Improve Heart Health

Motif

My mother has a swollen ankle (edema?) for months now and I was reading it could be heart related.

what could be done to improve heart health ?

Better mineral balance?

Nokoni

My mother has a swollen ankle (edema?) for months now and I was reading it could be heart related.

what could be done to improve heart health ?

Better mineral balance?
You might try high dose thiamine. It acts as a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, which keeps tissue levels of carbon dioxide higher. The CO2 then drags the excess water out of the tissues, into the blood, and then on to the kidneys, to be excreted as urine. So it's essentially a diuretic. I use it for this purpose with good results. Unfortunately thiamine HCL, the usual form, is poorly absorbed, so I take allithiamine, 9 capsules of 50 mg each, daily. It's more expensive than the HCL form but worth it in my book.

OP
M

Motif

You might try high dose thiamine. It acts as a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor, which keeps tissue levels of carbon dioxide higher. The CO2 then drags the excess water out of the tissues, into the blood, and then on to the kidneys, to be excreted as urine. So it's essentially a diuretic. I use it for this purpose with good results. Unfortunately thiamine HCL, the usual form, is poorly absorbed, so I take allithiamine, 9 capsules of 50 mg each, daily. It's more expensive than the HCL form but worth it in my book.
Thanks

Birdie

Did you mean that she has one swollen ankle? (Or is this both ankles.) That would be very different from both ankles swollen as far as leading to thinking of a heart association with it.

Birdie

I guess you meant both ankles and that she has edema. Sorry

P

Peatness

Thyroid, Vitamin D, Low Phosphate - these are the things Dr Peat suggested when asked about this

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals