I'm afraid to try these Nutrimeds

messtafarian

I know Nutrimeds are the least potent NDT and I am only thinking of taking half a capsule to see how I do. I'm worried because the Thyroid Lady told me NO MEDS and she also told me that more meds could make my "hyperthyroidism" worse.

This is not what RP said at all but I'm still worried. I'm specifically worried I am going to end up in the ER and have to admit I took thryoid I was expressly told I could not have by my endocrinologist. She would have denied me synthetic medication or anything by prescription, not a glandular supplement. But still.

Any advice before I swallow half a capsule of Nutrimeds Porcine Thyroid?

J

j.

Many people consume at most 4mcgs of T3 at once, because that's what the body produces in an hour. How much T3 does your dose have?

I've heard someone mention that if you go hyperthyroid, raw cabbage juice, which has anti-thyroid effects, will counteract some symptoms.

OP
M

messtafarian

Oh, good point!

Never thought of goitrogens, but that is exactly what RP suggested somewhere. I'm trying to think of what else I've got around that's a goitrogen but I might have to just go to the store and get some emergency cabbage. Peanut butter is too PUFA scary.

The problem with nutrimeds is that they don't like to talk about how much active hormone is in their product. They somehow skated around the FDA by calling it a natural food supplement. I bought the half-strength capsules ( 130mg whole thyroid) and I can cut that in half but I still don't know their real ratio.

Peata

IF something did happen and you went to ER, you could tell them you took a natural (thyroid) supplement, since that's what they are apparently marketing it as. Anytime I went to ER or urgent care for an illness, they always just told me to follow up with my physician, they didn't contact them. Of course, if a person was admitted to the hospital, I guess they would notify the doctor. Still, it's your body and your choice of supplement.

4peatssake

messtafarian said:
I know Nutrimeds are the least potent NDT and I am only thinking of taking half a capsule to see how I do. I'm worried because the Thyroid Lady told me NO MEDS and she also told me that more meds could make my "hyperthyroidism" worse.

This is not what RP said at all but I'm still worried. I'm specifically worried I am going to end up in the ER and have to admit I took thryoid I was expressly told I could not have by my endocrinologist. She would have denied me synthetic medication or anything by prescription, not a glandular supplement. But still.

Any advice before I swallow half a capsule of Nutrimeds Porcine Thyroid?
I think your fear of ending up in the ER will have a significant impact.
I also don't think the effects of half a capsule of Nutrimeds is going to tell you very much. There is no magic bullet here and Nutrimeds are not considered a good thyroid supplement.

It took me weeks to get my thyroid dose right, then I had to change it due to increasing sunlight from summer and I'm having to readjust my dose again. It is stressful every time but I know when I hit my target and regular monitoring of temp and pulse is critical, particularly in the early stages.

It's really hard when you're feeling so badly to take baby steps but each step - in the proper order - builds an important foundation.

Diet is the first step. Without adequate nutrition, thyroid supplementation is ill advised. Diet alone would not have worked for me but I was fortunate to work for several months on dietary changes before I began taking thyroid.

I chose to follow RP's advice to me - exactly as he laid it out - and it worked. I am not alone, others have done this too and had tremendous results. I was someone who had not been to a doctor or taken a synthetic drug for 10 years and here I am taking cynoplus and cynomel! A year ago, I would have laughed at the thought of me taking a prescription drug or even an aspirin. But here I am.

"Some dude" (aka Charlie, the admin) has this week's "quote of the week." It's a good one!

"This is not a sprint. It took a long time, generations, to destroy our metabolisms. It would be silly to think we can turn it around completely in a week, couple weeks, even months. We definitely can start getting relief. Especially once you find foods that are not causing your body problems. We have a tough battle ahead of us, to get our health back. Even with the knowledge of knowing what foods are less toxic and metabolically enhancing. We still have to wade through them to find what will work for us as an individual."
- some dude

Mittir

RP also recommended large serving of Liver to slow down thyroid. Here is a RP quote

"Thyroid function stimulates the liver to inactivate estrogen for secretion, so estrogen dominance can create a viscous circle, in which estrogen (or deficient progesterone) blocks thyroid secretion, causing the liver to allow estrogen to accumulate to even higher levels. Progesterone (even one dose, in some cases) can break the cycle. However, if the gland is very big, one person can experience a few months of hyperthyroidism, as the gland returns to normal. It is better to allow the enlarged gland to shrink more slowly by using a thyroid supplement. If an enlarged gland does begin to secrete too much thyroid hormone, it can be controlled with tablets of propylthiouracil, or even raw cabbage or cabbage juice, and cysteine rich meats, including liver"

OP
M

messtafarian

Okay so today I took half a 130 mg capsule of nutrimeds, opened it up and drank it in an espresso cup of water. I feel a little dizzy but suddenly my cold feet and nose are warm! I know that's what they say happens but wow, it really does happen.

Yesterday my pulse rate really crashed and stayed around 70 all day. When I woke up it was a little higher -- maybe 73 or so. An hour after a half capsule of this stuff it's at 81. No palpitations or other really alarming effects so far.

I wanted to say the reason I chose nutrimeds is because everything I've read says this stuff is "weaker" -- probably the weakest available supplement and also contains no other substances like herbal uppers or whatever these people put in capsules to adulterate them. So this is considered to be a "weak" glandular and I took half -- and saw a response in about an hour. I'm going to stay at this dosage and see how I do on half a capsule for a week or so. I still need to know how it's going to interact with different foods, aspirin, extra caffeine, etc.

Warm feet! Wow!

OP
M

messtafarian

oops, not so fast.

Just checked my blood pressure, it's 177/100. I'm deciding if I should take a pill.

OP
M

messtafarian

I took an aspirin, 100mgs of magnesium, 99 mgs of potassium, did two rounds of bag breathing and rechecked it -- 153/87.

Then I had a mug of milk, salt and gelatin:

An hour later: 134/80.

But I'm not sure if it's everything I did or that little shot of thyroid wearing off.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals