I'm Done Looking For A Method To Lower Body Fat Without Caloric Restriction

Ron J

Hello
I wanted to create a calorie deficit by increasing my metabolism on a high calorie diet, but so far it has been a failure, or I'm eating too much. Aspirin as discussed here, and 1,200mg daily of caffeine(aside from many other things that ramp up my metabolism/thyroid) was a failure as well. My only option is to lower calories.
Also, I think implementing this, with this would make it quite safe.

Andman

I feel ya bro, for a while i felt fine eating ad-libitum (while keeping PUFA as low as possible) but after a few months i ended up getting more and more fat, lethargic and even lost some muscle (i could be wrong on this one, but gym performance def. decreased). My waist size increased to 92cm which is the largest its ever been. Gonna do a PSMF for 2-3 weeks until im down to a reasonable body fat% and reassess from there.

Vinero

What has been most effective for me is choosing leaner cuts of meat and lower-fat versions of dairy. Increasing the percentage of calories from protein and lowering total fat intake.
Carb intake can stay high, just eat lean protein sources. Eating high protein (150 grams) and high carb has resulted in me gaining muscle without doing any exercise while keeping bodyfat low. I can get fat easily simply by eating fatty cheese and a lot of chocolate, so in my experience keeping fat intake low is the key for achieving a lean body.

Andman

What has been most effective for me is choosing leaner cuts of meat and lower-fat versions of dairy. Increasing the percentage of calories from protein and lowering total fat intake.
Carb intake can stay high, just eat lean protein sources. Eating high protein (150 grams) and high carb has resulted in me gaining muscle without doing any exercise while keeping bodyfat low. I can get fat easily simply by eating fatty cheese and a lot of chocolate, so in my experience keeping fat intake low is the key for achieving a lean body.

Soo indirect calorie restriction by restricting intake of the most calorie dense macronutrient basically? :D

OP
R

Ron J

@Andman
@Vinero
I was consuming less than 1g of PUFA on a non-fat diet(milk powder) and high sugar; it caused some stomach discomfort and stools seemed too light, as if it didn't digest properly. I tried higher salt intake(10-15g of sodium), with minor improvements. I later added sat fat, but still had the same issues with improper digestion. What solved the problem was cholesterol, yet I was consuming quite a lot of fructose. Now I'm eating the least amount of fat(containing cholesterol and for vit K absorption) possible and will decrease carbs. I'll keep protein to carb ratio at a 1:2.

Vinero

Soo indirect calorie restriction by restricting intake of the most calorie dense macronutrient basically? :D
That might be the mechanism. It's easy to overeat fat since it tasted good and is high in calories.

fradon

Hello
I wanted to create a calorie deficit by increasing my metabolism on a high calorie diet, but so far it has been a failure, or I'm eating too much. Aspirin as discussed here, and 1,200mg daily of caffeine(aside from many other things that ramp up my metabolism/thyroid) was a failure as well. My only option is to lower calories.
Also, I think implementing this, with this would make it quite safe.

you need to burn what you put in and then some.

you need to ramp up metabolism by cutting fat to 10% and no more than 15% of your diet, protein at 25-30% of diet or .75g per pound of your body weight and the rest eat a plant based diet, vegetables and fruit. by cutting fat your body becomes fat starved, you increase metabolims and you increase insulin sensitvity. fat will slow down metabolims and sometimes too much protein will too.

ddjd

choline. very anti-peat but choline is so important for reversing fatty liver. only the right approach for some people however. I myself am naturally very low in choline so i have to supplement otherwise fatty liver and weight gain is a real issue

OP
R

Ron J

you need to burn what you put in and then some.

you need to ramp up metabolism by cutting fat to 10% and no more than 15% of your diet, protein at 25-30% of diet or .75g per pound of your body weight and the rest eat a plant based diet, vegetables and fruit. by cutting fat your body becomes fat starved, you increase metabolims and you increase insulin sensitvity. fat will slow down metabolims and sometimes too much protein will too.
Currently my fat intake is 17.4%. If lower carbs doesn't work, I'll lower fat to 10%. When I was no-fat, I maintained my weight even with high calories, but I'd like to maximize the fat solubles. Although taurine helps, MK4 without fat might be a waste of money, unless I go the dermal route.
@Joeyd I've been eating several eggs a day, I assume that's enough choline.

T

tca300

Liposuction. Otherwise I dont see how its possible without caloric restriction.
EDIT: I retract my statement, I didn't read the title correctly :crazy:

ddjd

Currently my fat intake is 17.4%. If lower carbs doesn't work, I'll lower fat to 10%. When I was no-fat, I maintained my weight even with high calories, but I'd like to maximize the fat solubles. Although taurine helps, MK4 without fat might be a waste of money, unless I go the dermal route.
@Joeyd I've been eating several eggs a day, I assume that's enough choline.
If you've got a defective PEMT gene like i have, you can't convert the choline into the phosphatidylcholine that you need to reverse fatty liver. Just as a test, try taking a capsule of phosphatidylcholine. Five minutes after ive taken it my stomach shrinks from bloated to completely flat. its amazing.

Wolf

Cold water exposure while in a semi hyperthermic state(read: metabolism boosted to 99-101 temp).

T

tca300

Based on my experience, a calorie deficit diet of skim milk, regular liver, coffee, some salt as a supplement, regular good quality topical vitamin E and half an ounce of macadamia nuts daily in one sitting ( to keep the gallbladder emptying daily ) is the most powerful way I have experimented for fat loss.

Things like aspirin, palmitic acid, too much glycine/gelatin, fructose, high GI carbs etc, seem to slow fat loss. Palmitic acid isn't helpful because it blocks fatty acid oxidation while making you hungry for carbohydrates, making caloric restriction almost unbearable. Things like calcium, caffeine, red light, salt, and walking are great for burning fat, especially when dietary fat is kept low.

Anyways, this is what I have noticed, and is probably best reserved for when one wants to lose weight, then afterwards the diet would be changed to calorie maintenance with foods that encourage sugar rather than fat oxidation. AND AVOID FAT GAIN AGAIN, SO YOU DONT NEED TO LOSE FAT REGULARLY

OP
R

Ron J

@TripleOG Not too active other than weight-lifting 3 times a week. I plan to do some sprints in the near future.
@tca300 What would be considered too much glycine/gelatin?
And thanks for sharing your experiences.

T

tca300

@TripleOG Not too active other than weight-lifting 3 times a week. I plan to do some sprints in the near future.
@tca300 What would be considered too much glycine/gelatin?
And thanks for sharing your experiences.
Over about 4 grams per day ( scattered thoughout the day ) of added glycine from a supplement and or gelatin seemed to be noticeable for myself.

OP
R

Ron J

@ecstatichamster I'm 0 starch, but considering 3 bananas a day, despite the serotonin/starch content.
@tca300 I'm getting more glycine than that. Perhaps low body fat is necessary before ingesting large doses of supplements that prevent fat loss . Have you been in the single digits, or up to 12% body fat while taking the typical supplements that prevent fat loss(aspirin, niacinamide etc.)? Was it as fattening or your weight didn't change due to low body fat/aromatase?

T

tca300

@ecstatichamster I'm 0 starch, but considering 3 bananas a day, despite the serotonin/starch content.
@tca300 I'm getting more glycine than that. Perhaps low body fat is necessary before ingesting large doses of supplements that prevent fat loss . Have you been in the single digits, or up to 12% body fat while taking the typical supplements that prevent fat loss(aspirin, niacinamide etc.)? Was it as fattening or your weight didn't change due to low body fat/aromatase?
Yes I have been and am typically at a lower body fat percentage. I dont really use B3 anymore so I cant comment on using it during weight maintenance, but it definitely slows weight loss for myself. I dont think during maintenance I have ever noticed glycine or any of the other fatty acid oxidation inhibitors causing weight gain. I think they just slow weight loss, or maybe could increase weight gain during a food surplus.

TripleOG

I'm finding LFHC dieting requires a more active approach for fat loss compared to low carb methods. Lifting 3-4x/week isn't enough and focusing on keeping TDEE high yields expected results. Takes more effort. I assume its the trade-off of not relying on around-the-clock high cortisol. Some interesting testimonials if you search high TDEE on Lyle McDonald forums. Reminds me of how I always heard old school bodybuilders dieted.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals