Improving / increasing mental ability after expending physical energy

bluefish

I am slowly going through an Andrew Huberman video on body building.. I skipped ahead to to a time stamp 1:55 which addresses fatigue after weight lifting causing mental ability to decrease.

Ive dealt with this issue a lot in my life, my mind being tired or out of focus. as Ive gotten more healthy, and de-stressed my life, my focus is improving and im still interested in improving my focus.

My question for this post is, is there a hack using anything from diet to nootropics to? anything,,, to hack your mind to reenergize it after physical exertion has hindered your focus.

Andrew Huberman said, in this video that after an intense physical workout, your neurons have less oxygen, so, your brain is literally on 'low power'... which just got me to wonder if there is a way(s) to pump back energy, oxygen etc into your brain when it would normally be running on low... that would be amazing. (I'm aware Im not the first person to ever wonder this... lol.. )

this can be in general, or specifically for when you;re brunt out after a long day or hard workout. Im not talking about trying to keep myself at 100% for 48 hours straight... just occasional bump up say, after a workout or long day of physical work and wanting to keep my mind sharp and agile.

Has anyone explored this before?

im currently attempting a healthy peaty diet, hopefully I am in fact eating well, sleeping well...
Im using T3 a tad to improve general well being...
and the usual: K2 D, Mag... MB... etc etc

Andman

oh yeah, the dreaded workout-hangover. ive done this to myself more times than i can count
what ultimately seems to help most is actually listening to those boring old farts that caution against training too heavy/often etc. (i know its hard to actually implement this)
thiamine-hcl pre/post workout also seems to help

Ben.

Mhh i cant give you any supplemental/stimulant advise. But if it comes to health/longevity, workouts that drain you that hard may be indicative of it being to much and counterproductive for what you want to achieve.

I think for the workout itself, no matter how you set it up, being able to consistently breath calmly should help alot while simultanously providing electrolytes, sugars and eeas during the workout (perhaps a good meal or b-vitamins post workout could make sense). The breathing part is realy hard tho, not nearly as easy as it sounds during workouts. I visualize a boxer that keeps his calm and his breath steady to improve endurance to what seems like a eternety until the opponent drops.

Thats just my two cents, but i noticed when drinking fruitjuice during the workout i can go easily 1-2 hours longer (i dont workout like that anymore tho ... 45 minutes more than enough ... age and injury sure teach a lesson) without feeling much fatigue.

equipoise

Sprinting always makes me feel amazing and results in even deeper-than-is voice and general metabolism boost for the next day or so.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Sprinting always makes me feel amazing and results in even deeper-than-is voice and general metabolism boost for the next day or so.
cool, so, adding a sprint after a long day or workout? what do you mean by 'even deeper-than-is voice' ?

I will add this to my weekly schedule. Thanks

I just got Semax. Which Ive used before... Im wondering is using Semax or other enhancers can give my brain the needed ingredients to feel alive and nimble when my body is tired or stressed.
Also, Perhaps magnesium l-threonate might be helpful also...

Andman

cool, so, adding a sprint after a long day or workout? what do you mean by 'even deeper-than-is voice' ?

I will add this to my weekly schedule. Thanks

I just got Semax. Which Ive used before... Im wondering is using Semax or other enhancers can give my brain the needed ingredients to feel alive and nimble when my body is tired or stressed.
Also, Perhaps magnesium l-threonate might be helpful also...
nothing really magical about sprinting per se in this context - if you want to experience the increased wakefulness etc effects they provide (unless overdone over a period of time) you can also use plymoetrics like depth jumps+clapping pushups 3x5 to activate your cns, or even olympic lifts

also, please dont fall into the rabbit hole of adding more and more supplements/substances to support a workload (which means training+other life stressors) thats obviously too high for you currently - weve all been there and it never works out in the end

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals