I'm Getting Hairy

OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

+1

It's been my experience as well

Yep. I've come to the same conclusion that Zinc and B6 would do it. ZMA supplements have been seen to slow hair loss as well. For what it's worth, I think it's more of the topicals I've been using for hair regrowth getting absorbed and making me grow more body hair (Castor Oil, Minoxidil, etc.)

Really, I think it's a metabolic thing. We see the same issues with PCOS. Because of this, one supplement I've been interested in recently is Inositol. It's know to help to normalize the hormonal profiles of PCOS women, but also improve metabolic markers. There are a few studies with men showing the same thing.

GorillaHead

So is zma or zinc working for you guys?

heres the thing ive noticed with zinc. Too much zinc i get joint problems.

interestingly enough sulfur is known to help with joints. Here comes taurine. Taurine apparently stops zinc toxicity.

people have said taurine thickened up their hair

Taurine also increases urinary copper levels.

but theres more here is where things get really interesting. Biotin is apparenrly necessary for zinc homeostasis and tons of people have reported acne and hiristuism using biotin

aging and zinc issues are related.

Can someone with more knowledge chime in so tired of diving deep in pandoras box. Where is the connection in all this

Last edited:

GorillaHead

Here vitamin D reduced hiristuism so maybe calcium really does quiet down the adrenal glands. Although if the OP has been optimizing his calcium levels then I am at a loss why hes getting more body hair

Not only is both biotin and vitamin D high related to zinc but it seems low vitamin D results in less B5 to antagonize biotin. And it seems biotin supplementation increases vitamin D in blood serum somehow?

then theres this study where it shows zinc inhibited 21-hydroxylase. Comparative effects of cadmium, zinc, and lead in vitro on pulmonary, adrenal, and hepatic microsomal metabolism in the guinea pig - PubMed

then there is this drug phenytoin that is known to causes gingival hyperlasia and whats interesting is this condition has been linked with hiristuism and phenytoin deplete vitamin D

Hmm

Calcium lowers prolactin.

so possible treatments for too much body hair :

Calcium
Vitamin D
Magnesium
B6

probably best as a combo?

Is it likely the adrenal gland truly is responsible for issues on our skin/hair.

Last edited:

Broken man

I never had hair on my hands but its growing now alot especially on my right hand. Tests showed high estrogen and low testosterone.

Ben.

I never had hair on my hands but its growing now alot especially on my right hand. Tests showed high estrogen and low testosterone.

The more my health declines the more hair i get everyhwere (only had them on forearms, its traveling up the biceps/triceps now and towards the backside of the hands). They also started growing beyond the length they usually stay at.

It also grows on the **** cheeks/chest stomache and the body hair is darker and thicker all the while the hair on my scalp is thinning. This is so stupid, i need the hair on my head goddamnit. I even got some thick single dark hairs a couple of milimiters underneath the eyes growing. And it defienetly is a sign of aging, the question is, is it normal paced aging or sickness/stress induced accelerated aging. I feel its the latter.

On thoose rare days where i felt like my health was good/where it should be i noticed that it is the opposite, body hair reverts back to not visible, short white hair, length decreases and on the scalp the hair is fuller and thicker.

Idk how precise or complex body hair assesment is for health/hormones judgements but if i had to give an opinion than it is the opposite of what the androgenic crowd in this thread is saying:

Less body hair = feeling healthier/younger

But that is just my experience.

GorillaHead

you might be on to something its all related to what i was posting about earlier.

As for everyone else can we please get some contributors rather than complainers. So much great data in this thread. Few people trying to extrapolate

Ben.

How do you know your health declines and what are you doing to stop / reverse it?

I feel and see it. The already unacceptable baseline turns just more extreme:

Not giving up and trying one thing after the other both phsically and mentally, considering as many options as possible. Dont want to go unecessarily into detail here.

As for everyone else can we please get some contributors rather than complainers. So much great data in this thread. Few people trying to extrapolate

idk how people reporting how they feel when body hair grows is offtopic or "complaining" but w/e.

How did u increase your shbg?
I’m not sure what worked the best exactly. I’ve gave up almost all supplements. I’ve increased my exercise, focused on de-stressing, slight calorie deficit (focusing on fat loss at the moment), and what I believe to be the biggest factor - using a GDA, specifically Berberine.

Main inspiration for this was from PCOS sufferers. Helps improve insulin resistance, stabilise blood sugars (my biggest issue since being a teenager) and improve lipid panel with gut/digestion benefits too.

IVILA

you might be on to something its all related to what i was posting about earlier.

why would you want to increase shbg? Isn't a higher Vitamin D level better?

jaype

I think prolactin and estrogen might be involved. My body is pretty hairy, arms/legs/chest/stomach. i ran some hormonal tests two months ago for the first time ever and my prolactin was 14 and estrogen was a little high too. Total Testosterone was 500 and free T was highish which indicates low shbg. Imo not good.

IVILA

I think prolactin and estrogen might be involved. My body is pretty hairy, arms/legs/chest/stomach. i ran some hormonal tests two months ago for the first time ever and my prolactin was 14 and estrogen was a little high too. Total Testosterone was 500 and free T was highish which indicates low shbg. Imo not good.
this man's dht is high though. You don't know whether your tt is converting to dht or not so that's something to think about. it's most likely high dht, especially if bones and facial hair grow and get thicker as well. You literally turn into a man.

IVILA

Yep. I've come to the same conclusion that Zinc and B6 would do it. ZMA supplements have been seen to slow hair loss as well. For what it's worth, I think it's more of the topicals I've been using for hair regrowth getting absorbed and making me grow more body hair (Castor Oil, Minoxidil, etc.)

Really, I think it's a metabolic thing. We see the same issues with PCOS. Because of this, one supplement I've been interested in recently is Inositol. It's know to help to normalize the hormonal profiles of PCOS women, but also improve metabolic markers. There are a few studies with men showing the same thing.
what's your diet like by the way? what do you eat on a daily basis? Do you workout? Do you get sunlight? What supplements do you take?

iso1

Happy i found this, because i am getting insecure about my body hair which increased suddenly, especially on arms and legs. A lot of new hair sprouted, now my arms are covered with VERY dense and long hair. Interesting fact, I hardly have any hair on my back and few hair my shoulders. Lower back is exception where hair going to a butt. (Terrible) Now there is a reason behind sudden growth. I was taking some supplements over some period which i believe messed up my hormones. Don't want to go into details, but I can 100% tell that my E2 was over the roof. High E2 -> Hypothyroid -> Increased prolactin . Now my e2 is corrected but i really want to get rid of these hair. I always had more hair than average person, which was tolerable for me, but i am really getting uncomfortable now. So just looking for solution, anecdotally licorice seems to help women with hirsutim. Also I remember when I was taking licorice extract orally it thinned out my eyebrows and hair on the chest were falling out a lot. But it can affect scalp hair as well i am afraid.

Last edited:

Kvothe

Happy i found this, because i am getting insecure about my body hair which increased suddenly, especially on arms and legs. A lot of new hair sprouted, now my arms are covered with VERY dense and long hair. Interesting fact, I hardly have any hair on my back and few hair my shoulders. Lower back is exception where hair going to a butt. (Terrible) Now there is a reason behind sudden growth. I was taking some supplements over some period which i believe messed up my hormones. Don't want to go into details, but I can 100% tell that my E2 was over the roof. High E2 -> Hypothyroid -> Increased prolactin . Now my e2 is corrected but i really want to get rid of these hair. I always had more hair than average person, which was tolerable for me, but i am really getting uncomfortable now. So just looking for solution, anecdotally licorice seems to help women with hirsutim. Also I remember when I was taking licorice extract orally it thinned out my eyebrows and hair on the chest were falling out a lot. But it can affect scalp hair as well i am afraid.

Progesterone should be the most effective way, and eating less protein to lower prolactine and increase SHBG. You could also directly apply some progesterone on the areas where the hair annoys you most.

ursidae

I’m a woman applying progesterone on my chin where I developed undesirable hair growth. Why is it getting thicker darker and stronger from progesterone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals