I'm Confused. How Can This Guy Regrew His Hair Despite His Non-Peaty/non-Danny Roddy Diet?

raypeatclips

I think he has just cut his hair around the edges, and on top is a years worth of normal length growth which has bulked it out and made it look thicker. I think someone regrowing hair would be more willing to take more comprehensive pictures.

Luann

Heard @damngood
Sladerunner69, agreed, he's still patchy looking in the final pic.
Iron load, yes, but any way you see it this guy is still an anomaly, if PUFA is the bad stuff we know it to be. Hair growth can be a sign of high estrogen, especially on the head, right? Most women have thicker hair, less tendency to bald, then men? So maybe he polyunsaturated himself into a state of high estrogen?

sladerunner69

Heard @damngood
Sladerunner69, agreed, he's still patchy looking in the final pic.
Iron load, yes, but any way you see it this guy is still an anomaly, if PUFA is the bad stuff we know it to be. Hair growth can be a sign of high estrogen, especially on the head, right? Most women have thicker hair, less tendency to bald, then men? So maybe he polyunsaturated himself into a state of high estrogen?

No no no, excuse me Misss Liubo, I like your reasoning, but I need to clear up that estrogen is not beneficial for hair IN THE LEAST. Have you read much of Danny Roddy's or even Ray Peat's work?

Estrogen is NOT actually a "female" hormone- this is a flawed idea mainstream medicine has disseminated in order to sell estrogen supplements, which are easy to use and may sometimes make one feel better for a short time, but are dangerous, toxic and cancerous, and do nothing for the patient long term. The dangers of high estrogen levels for men and women alike are well documented and discussed on this forum, in Dr. Peat's literature, and elsewhere.

Now, females DO tend to have higher estrogen levels in the blood then men, by a small degree. However, their endocrine systems are set up to balance that out and negate the degenerative effects of estrogen. It is theorized this is due to the stress of gestation and child birth, and physical stress like that will increase estrogen and other bad hormones. Namely, women have much higher progesterone levels, which protects against estrogen. They also tend to have lower cortisol, serotonin, prolactin, and better thyroid function. Men also have much much higher levels of testosterone which freely converts to estrogen in poor conditions.

Progesterone is key here though, and is probably the most important hormone in hair growth, other than perhaps thyroid. I believe it is women's progesterone that keeps their hair in tact, and I have noticed that a lot of women who experience pattern baldness also have other issues like dry skin, acne, and a lot of the times the blood tests reveal that they have elevated estrogen AND testosterone levels (which as mentioned can convert to estrogen easily through aromatase)

Luann

sladerunner69, apparently not the right articles, his basic stuff yes - and nothing by Danny roddy. As well as a lot of PubMed H"crawling".
It is good to know that progesterone and not estrogen or t-level that controls hair growth (at least in your model).

sladerunner69

sladerunner69, apparently not the right articles, his basic stuff yes - and nothing by Danny roddy. As well as a lot of PubMed H"crawling".
It is good to know that progesterone and not estrogen or t-level that controls hair growth (at least in your model).

If you are considering hair/skin/ beauty as a focus in your Peatyology degree, here at Metabolic Energy College, then you should totally read Danny Roddy's book hair like a fox and sign up for his newsletter.... It's what got me started on this fantastic adventure!

sladerunner69

I was under the impression men tend to have better thyroid function because of the increased ability of t4 to t3 conversion due to higher androgens

I haven't come across much on the subject of androgens affecting thyroid levels, although I know dht, androsterone have thyromimmetic effects, as proven by "rat" trials here on the forum.

I think higher progesterone levels which really oppose cortisol and estrogen are probably more signficant in the broader scope... Have you tried 5a-dhp on your rat? It destroys estrogen feels, and that is a chemical that would be naturally higher in females...

TubZy

I haven't come across much on the subject of androgens affecting thyroid levels, although I know dht, androsterone have thyromimmetic effects, as proven by "rat" trials here on the forum.

I think higher progesterone levels which really oppose cortisol and estrogen are probably more signficant in the broader scope... Have you tried 5a-dhp on your rat? It destroys estrogen feels, and that is a chemical that would be naturally higher in females...

Since DHT increases cyclic AMP it should increase thyroid right? Similar to forskolin and caffeine.

Intracellular cAMP increases during the positive inotropism induced by androgens in isolated left atrium of rat. - PubMed - NCBI

Luann

Haha sladerunner, well put. Since cutting PUFA and upping protein, calcium, B vitamins, and digestible carbs, my health is 100% better As of a year ago, still some headaches. 10 a year or so, but mood and curiosity, energy, regularity, sleep, even weight and skin tone, feel better. Peat's research has so much to do with "Pretty-ology" or what you said. Can't hurt to explore further. This may be one of my last posts, for reasons hard to explain, mostly it feels better not to have the distraction of this forum and sometimes the frustration of trying to learn second-hand, insteAd of straight from the (Doctor's) mouth haha. Maybe even some more private looking and data-finding is in order! Well, nutrition can never rest, it's a highly valuable science that ripples into other areas of life and personality, so you and the other members have to keep at it as well, keep learning, and be kind to yourselves. Thanks for all the advice!!!

lvysaur

This may be one of my last posts, for reasons hard to explain, mostly it feels better not to have the distraction of this forum and sometimes the frustration of trying to learn second-hand, insteAd of straight from the (Doctor's) mouth haha.

You'll be back within a week

EIRE24

Haha sladerunner, well put. Since cutting PUFA and upping protein, calcium, B vitamins, and digestible carbs, my health is 100% better As of a year ago, still some headaches. 10 a year or so, but mood and curiosity, energy, regularity, sleep, even weight and skin tone, feel better. Peat's research has so much to do with "Pretty-ology" or what you said. Can't hurt to explore further. This may be one of my last posts, for reasons hard to explain, mostly it feels better not to have the distraction of this forum and sometimes the frustration of trying to learn second-hand, insteAd of straight from the (Doctor's) mouth haha. Maybe even some more private looking and data-finding is in order! Well, nutrition can never rest, it's a highly valuable science that ripples into other areas of life and personality, so you and the other members have to keep at it as well, keep learning, and be kind to yourselves. Thanks for all the advice!!!
So what is your diet like or even lifestyle in regards stress, exercise? My skin took a dip after starting on peat

Luann

Hi EIRE24, it's potatoes, stone fruit, nonfat milk, coffee, sugar, fresh carrot, and two or three three-hundred-mg aspirins every day. With pickles and circus peanuts as preferred snacks (weird, but satisfying!) Try not eating grains for a month, if you haven't already, and see if your skin clears up.

Jon

Well not really sure if there's hair growth there or not BUT the large amount legumes in his diet should provide lots of Folate and Arginine which may increase the beneficial NOS and BH4. Those two will increase blood flow and subsequently skin and hair health=no dandruff and more hair growth.

Elkman

Peaters claim to have widened their skulls, jaws, and cheekbones with a few weeks of a vitamin supplement and provide no pics: nobody bats an eye.

Non-peater makes dietary change over a year and carefully documents hair-regrow with multiple photographic evidence in the exact same lighting: everybody loses their effin mind.

dreamcatcher

Oh god. I had a solid laugh when I saw this. I was following this diet prior to trying some more Peat protocols and ya know what? Little to no shedding on it, dandruff essentially gone, and had two people remark that I was looking "healthier" (i.e. Shiny hair and glowing skin and generally well rested) Peating on the other hand is not going so beautifully on the outside thus far... Still tweaking and learning though and definitely made the beginner's mistake of too much too fast.
You don't want to make the same mistake I did, with my knee length hair.

Back
Top Bottom