Im Having Trouble Figuring This Out . Tinnitus And Blurred Vision

goodandevil

Im feeling great, but have a marked blurriness in my left eye, moderate to severe tinnjtus, and headache. I suspect I migh've gotten carried away with t4, but temps are never above 98.5, though my temp did go above 99 when I started syntbroid. Ive heard of dangerous vision pronlblems with cypro. Same with vitamin e, although I dont trust that. I suspect rt3 from too much t4, but possibly also the cypro. Has anyone experienced this? Im taking a break on the t4, dont want to stop the cypro for sleep.

marcar72

Maybe if you post your dietary regimen someone could check that out to see if there's anything missing. Right off the top with those symptoms I'd guess vitamin A deficiency... :2cents

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Ok, well I guzzle milk and oj throughout the day. In addition to that, I ear oysters maybe once a week, fries fried Iin beef tallow, and other miscillaneous meals. I do have retinyl palmitate powder from bulksupplements and ive increased this transdermally the last few days along with pregnenelone. Im not sure how to dose transdermally; I think I'll calculate an internal dose of 25k and try that. I presumed I was getting enough from the milk?

Peata

Could be you are sensitive to the anticholinergenic effects of cyproheptadine.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Yeah I took some cypro again after a couple days off and I seem to be having more difficulty focusing today, vision-wise. My temp today was barely above 97. Ive taken a very small amount of t4 over the past couple of weeks, maybe 5 mcg- would you say it is unlikely I have too much t4 in my system? I crave synthroid. Thank you!

haidut

Forum Supporter
goodandevil said:
Im feeling great, but have a marked blurriness in my left eye, moderate to severe tinnjtus, and headache. I suspect I migh've gotten carried away with t4, but temps are never above 98.5, though my temp did go above 99 when I started syntbroid. Ive heard of dangerous vision pronlblems with cypro. Same with vitamin e, although I dont trust that. I suspect rt3 from too much t4, but possibly also the cypro. Has anyone experienced this? Im taking a break on the t4, dont want to stop the cypro for sleep.

Try adding a little zinc and see if it helps. Some people on the forum claim that high calcium intake will deplete zinc and cause vision problems. I think you'd be a perfect case to prove them right/wrong.

aguilaroja

goodandevil said:
...marked blurriness in my left eye, moderate to severe tinnitus, and headache.... Ive heard of dangerous vision problems with cypro...

Blurred vision and tinnitus are two known side effects of cyproheptadine. The blurred vision is regarded as an anti-cholinergic side effect. (I suspect tinnitus also involves some anti-cholinergic side effects, when related to some anti-histamines.) I have encountered people who have experienced each.

I would recommend ceasing the cyproheptadine promptly. If cyproheptadine is urgently needed, consider tapering down. I recall several situations where a fraction of a cyproheptadine tablet was very helpful.

While cyproheptadine can be very helpful and restorative, there are usually different alternatives that can serve similar functions. Selecting an alternative support depends on metabolic context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprohept ... se_effects

---
One more time:
Let's please avoid shortening cyproheptadine/Periactin to "cypro". There is bound some time when "cypro(heptadine)" is either mis-heard or "spell corrected" to Cipro. Cipro is Ciprofloxacin. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic, with entirely different use and effects from cyproheptadine.

There will be plenty of demands communicating with health care providers. Avoiding extra confusion will help.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

haidut said:
goodandevil said:

Try adding a little zinc and see if it helps. Some people on the forum claim that high calcium intake will deplete zinc and cause vision problems. I think you'd be a perfect case to prove them right/wrong.

Im glad to provide a n=1 sample =) I consumed a whole tin of oysters a couple of days ago and.jt effected no Iimprovements in vision.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

aguilaroja said:
goodandevil said:
...marked blurriness in my left eye, moderate to severe tinnitus, and headache.... Ive heard of dangerous vision problems with cypro...

Blurred vision and tinnitus are two known side effects of cyproheptadine. The blurred vision is regarded as an anti-cholinergic side effect. (I suspect tinnitus also involves some anti-cholinergic side effects, when related to some anti-histamines.) I have encountered people who have experienced each.

I would recommend ceasing the cyproheptadine promptly. If cyproheptadine is urgently needed, consider tapering down. I recall several situations where a fraction of a cyproheptadine tablet was very helpful.

While cyproheptadine can be very helpful and restorative, there are usually different alternatives that can serve similar functions. Selecting an alternative support depends on metabolic context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyprohept ... se_effects

---
One more time:
Let's please avoid shortening cyproheptadine/Periactin to "cypro". There is bound some time when "cypro(heptadine)" is either mis-heard or "spell corrected" to Cipro. Cipro is Ciprofloxacin. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic, with entirely different use and effects from cyproheptadine.

There will be plenty of demands communicating with health care providers. Avoiding extra confusion will help.

Thank you, much appreciated. I believe you are right. Id much rather gjve up the cyproheptadine than synthroid. Thank you again, I love this board!

montmorency

goodandevil said:
Im feeling great, but have a marked blurriness in my left eye, moderate to severe tinnjtus, and headache.

Is the tinnitus totally new?
And does it appear to be from one ear only, or both?
And has your hearing altered at all?

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Definitely new. I took the cyproheptadine sporadically in the beginning, but after a week of continual usage, tbe ringing seemed to get worse. The ringing is bilateral, and is accompanied by slightly diminished hearing, and sometimes moderately diminished hearing. I.took some t4 and felt a little better; my visual focus improved, but the tinnitus persists. It's incessant and becoming very frustrating.

Mittir

What is the dose of Cyproheptadine? RP thinks half mg is strong enough to
show benefits. I started with half mg and slowly increased to 1 mg.
Now i use half to one mg one to two times a day with very good results.

High blood sugar and cortisol can cause blurry vision.
Endotoxin and gut irritation can lead to Tinnitus .
Check if you added any new food or supplement before having
these symptoms. Bad excipient in supplement
can cause considerable health issues.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

A few day off the cyproheptadine and the tinnitus has mkstly abated, however the vision lroblem / eye pain persists. I believe it's related to synthroid, but the mechanjsm escapes me. Could tbe synthroid be supressing endogenius production? My vjt a is good, protein intake. Temps are around 98 I want more synthroid but I.dont think I should take more until I.understand thjs eye pain, difficulty focusing. The painis bilateraI, but worse in left eye. Rp said thyroid eye problems can exist regardless kf hypo, eu, or hyper. I feel like I really want to figure it out. Ive seen that eye problems are common with synthroid and cytomel, but wonder if they would be less on cytomel? Any ideas? Sure is a pita. Thx

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

I shoukd add that my sleep has been horrible, as ive quit weed (again) a week ago. Im hoping calcium from milk and salt is.balancing that, my pupils were a bjt dikated today, so im thinking aldosterone may factor in?

aguilaroja

goodandevil said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95276/ A few day off the cyproheptadine and the tinnitus has mkstly abated, however the vision lroblem / eye pain persists.

Of course, the general forum disclaimers apply about sharing our thoughts for discussion.

Eye pain can be a serious matter, and can possibly be something more urgent than fine tuning the metabolism.

For instance, either than anti-cholinergic effect of the cyproheptadine, or lack of tearing lubrication with reduced sleep could make the cornea more vulnerable. Or there could be an abrasion or injury to the cornea that is unrelated to the recent medication/nutrient changes.

If eye pain is lingering, please think about getting it checked out promptly. Some general descriptions are discussed here:

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/eye-pain.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Thank you for your reply. It does feel quite serious. I tried half a milligram tonight for sleep, and the headache and eye pain is back. I can certainly attest that these are side effects, for ke, of cyproheprltadine, unfortunately. I believe ill look into tianeptine or amitryptymije for sleep. Others users of cypro are forewarned. On a more positive not, the problems resolved completely upon cessation. Thank you all for your help.

tara

Maybe consider riding out the uncomfortable withdrawal - weed takes about three weeks to work it's way out of the system, doesn't it? It might take at least that long to re-establish reasonable homeostasis again after you stop? Mightn't it make sense to give it at least a month before considering whether to add in other drugs drugs to help sort out remaining imbalances?

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

tara said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95789/ Maybe consider riding out the uncomfortable withdrawal - weed takes about three weeks to work it's way out of the system, doesn't it? It might take at least that long to re-establish reasonable homeostasis again after you stop? Mightn't it make sense to give it at least a month before considering whether to add in other drugs drugs to help sort out remaining imbalances?

I appreciate your thoughts. =) I quit last time for four months and still wasnt getting deep sleep. I've read it takes about six months. Ive smoked a prodigious amount of weed in my time. I suppose now is the time I'll have to pay for taking all those Chongers.

The vitamin e really belps with sleep deprivation, at least I can basically function, but my pupils look like mickey mouse's for awhile when I quit; I think from not getting deep sleep. I suppose a month wouldn't hurt =)

Last edited by a moderator:

pboy

theres no withdrawal effect of cannabis that is causing that. The stored metabolites that take a while to leave the body are inactive. Its a common thing with cannabis users to attribute problems upon cessation to withdrawal, but what is actually going on was that those problems are your baseline state and cannabis was simply masking and providing aid to you through them. If you are not under acute stress, the best way to fall asleep naturally is keep all lights off after it gets dark or as its getting dark, have enough blood sugar and glycogen, and stop eating around dark also. Any kind of fermentation in the gut also harms sleep so watch that too, or being too fluid...too much water that isn't tonified keeps you in an excited state like cortisol from low blood sugar does in the same fashion that the body doesn't want to sleep until you've corrected the sugar imbalance, which in the case of cortisol is just lack of sugar, in the case of being too fluid, is an estrogen response to low blood sugar (also cortisol too) but its cause its diluted, not necessarily low but it flags like its low

do you take aspirin, or is the OJ you're drinking commercial? those symptons are kinda common for excessive salicylates, and I had similar years back when I drank commercial OJ in larger quanitites

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom