I'm 27 Male And I Just Bought Progesterone

jitsmonkey

Your very first post which wasn't in reply to either me or Benjamin had the sarcastic "But heck this is the Ray Peat forum, ignoring Ray Peat's basic and simple recommendations is a way of life. Rock on bruh." But I'm not really trying to get into get into one of those lame online arguments though so sorry if anything I said offended you, and yeah I agree pregnenolone is a better first step for young men over progesterone.

Oh I apologize that wasn't intended as sarcasm
The statement was intended as a factual comment
the "rock on bruh" was to soften the blow
my bad.

Heck I think if there were advertising for RPF
"ignoring Ray Peat's basic and simple recommendations as a way of life."
would be a great tag line.

jitsmonkey

Oh I apologize that wasn't intended as sarcasm
The statement was intended as a factual comment
the "rock on bruh" was to soften the blow
my bad.

Heck I think if there were advertising for RPF
"ignoring Ray Peat's basic and simple recommendations as a way of life."
would be a great tag line.

and I do apologize @Iampofred I have enjoyed many of your contributions.
I was being snarky but wasn't intending it as a personal attack and it ultimately came off that way.

Ray has consistently over and over and over recommended pregnenolone as a first stop before progesterone for young men.
Especially if they are without serious illness.
But heck this is the Ray Peat forum, ignoring Ray Peat's basic and simple recommendations is a way of life.
Rock on bruh.

I've tried pregnenolone and it doesn't work the same as progesterone. For body pain and other stress related things, progesterone does a much better job.

lampofred

and I do apologize @Iampofred I have enjoyed many of your contributions.
I was being snarky but wasn't intending it as a personal attack and it ultimately came off that way.

no worries, your advice at its core was 100% true

Dhair

Ray has consistently over and over and over recommended pregnenolone as a first stop before progesterone for young men.
Especially if they are without serious illness.
But heck this is the Ray Peat forum, ignoring Ray Peat's basic and simple recommendations is a way of life.
Rock on bruh.
Ray has also said that he doesnt know of a single quality pregnenolone product that is available today.
Danny Roddy uses 100mg topical progesterone with no anti-androgenic effects. He uses DHEA with it as well. Ray told me that he uses topical progesterone and DHEA and implied that he uses it this way because he does not trust the pregnenolone products on the market today.

tara

Unless there's a crisis/emergency going SLOW is your friend when it comes to these things.
+1
about progesterone and he said it's helpful for short-term use (with the added note that using large amounts for too long a time period will antagonise testosterone).
I think he's also said that if you used it every day, especially in larger amounts, the liver tends to become more efficient at eliminating it. This is one of the reasons he recommend women cycle our use of progesterone unless symptoms are too severe to take breaks from it. I imagine that males livers might behave similarly.

Tenacity

+1

I think he's also said that if you used it every day, especially in larger amounts, the liver tends to become more efficient at eliminating it. This is one of the reasons he recommend women cycle our use of progesterone unless symptoms are too severe to take breaks from it. I imagine that males livers might behave similarly.

I suspect that male livers are even more efficient than female livers at excreting progesterone, as they seem to be more efficient at excreting estrogen than female livers.

3mgs on the lips per day see how it goes, its been advised to take 10-15mgs for 10 days then stop, the concern is antagonising androgens, can be taken with dhea to help mitigate this risk. last week I took around 100mgs of progest e out of curiosity.
i've taken decent sized doses of progestE for a couple months because it was the only thing to help with stress and pain. I see people warn against taking it too much but it hasn't made me grwo breasts or anything. DHEA is too hard to dose which is why I haven't taken it with progestE. I assume there aren't really any health dangers tho, just that you might "feminize"

Herbie

@debored13

Has it helped with stress and pain?

I bought progest e initially because pregnenolone was not easy to get a pure source and testosterone is out of the question in the country I recide. After taking the 100mg on skin, the first two days I didn’t get morning wood but the third day was back to daily. I started using pansterone recently with random monthly or so progesterone dosages, I’m healing a spinal injury where I was only able to stand for a few minutes before high pain levels.

@debored13

Has it helped with stress and pain?

I bought progest e initially because pregnenolone was not easy to get a pure source and testosterone is out of the question in the country I recide. After taking the 100mg on skin, the first two days I didn’t get morning wood but the third day was back to daily. I started using pansterone recently with random monthly or so progesterone dosages, I’m healing a spinal injury where I was only able to stand for a few minutes before high pain levels.
yeah it helped with stress and pain, sometimes inconsistently but overall helped. But not in a way that was curative or stimulated some autopoeitic process of healing, i continued to need the same amount and still be sick once it wore off

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals