Im trying to make aspirin/dmso solution for skin application ... what do you think?

bluefish

Im not doing well with taking aspirin internally.
I maybe can improve how I'm doing it... but, wether or not I'm doing carefully enough, Ive continued to get stomach issues when I take aspirin... so,
I thought, maybe I could mix it with dmso, and apply it to my skin.

Is there a reason why this wouldn't work?
And if it would work (ie transfer enough aspirin into my skin and into my body), how would I consider the amount I'm getting.

this is what I did this evening:

I bought a small bottle of the regular bayer's aspirin (24 pils, 325mg, so total mixture is 7800mg )....,

I boiled some water, I pour the aspirin into a cup, added baking soda, added boiling water,,, it foamed up a lot. I left it alone for a while (still a thick foamy blob), then I added a little bit of mct oil, and some dmso.

thats it.
I rubbed a bit on my arm.... lol, I have no idea if it would work or not... I cant feel any specific effect. I don't know if it doesn't work at all, or if I added too much Id have adverse reactions so, I didn't want to add too much right away.

thoughts on this mixture, or how to improve it, please share.

Why not dissolve pure aspirin powder directly into the solvent and use a dropper bottle to control dosage?

OP
bluefish

bluefish

I was using what I had now (bottle of bayer aspirin). I can buy aspirin powder I think.

I tried googling mixing dmso w aspirin, but I didnt find anything....
Im curious if this is a good or better carrier method than the method in your link (isopropyl alcohol or ethanol and propylene glycol).

Ill see how this mixtures go, Im curious if I will be able to feel anything.

edit... sorry I edited my post during your response to my comment... :)

Last edited:
edit: just read your links... thanks! how did you find them? (im trying to figure out how to look up topic on this forum.)

so a reason I used dmso, I thought dmso is a great carrier for other chemicals etc....
I just used the site search function, Search results
You can also use regular search engines to search specific sites, e.g. site:raypeatforum.com topical aspirin at DuckDuckGo

Water, dmso, and ethanol are all solvents. All I was getting at is aspirin powder would be better than pills.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

I just used the site search function, Search results
You can also use regular search engines to search specific sites, e.g. site:raypeatforum.com topical aspirin at DuckDuckGo

Water, dmso, and ethanol are all solvents. All I was getting at is aspirin powder would be better than pills.
right.. so ill buy some powder...

thanks.
I am realizing recently that aspirin plays a large role in optimizing health... and so far its just too complicated to consume it... hopefully topical will work out.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

right.. so ill buy some powder...

thanks.
I am realizing recently that aspirin plays a large role in optimizing health... and so far its just too complicated for me to consume it... hopefully topical will work out.

sodium salicylate dissolves immediately in water, even cold. Easy and less prone to cause irritation with dmso or alcohol solution.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

sodium salicylate dissolves immediately in water, even cold. Easy and less prone to cause irritation with dmso or alcohol solution.
Cool. Thanks. I am just learning so this is useful.

Do you have an opinion w water vs dmso vs alcohol as a carrier and how well it transfers through the skin?

Cool. Thanks. I am just learning so this is useful.

Do you have an opinion w water vs dmso vs alcohol as a carrier and how well it transfers through the skin?
It depends on the solubility of the substance but in order of potency:
1) DMSO is the most potent carrier of anything you put on your skin (be careful) but can cause skin irritation (I felt just a burning sensation, but some people got dermatitis, hives etc). There are a lot of threads here discussing potential side effects or potential magical effects.
2) Alcohol (everclear) in general dries the skin but is very good for B vitamins and other water/ethanol soluble things. For example, some forms of magnesium go great with DMSO, but not with alcohol.
3) None side effects, but does not penetrate deep into the skin. Ex: Niacinamide with water has some good topical effects, but not relevant systemic effects in my opinion, but with ethanol, you will have them. I do not think that aspirin with water will have systemic effects (unless a lot of it is in a bath?), but maybe sodium salicylate with ethanol could have.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

It depends on the solubility of the substance but in order of potency:
1) DMSO is the most potent carrier of anything you put on your skin (be careful) but can cause skin irritation (I felt just a burning sensation, but some people got dermatitis, hives etc). There are a lot of threads here discussing potential side effects or potential magical effects.
2) Alcohol (everclear) in general dries the skin but is very good for B vitamins and other water/ethanol soluble things. For example, some forms of magnesium go great with DMSO, but not with alcohol.
3) None side effects, but does not penetrate deep into the skin. Niacinamide with water has some good topical effects, but not relevant systemic effects in my opinion, but with ethanol, you will have them.
Thanks. I’ve used dmso a bit, w various degrees of success. So far w the aspirin it’s working well.

You went out of your way to mention niacinamide, with water is topical, and ethanol is systemic.

What’s your experience w that? Have you tried both ways?

W water is it good for the skin?

(I’ve only ingested it and didn’t notice anything, as far as health enhancement.)

Thanks. I’ve used dmso a bit, w various degrees of success. So far w the aspirin it’s working well.

You went out of your way to mention niacinamide, with water is topical, and ethanol is systemic.

What’s your experience w that? Have you tried both ways?

W water is it good for the skin?

(I’ve only ingested it and didn’t notice anything, as far as health enhancement.)
Yes!

Niacinamide and Vitamin A on the face are the two best things I ever tried. The first is with water.
With alcohol, I made a mixture with B1, and before writing or lecturing, I rub some on my inner arm. It's a whole different thing.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Yes!

Niacinamide and Vitamin A on the face are the two best things I ever tried. The first is with water.
With alcohol, I made a mixture with B1, and before writing or lecturing, I rub some on my inner arm. It's a whole different thing.
Cool. Thanks for sharing.

Are you making these yourself?

I know idealabs makes a b supplement which I’ve used and enjoyed.

I’d love to know how you make them if you have a specific way.

Also I forgot to ask. How does one guess the potency of… say aspirin/dmso when applied to the skin?

OP
bluefish

bluefish

ive been using this solution 2 or 3 times a day.... covering my arms with it, and felt great effects... warmer, more engaged, etc.

now , last 2 days, I started to feel kinda nauseous, and just not so great in general.. I didnt put aspirin on my arms today.

I read a few threads about aspirin and saw that vitK is important, so I took a bunch of vitK (idea labs), which immidiatly made me feel back to normal... warm, happy engaged etc... and now a few moments later, I feel slightly nauseous again, and more tired etc.

Im assuming I was taking too much aspirin and I threw my body out of wack. I was really enjoying it, so I know why I was adding it so much.... I felt like finally after a year or so of trying to really feel good, I finally found the trick so to speak...

which lasted about a week, and then ... these things started.

Any thoughts? was it the aspirin? or something else perhaps?

Nebula

I also had a positive response to aspirin in DMSO a few years ago with my first attempt. I became very low blood sugar but after eating some carbs I felt very warm and positive. I think it increases dopamine a lot too. But I never replicated the effects again after several tries. I’m not sure why. I think you may have to be very well fed to avoid low blood sugar with aspirin in any form. I want to try it again with a purer aspirin powder source.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

I also had a positive response to aspirin in DMSO a few years ago with my first attempt. I became very low blood sugar but after eating some carbs I felt very warm and positive. I think it increases dopamine a lot too. But I never replicated the effects again after several tries. I’m not sure why. I think you may have to be very well fed to avoid low blood sugar with aspirin in any form. I want to try it again with a purer aspirin powder source.
Ok. That’s very interesting… not intentional, but last few days I have been underfed.

So, what happens if I’m adding aspirin topically throughout the day but on a caloric deficit?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals