would wake up in the middle of the night at least, in a practical sense, and ginger ale

OP
energyandstruct
I intuitively feel like i need sun, even though I don't know my vit d levels, and started being able to get it for the first time in awhile. Feel like I overdid it today. Is there any problem besides sunburn, with excessive sun exposure? It seemed to cause fatigue and my skin feels like it's going to get burned. Does coconut oil on skin help?

for a few hours at least after my first sun exposure in awhile, I feel nauseous, dizzy, and fatigued in a way reminiscent of a mild version of shock (I went into shock once when breaking leg so I remember the feeling viscerally)

And I look pale, standing up in similar way as if blood drained from my face

Arrade

I intuitively feel like i need sun, even though I don't know my vit d levels, and started being able to get it for the first time in awhile. Feel like I overdid it today. Is there any problem besides sunburn, with excessive sun exposure? It seemed to cause fatigue and my skin feels like it's going to get burned. Does coconut oil on skin help?

for a few hours at least after my first sun exposure in awhile, I feel nauseous, dizzy, and fatigued in a way reminiscent of a mild version of shock (I went into shock once when breaking leg so I remember the feeling viscerally)

And I look pale, standing up in similar way as if blood drained from my face
I really doubt sun could hurt you, unless you body can't handle Vit D which is rare.
It does have a tiring effect at times. I forget why but it won't hurt you

Arrade

You should really get sun more, UVB tanning beds will also work and probably more practical.
Coconut oil will allow the anti androgen lineolic acid to enter the bloodstream and reduce your dht. I wouldn't use that and obviously not sunscreen

OP
energyandstruct
I really doubt sun could hurt you, unless you body can't handle Vit D which is rare.
It does have a tiring effect at times. I forget why but it won't hurt you
I found something ray said saying sunburn happens and this is overall linked to PUFA and can be prevented by aspirin and progestE, but that it can cause fatigue, etc, b/c of oxidative damage. I'm gonna do less sun next time

Arrade

I found something ray said saying sunburn happens and this is overall linked to PUFA and can be prevented by aspirin and progestE, but that it can cause fatigue, etc, b/c of oxidative damage. I'm gonna do less sun next time
I think it's linked to your skin tone/melatonin. You're probably very pale, I would pace yourself if you got sunburned

OP
energyandstruct
I'm incredibly pale, yeah. I think that's the thing, I just have to pace myself. Especially since I don't have a perfectly pufa-free diet for a long time

OP
energyandstruct
with thyroid, running into some issues but it seems to mostly help with the pain and lactic acid + shortness of breath stuff. but when those issues come back despite that , i have tried methylene blue and progestE. methylene blue seems hit or miss. I always start with five drops (100 mcg/each) and work my way up. Sometimes I feel dizzy and unpleasant after it, and I'm pretty sure this is not placebo as has happened multiple times. but a couple times I felt nice. I'm sure the dizziness was not hypoglycemia as I usually make sure to have some form of sugar with supplements. the progestE has helped with stress/lactic acid fairly consistenly. I still am not doing great, but not quite as wretched as before. Still very tired at times, but no longer in such abject pain that i cna't think, all the time.

sunraiser

Going slow is wise! There's definitely a natural build up for sun tolerance through spring towards summer, but also...

You need some kind of vitamin A status to tolerate sun. If it doesn't feel good on your skin then it's not doing good.

I had long periods this year after really overdoing lamb liver in which the sun felt bad. From trial and error I really depleted my zinc levels which lead to a functional vitamin A deficiency. A single dose of retinol palmitate made me enjoy sun again for a day, but it has only really started to resolve since having some oysters each week. I can't eat large amounts of beef without losing appetite for it at the moment for some reason. I should also add that I have a really varied and non restrictive diet - it's not just eating oysters but having those in conjunction with magnesium and selenium rich foods that I crave like mackerel and greens and rye bread etc etc.

Vitamin A is our natural sun protectant in the skin, and it's so important to remember that long term zinc deficiency will result in vitamin A deficiency (due to absence of sufficient retinol binding protein), despite a robust vitamin A intake. It's never just one factor so I hope my post doesn't imply that - this is only my context.

Just like everything else, the sun is not inherently good unless certain factors are in place to tolerate it. It has nothing to do with PUFA - I eat probably more PUFA than anyone on this forum and I'm able to tolerate the sun fine and have done in the past, too.

Last edited:
OP
energyandstruct
Lots of thoughts and ideas here. I have lactic acid buildup due to advanced prostate cancer. I do apple cider vinegar and potassium bicarbonate ( can use baking soda) to make an acetate which will combine with CoA and form acetyl- CoA and feed the Krebs cycle and start the oxygenation process and form carbon dioxide which will reduce lactic acid made from Pyruvate (fermentation process). 2-3 grams of niacinamide will inhibit FAS and reduce lactic acid further. Aspirin will inhibit COX1 and COX2 and prevent prostaglandins which will prevent inflammation...do not eat fermented foods
so sodium bicarbonate works just as well? what acetate does this form and how safe is this lol? this is certainly some of the most interesting approach i've read. yeah as far as niacinamide and other b vits I do think i probably just need to push dose higher to get the benefits

OP
energyandstruct
so sodium bicarbonate works just as well? what acetate does this form and how safe is this lol? this is certainly some of the most interesting approach i've read. yeah as far as niacinamide and other b vits I do think i probably just need to push dose higher to get the benefits
ah ok i see that it just makes sodium acetate, and carbonic acid (which would escape as gas). so what's the safe range of sodium acetate? I sorta got a craving when reading this, which is sort of weird but I always try and listen to cravings, pica-adjacent feelings, as ray recommends, to intuit what I'm deficient in. It could be not necessarily for acetate, since i've literally never consumed sodium acetate and I doubt I'm not that prescient.
But it was odd, when i read this post, @Obi-wan , I had this vision of eating sodium acetate, which I imagined as some crystalline, vinegary salt (but not tasting salty, but rather like a crunchy vinegar) and it immediately stimulated a craving. maybe it's just a craving for something else crunchy, a different mineral I'm deficient in, but I can't imagine what

Why dont you go see an Ayurvedic practitioner, they can heal your Chronic fatigue syndrome ?

I can also make a list of supporting orthomolecular / ayurvedic herbs for you if you like. Send me a message.

have a nice day!

[edit] Try to find a local practitioner doing neurotransmitter assessment for your case and who can give you personal coaching.

Travis

@Travis do you think the peroxynitrite thing explains methylene blue causing dizziness/headacheyness

I think the lowered nitric oxide concentration might explain that better, but also the superoxide ion responsible for lowering it. Superoxide is highly involved in pain, so much so that I assume it the fundamental cause. Singlet oxygen (¹O₂) and superoxide (Ȯ₂⁻) both emit light in the 565 nm region, which I assume is more-or-less 'the pain frequency.' Histidine powerfully absorbs in this spectral region, and for that reason I'd expect it to be an endogenous pain killer.

Wang, Zhi-Qiang. "A newly identified role for superoxide in inflammatory pain." Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (2004)
Tamaddonfard, E. "Central effect of histamine and peripheral effect of histidine on the formalin-induced pain response in mice." Clinical and experimental pharmacology & physiology (2004)