Improving Effect Of Evening Primrose Oil On The Sexual Functions Of Male Mice

Experienced

https://www.researchgate.net/public...rose_oil_on_the_sexual_functions_of_male_mice

The present study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of evening primrose oil (EPO) on the male sexual functions. EPO (daily 0.5 ml/mouse) was orally intubated for 28 consecutive days to experimental ICR mice, and same vol. of vehicle to control mice. On the 14th and 28th experimental day, the testis weight, number of complete intromissions and mating, serum testosterone and cGMP levels, prostaglandin levels of penile corpus cavernosum smooth muscle cells, and NO-productive activity of endothelial cells were determined. The weight of body and testis, the number of complete intromissions during the 3-hour period were somewhat increased in EPO treated mice than those of control. The number of sperm-positive females and testosterone level in serum were increased in experimental groups. The serum cGMP level was significantly increased but the NO production of ionomycin-stimulated HUVEC cells was not affected when EPO was added into cultures. These results suggest that oral administration of EPO enhanced the sexual functions of male mice, and EPO could be developed as a tonic improving sexual functions.

Frankdee20

https://www.researchgate.net/public...rose_oil_on_the_sexual_functions_of_male_mice

The present study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of evening primrose oil (EPO) on the male sexual functions. EPO (daily 0.5 ml/mouse) was orally intubated for 28 consecutive days to experimental ICR mice, and same vol. of vehicle to control mice. On the 14th and 28th experimental day, the testis weight, number of complete intromissions and mating, serum testosterone and cGMP levels, prostaglandin levels of penile corpus cavernosum smooth muscle cells, and NO-productive activity of endothelial cells were determined. The weight of body and testis, the number of complete intromissions during the 3-hour period were somewhat increased in EPO treated mice than those of control. The number of sperm-positive females and testosterone level in serum were increased in experimental groups. The serum cGMP level was significantly increased but the NO production of ionomycin-stimulated HUVEC cells was not affected when EPO was added into cultures. These results suggest that oral administration of EPO enhanced the sexual functions of male mice, and EPO could be developed as a tonic improving sexual functions.

The oil from this herb, along with Borage and Black Currant Seed, are the best sources of GLA fatty acids.... it’s not often spoken about on this forum, because we just hear about DHA and EPA and ALA.... GLA has been purported to balance hormones and evening primrose in particular was used for PMS symptoms..... I wonder what the correlation is..... I haven’t used GLA since 2005, but ironically it was back then that my hair was at its fullest (I also claimed it was DHEA that helped but who the hell knows when it comes to hair loss and regrowth)... interesting find nonetheless thanks

Experienced

The oil from this herb, along with Borage and Black Currant Seed, are the best sources of GLA fatty acids.... it’s not often spoken about on this forum, because we just hear about DHA and EPA and ALA.... GLA has been purported to balance hormones and evening primrose in particular was used for PMS symptoms..... I wonder what the correlation is..... I haven’t used GLA since 2005, but ironically it was back then that my hair was at its fullest (I also claimed it was DHEA that helped but who the hell knows when it comes to hair loss and regrowth)... interesting find nonetheless thanks
@Jing helped me out finding stuff about primrose and GLA. i think it helps with blood flow through applying topically on penile area.

Frankdee20

I never heard of using it on the area directly but hey whatever works....Borage has the highest GLA content of the 3 oils mentioned.... I think it’s linked to 5 alpha reductase inhibition (maybe why it may have helped with hair) and it can balance estrogen levels supposedly. I also seen links to increasing progesterone output .. maybe why it helps hot flashes.

Experienced

I never heard of using it on the area directly but hey whatever works....Borage has the highest GLA content of the 3 oils mentioned.... I think it’s linked to 5 alpha reductase inhibition (maybe why it may have helped with hair) and it can balance estrogen levels supposedly. I also seen links to increasing progesterone output .. maybe why it helps hot flashes.
Hey thanks will look into borage have you taken it?

Experienced

I've read through those stuff on RPF too and no positive outcome only bad stuff about these oils like the fat itself and ray doesn't recommend for in the long term he says it will be beneficial for the short term but not long.

Frankdee20

I've read through those stuff on RPF too and no positive outcome only bad stuff about these oils like the fat itself and ray doesn't recommend for in the long term he says it will be beneficial for the short term but not long.

Im inclined to agree, it helps with prostaglandins