In Search Of Quality Magnesium Supplements

Frankdee20

It depends on what you're trying to do that determines if it's excessive or not. If you're not on a therapeutic dose, 600 mg is fine. Especially if one is coming from a state of magnesium deficiency, therapeutic doses are needed.

Since you didn't experience any side effects with ReMag, it would be worth trying it.

Add: Excessive magnesium is known to be expressed thru loose stools, not through peeing. The excessive peeing in my case is due to the need to remove acidity.

Oxide and citrate will run through you yes.

yerrag

Oxide and citrate will run through you yes.
Didn't know that about citrate. I suppose back when I used magnesium citrate, I wasn't paying much attention to taking enough elemental magnesium. I was just taking one gram of the magnesium citrate (only 113 mg elemntal magnesium), and I wasn't getting loose stools.

I have been using mg hydroxide with ACV and/or carbonated water. Maybe I'm not letting it sit long enough. The powder settles to the bottom. But anyway, I seem to tolerate it better than mg glycinate, but it still causes a bit of butt irritation...

It does seem to work better in terms of having high elemental magnesium without getting a runny stool.

OP
L

Logan-

I’ve tried the doctors best Glycinate powder but that has lysine.

I bought that one, waiting for it to arrive. How does it taste? I've read some people have real difficulties in ingesting that powder because of its bad taste.

Frankdee20

I bought that one, waiting for it to arrive. How does it taste? I've read some people have real difficulties in ingesting that powder because of its bad taste.

The taste to me was pretty neutral but nonetheless metallic.

Back
Top Bottom