I'm Starting To Feel Cornered Because I Haven't Been Vaccinated

P

Peatness

what is the word that describes wanting something good to happen, something that would be the saving of humanity, but is simultaneously horrific. Good/bad doesn't quite cut it. Every cloud has a... is too timid, Armegoodden is a too flippant. There must be something double-barrelled in German that does it.
How about curative eschatology, I know that's 2 words. Eschatological might work on it's own

P

Peatness

Like a ship in a rough storm, it will blow over. I got ostracised at work because one member asked me if I was vaxxed and i said no and he asked why and i said we don’t know the long term side effects and I would only get the vaccine if it was that or prison.

He was angry and then went and told all the other vaxxed colleagues that I wasn’t vaxxed and one of them confronted me said how he can’t understand why people won’t get it, I said because they are concerned about the long term side effects and he got more aggressive and tried to argue and use polio as an argument and i said that this is different and re enforced the long term effects are not known. He then fell into personal attack on me and doing that mocking laugh telling me if I don’t get it I won’t allowed to return to my own country and had a tantrum and the funny thing is that the one who went and spread it around was telling him to stop. I just said nothing and looked at him until he finished and walked away. I told them that I am free to choose and I’m not braking the law.

The insane part is, is that I was very friendly and used to laugh heaps with this man and since he got the vaccine he completely changed and has been aggressive to customers, abusing the managers and I noticed it and observed it.

The other man who was angry has an 18 year old autistic son who is totally malnourished and hunched over and look like POW and got him Vaxxed on his 18th Birthday. Very sad for the boy.

I couldn’t make this up if so tried.

The best thing to say is that I am free to choose, so go ..

Notice how they treat you like your a criminal or that you are wrong and it’s good to remind them that you are certainly not. And there is no right of wrong it’s just a choice. Oh morals, well I’m not religious.
This might explain the anger

Perry Staltic

Be careful what you believe from that guy. There's a LOT of hypothetical speculation floating around, and he's one of the worst offenders.

Lollipop2

Need to follow this up...

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
Something that I’ve been actively doing, is Finding more people that align with my views. Once I do then I make a point to hang out or call them whenever I have a chance. I am fortunate that I work in a place where everyone is against it. But when I leave work I call people that align with my views as well so I constantly know that I have people in my corner.

To sum up this post, don’t be afraid to call people more often for conversation that align with your views. Be social as often as you can with people like this.

Outstanding advice for anyone. Well said ??

Perry Staltic

Thanks for the head’s up.

He's an amateur researcher. Not even a PhD, but he still talks with the same infallible certainty so many of them do. Here's his website. He means well, but he needs to tone it down and make it clear that everything he's claiming is just speculation. This comment by him tells me he's really out of touch with reality. You're always going to come up with wild crazy theories when you think like this.

I find COVID-19, regardless of its origin, to be one of the most complex diseases mankind has ever faced and one that, I believe, induces many rare diseases.

P

Peatness

Our governments are making it up as they go along, Please someone tell them to tone it down!!

P

Peatness

He's an amateur researcher. Not even a PhD, but he still talks with the same infallible certainty so many of them do. Here's his website. He means well, but he needs to tone it down and make it clear that everything he's claiming is just speculation. This comment by him tells me he's really out of touch with reality. You're always going to come up with wild crazy theories when you think like this.

He doesn't hold a PhD? That's it? Sure he should be held to account for his work. But many with PhDs are making a mockery of science and the so called pandemic. There are many on this forum without PhD who know more about science than those advising our governments.

Perry Staltic

He doesn't hold a PhD? That's it? Sure he should be held to account for his work. But many with PhDs are making a mockery of science and the so called pandemic. There are many on this forum without PhD who know more about science than those advising our governments.

My comment about him not having a PhD was solely in relation to his attitude that is like so many PhDs I monitor on twitter. I don't care what his education level is, but just have the sense to speak carefully and circumspectly about unsubstantiated theories and not declare them as undeniable truth.

Ben.

... just have the sense to speak carefully and circumspectly about unsubstantiated theories and not declare them as undeniable truth.

I wish this was a more common attitude amongst "experts" in health matters ...

Lollipop2

Thank you. I agree to find the highest credible sources. I pass this stuff on to a lot of people. I need to be accurate not wrong otherwise I will lose them.

OP
D

DMF

Something that I’ve been actively doing, is Finding more people that align with my views. Once I do then I make a point to hang out or call them whenever I have a chance. I am fortunate that I work in a place where everyone is against it. But when I leave work I call people that align with my views as well so I constantly know that I have people in my corner.

To sum up this post, don’t be afraid to call people more often for conversation that align with your views. Be social as often as you can with people like this.
You work at a place where everyone is against it - you have the dream job !

hei

I'm feeling quite concerned now as I have been told I must get a vaccination to continue working even though I work in a low-risk workplace not covered by the health order. This is despite there being no covid where I live (funny how every possible way of dealing with it ends in mandatory vaccinations). Here in Totalitariaustralia the unvaxxed are now worse than lepers in most places and the others are progressively imposing the same rules, just not quite as fast. It's not like I can just flee to another country anyway but increasingly international travel is not possible without the vaccine.
Of course I will challenge the improper application of the health order but I am not sure what to do after that. I am prepared to be a PITA but there aren't really any legal options.