I'm A Guy And I LOVE Progesterone

L

lollipop

I take progesterone only. 1 drop AM and 1 drop afternoon. So 2 drops per day = 6mcg.
Which brand of progesterone? If you are using Progest-e, that would be “mg” not “mcg”. Trying to clarify. Thank you.

Quality

Right before using my pregnenolone pills that I bought but havent used yet, what would be a good starting dose (planning on powdering the pill and taking sublingual), im only after the mood boosting effect (by raising progesterone/allopregnanolone in the brain).

They are source naturals 10mg pills, I was thinking about cutting them in 4 pieces, crush the quarters to powder and take 2.5mg sublingual as a starting dose.

Any advice/tips?

Quality

Took 2.5mg pregnenolone sublingual before breakfast, it has a mild calming effect so @ 2hour in, will do this a couple of days, to rule out placebo.

Might move on to a low dose progesterone in the future (as im maily after its MAO-A inducing effects to lower serotonin).
Apparantly pregnenolone affects everyone differently even in the same person the effects can vary depending on the situation one is in (pathway direction depending on its needs I figure).

Quality

Right Im getting pressure on both sides of my head, minor headache like symptoms, this seems to be somewhat common in some people taking pregnenolone after searching through google, what does this say about my system? which pathway is the conversion going and should i try progesterone instead?

I believe this might be due to the fact that I allready seem to have an overactive nmda/glutamate system and pregnenolone has the possibility to potentiate this, reflecting in headaches.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

OP
L

lampofred

I have to work so much harder on optimizing my diet whenever I stop taking this. It's ridiculous how protective of a substance it is.

OP
L

lampofred

what does that mean ?

protective of what .........?

and how does that make you feel ?

Protective of everything...

Mentally, whenever I took progesterone, I was constantly in a state of mild euphoria (but it wasn't a manic kind of euphoria at all, it was a very chill, laid-back kind of bliss), and my decision-making ability was better. Physically, my skin was glowing and my hair was extremely lush. However, it didn't help my ADHD at all, and that was the main reason I ordered some in the first place. Also, I had to take 1200 mg of caffeine daily prior to starting progesterone to curb my hair loss and while I was on progesterone, I stopped the massive caffeine doses, and it didn't have any effect. But now that I've stopped progesterone, I'm having to take high doses of caffeine again, eat 100g of protein, and carefully manage everything again to prevent hair loss (which makes sense because Peat has said caffeine makes up for progesterone if it's concentrations aren't enough)

I'm seriously considering ordering some again for all it's other benefits even though it didn't help my ADHD, but the more I "Peat," the more I find he's exactly right on basically everything, and since he says it's feminizing to take progesterone in the long-run, I'm not sure if it's something I want to do.

johnwester130

Protective of everything...

Mentally, whenever I took progesterone, I was constantly in a state of mild euphoria (but it wasn't a manic kind of euphoria at all, it was a very chill, laid-back kind of bliss), and my decision-making ability was better. Physically, my skin was glowing and my hair was extremely lush. However, it didn't help my ADHD at all, and that was the main reason I ordered some in the first place. Also, I had to take 1200 mg of caffeine daily prior to starting progesterone to curb my hair loss and while I was on progesterone, I stopped the massive caffeine doses, and it didn't have any effect. But now that I've stopped progesterone, I'm having to take high doses of caffeine again, eat 100g of protein, and carefully manage everything again to prevent hair loss (which makes sense because Peat has said caffeine makes up for progesterone if it's concentrations aren't enough)

I'm seriously considering ordering some again for all it's other benefits even though it didn't help my ADHD, but the more I "Peat," the more I find he's exactly right on basically everything, and since he says it's feminizing to take progesterone in the long-run, I'm not sure if it's something I want to do.

were you taking vitamin D and gelatin with it ? That also has excellent synergy

cyclops

and since he says it's feminizing to take progesterone in the long-run, I'm not sure if it's something I want to do.

Did he mention a dose that is feminizing in the long run? Or is that at any dose? Meaning a male should not be taking progesterone daily indefinitley, even in the smallest amounts.

marsaday

Its been 3 years in april for me on progesterone. Was on 2 drops per day and in the last 3 months i am now on 1 drop per day. I haven't seen any feminising effects.

InChristAlone

Are any of the men concerned that not cycling on and off is creating more issues? For women Peat always said to cycle progesterone, but I wonder if that has more to do with not screwing up the cycle.

marsaday

I think ray says to cycle it a little because the liver gets good at processing it out, so you don't actually get the benefits. I have noticed this and have stopped for a few days every so often. I find i do get tired eventually and so i start again and feel good.

cyclops

One time I took 2 drops of Progestene and I got so euphoric, maybe I got that feeling 2-3 times actually. That was like 2 years ago. Since then I never felt anything using it again, despite taking long breaks. Weird.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals