Ignorance Is Bliss

LUH 3417

O

I find it very difficult to find one in a hospital setting. The ones that are not dogmatic, they more likely pretend to be like other doctors to keep themselves from being stigmatized by their peers and superiors. They will not initiate patient-harming protocols, will be Hippocratic and conservative in approach, and are receptive of patient suggestions that bear hallmarks of knowledgeable thought and not fancy internet memes. They're valuable finds and I tell them how much I appreciate their approach and would not hesitate to have them consult on my health.

The rest are not in the hospital setting. Not that all doctors not affiliated with hospitals are good. Some are blatant victimizers of patients and just milk patients while harming them, even worse than in hospital.

For that reason, I feel stuck having to be in a hospital setting. Many decades of suppression by mainstream medicine, together with a litigious system, has made it difficult for well-meaning and knowledgeable doctors to thrive. That the insurance system has made these doctors unaffordable makes the economics of their survival a challenge. An endangered or extinct kind.

The metrics that drive excellence in patient care are not there. The system does not reward efficiency. It rewards the lack of thought and the mechanistic troubleshooting approach that make doctors resemble technicians, who simply follow directions for uniformity. The conformity is for robots. Not for humans.
That is exactly how I feel. I can't speak for medical school but nursing education has been reduced to
I totally agree, and the only way that this will ever happen is with a grassroots movement of commited individuals who keep educating people to wake them up. I think that the current medical system will eventually implode as it becomes less and less viable as time goes on.

------------------------------------------

Radio Show: Health Insurance…

Could Health Insurance Kill You?

Dr. Jennifer Daniels MBA comes in handy here as she presents facts which support the cost/benefit statistical analysis in regard to individual health insurance. I used to think that our insurance coverage was a great thing.

Dr. Daniels refers to the coercive Obamacare as "extortion." For example, one spouse as a single breadwinner in the family makes say $100,000. Immediately Obamacare forces them to pay $25,000. Next federal taxes extort, even in best case senario with tax exemptions, a minimum of $30,000 (and most taxpayers don't want to suport the war machine, foreign military bases, bankster bailouts and bailins). More than half of the income is wiped out and we haven't even added on the state taxes. Think California! There is barely enough for the family to survive.

So this means that the spouse must work, and they will also extort as much as possible here too. No homeschooling is possible. People are worried about job security and this increases stress.

People under Medicare and Medicade, who are most vulverable, get hurt because the system is full of governmental corruption. War veterans, the elderly, and the disabled are told that they are undeserving, and the budgets must be cut because they need more allocations for the war killing machine.

If this keeps upand isn't stopped, who will be left to support the system at all?
Just want to add two articles popularized in the media recently about health care for the 1%. They are sci-fi like in the way they read.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/money-and-power/a9202324/science-of-longevity/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/business/economy/high-end-medical-care.html?_r=0

Marg

From Town & Country

"Take Dave Asprey, a former top executive in a company that operated Google’s and Facebook’s first computer servers and who later created Bulletproof Coffee. He now spends three minutes five to six days a week in a $50,000 tank of air chilled to –270 degrees Fahrenheit, which he says increases the density of his mitochondria (the power plants in all living cells). Asprey also enjoys doing cardio with various parts of his body strapped into plastic sleeves full of ice water in a machine called a Vasper, he breathes 100 percent oxygen, he sits in an infrared sauna, and he plays ping-pong against a robot. “Rapid movement where you’re crossing from one side of the body to the other re-patterns your brain,” he says.

Asprey's regimen costs him more than $1 million."

------------------------
I think that Asprey and all the rest of them are from the elite bloodlines to begin with. Town & Country is a good vehicle to display to the public all the advances in life extension and in a way tease us also. Only the most naive would believe that these advances would be given to the masses in place of the current medical system, nestled in the curent politcal structure.

My guess is that these elites are using refinement of electrical healing, in which Dr. Robert O. Becker gave illustrations of organ regeneration. They probably have lots of healing modalities using ancient knowledge along with new innovation.

The public could only gain this life extension and enhancement knowledge in the construction of a new age of enlightenment.

LUH 3417

From Town & Country

"Take Dave Asprey, a former top executive in a company that operated Google’s and Facebook’s first computer servers and who later created Bulletproof Coffee. He now spends three minutes five to six days a week in a $50,000 tank of air chilled to –270 degrees Fahrenheit, which he says increases the density of his mitochondria (the power plants in all living cells). Asprey also enjoys doing cardio with various parts of his body strapped into plastic sleeves full of ice water in a machine called a Vasper, he breathes 100 percent oxygen, he sits in an infrared sauna, and he plays ping-pong against a robot. “Rapid movement where you’re crossing from one side of the body to the other re-patterns your brain,” he says.

Asprey's regimen costs him more than $1 million."

------------------------
I think that Asprey and all the rest of them are from the elite bloodlines to begin with. Town & Country is a good vehicle to display to the public all the advances in life extension and in a way tease us also. Only the most naive would believe that these advances would be given to the masses in place of the current medical system, nestled in the curent politcal structure.

My guess is that these elites are using refinement of electrical healing, in which Dr. Robert O. Becker gave illustrations of organ regeneration. They probably have lots of healing modalities using ancient knowledge along with new innovation.

The public could only gain this life extension and enhancement knowledge in the construction of a new age of enlightenment.
Yes while they give the rest of us vaccines against drug addiction. Sorry what's next - immunizing against pregnancy? Oh wait that's already happening

Anti-Drug Vaccine Animation

Badger

Indeed, the system has been refined to satisfy the what this "immortal monster" wants, but it needs a medium through which to function, which is culture. Simple examples: in much of Switzerland, where I have been many times, having friends there, on Sundays most businesses are closed. Used to be the case in the US with the "blue laws," though in much of the rural south of the US, most busineses are closed, even though there is no law prohibiting them to be open. In the cities of Switzerland, almost all businesses, excepting food stores and restaurants, close down for a 2 hour lunch break. They lock the doors and everybody takes a relaxing, leisurely lunch. One could imagine such practices impact money-making, lessening it, but the culture there dictates other values besides money-making. In much of Europe, people take 5 week vacations. Again, such is not conducive to the financial interests of business owners for whom profit-making is the only absolute value, with every other value relative to it, but here again, culture trumps money-making. Culture in such instances curbs and restrains the promptings of the "immortal monster", while in other cases, such as in the US, culture promotes and intensifies the cravings this monster is trying to satisfy. (Though, as implied in the blue laws, not always.)

I'm not sure it's the culture that accepts it. The problem is species-wide- just being human and easily manipulated by a system that has refined itself throughout mankind's history to deceive it. The system is what the Chinese call a "wisened old immortal monster" that can use mankind's weaknesses and fears to its benefit. It is very subtle, and can convince good people to do evil deeds without their knowing it. It is a mass hypnotic state, where people act normal and think normal that belies a zombified inner mind. Without the tubes that suck our energy to power the system, we are still like the humans in the Matrix, used by a system. In our context, the system is hungry for profit, and our chronic sickness feeds that profit. We give life to a profit system that feeds on our misery.

Badger

The problem is not the presence of profit, it is, as I allude to in response to another post, that profit-making is the only value that matters or is relevant, the only absolute value. Everything else is relative to it, is organized - around this absolute, to serve it, including government. If profit were not a moral absolute, or it was compelled to takes its place with and be restrained by other moral absolutes that are humane and spiritual, there would be no need to focus on it as a fundamental issue. But we live in a decadent, sick and dysfunctional culture. Almost everything going on in this culture supports this absolute. And the system, in order to maintain this absolute to increase profit-making, is really a system that is nothing less than a control network, as one writer aptly puts it:

"The agricultural complex (taking nutrition out and putting poison in while selling obesity), the medical complex (killing and sterilizing with vaccines and toxic prescriptions), the energy complex, the education and prison complexes, and the military-industrial complex, are all control networks. Religions and labor unions and the media are all integrated into this control network. JFK and MLK were assassinated by rogue elements of their own government but as the saying goes, don’t ask which mind controlled person did the shooting, ask who paid for the bullet. The bankers paid for the bullet in both cases — JFK and MLK were “bad for business” as the 1% chooses to define it." Review: The Failure of America’s Foreign Wars

Yes indeed, JFK, MLK, etc. were heretics defying the God of Profit, "bad for business." If you get in the way of these control networks, such as Dr Daniels and them, it will destroy or try to destroy you. Sometimes it succeeds, or at least partially, sometime not, but it will never fail to try.

Profit really shouldn't be given the rap for the failed system. It's a profit motive plus government regulation that makes the system so corrupt. Seriously, I can't think of a better motive to have for a doctor then profit. Can anyone? If profit was at the core of medicine we could have a creative system where maybe you only pay your doctor when you are healthy, and stop when you get sick. Or something else. People could innovate and we would all be better.

Tarmander

The problem is not the presence of profit, it is, as I allude to in response to another post, that profit-making is the only value that matters or is relevant, the only absolute value. Everything else is relative to it, is organized - around this absolute, to serve it, including government. If profit were not a moral absolute, or it was compelled to takes its place with and be restrained by other moral absolutes that are humane and spiritual, there would be no need to focus on it as a fundamental issue. But we live in a decadent, sick and dysfunctional culture. Almost everything going on in this culture supports this absolute. And the system, in order to maintain this absolute to increase profit-making, is really a system that is nothing less than a control network, as one writer aptly puts it:

"The agricultural complex (taking nutrition out and putting poison in while selling obesity), the medical complex (killing and sterilizing with vaccines and toxic prescriptions), the energy complex, the education and prison complexes, and the military-industrial complex, are all control networks. Religions and labor unions and the media are all integrated into this control network. JFK and MLK were assassinated by rogue elements of their own government but as the saying goes, don’t ask which mind controlled person did the shooting, ask who paid for the bullet. The bankers paid for the bullet in both cases — JFK and MLK were “bad for business” as the 1% chooses to define it." Review: The Failure of America’s Foreign Wars

Yes indeed, JFK, MLK, etc. were heretics defying the God of Profit, "bad for business." If you get in the way of these control networks, such as Dr Daniels and them, it will destroy or try to destroy you. Sometimes it succeeds, or at least partially, sometime not, but it will never fail to try.

I am not sure this really makes sense to me. Do you think there is an actual basis for putting profit motive below some humane/spiritual motive? Why would the later be better necessarily? I do not think that conclusion can be easily drawn, even though it might seem obvious.

I think the point I am really trying to make though is that whatever motivation propels many of the actors in the medical establishment, it is only pathological because of using govt's monopoly on violence. I know this because if you take a few actors whose highest motivation is profit, and I take away all the regulations, they cause so little damage as not to really matter. Like literally imagine the most atheistic, cut throat, narcissistic doctor who is only out to make a buck, and he will still have to provide value to survive without a govt system. Does that make sense?

Badger

The basis: greed. Human nature at the lower end of the scale. Not that I support this, I don't. Sure humane would be better, if it heals people and keeps them from unnecessary death. I can't imagine why a humane/spiritual focus would not be better if the primary objective is people and not profits.

Faulting the government, finding it the the primary bad guy, evades the fact of the revolving door: government employees go into industry while industry people goes into government, and then go back where they came from. Repeat cycle. I see government itself as just another business that makes money just like official businesses, with the distinction between business and government being mostly artificial. And even if you can't buy this literally, the quote I cited about the control network means everybody in that network is connected to everyone else in it. Members of it benefit others in it in order to benefit themselves. Hence distinguishing business from government is passe, it's merely a distraction from the truth of what they really are. The real distinction is NOT between government and business, it's between those in the control network and those who are not. You can be in that network whether you are in business or government, it does not matter, it's irrelevant. As George Carlin said, its a club, and you (and me) ain't in it.

You said, "I know this because if you take a few actors whose highest motivation is profit, and I take away all the regulations, they cause so little damage as not to really matter." I wonder how you "know" this, are so certain? Where's proof? My read on the history of most human societies is that regulations have their place, people needs some rules. I emphatically agree this is not true when regulations are enormous, too complex, and terribly burdensome. But this happens because members of the control network want it to happen, because they financially benefit from it, not because regulations as such exist. The non-illusory target is excessive and extreme regulation, but only if it is understood that it's a direct and indirect product of the machinations of the control network, which is the real enemy behind all other enemies. And if you want to go further down the rabbit hole and ask, who is behind the control network? Ok with me if you said the Devil himself. But you don't have to say this.

I am not sure this really makes sense to me. Do you think there is an actual basis for putting profit motive below some humane/spiritual motive? Why would the later be better necessarily? I do not think that conclusion can be easily drawn, even though it might seem obvious.

I think the point I am really trying to make though is that whatever motivation propels many of the actors in the medical establishment, it is only pathological because of using govt's monopoly on violence. I know this because if you take a few actors whose highest motivation is profit, and I take away all the regulations, they cause so little damage as not to really matter. Like literally imagine the most atheistic, cut throat, narcissistic doctor who is only out to make a buck, and he will still have to provide value to survive without a govt system. Does that make sense?

Tarmander

The basis: greed. Human nature at the lower end of the scale. Not that I support this, I don't. Sure humane would be better, if it heals people and keeps them from unnecessary death. I can't imagine why a humane/spiritual focus would not be better if the primary objective is people and not profits.

Greed? Lowest end of the scale? Under the profit motive (assume voluntary), I must see to your needs, as you define them, or not make profit. Under a spiritual sense of duty, or a love for humanity, etc, I may only see to your needs as I see fit, and those might not be aligned. What if you see me as a divine human that must be respected, but I really want you to spank my **** and call me Shirley, which is not in your belief system about humans. The profit motive would reliably see to this need.

I am not saying I have definitively shown profit>spirituality, but just because you "can't imagine" why spirituality may be inferior to the profit motive does not mean it is in the realm of possibility, even probability. In my daily life I trust people looking for profit in some ways that I do not trust a spiritual person.

You said, "I know this because if you take a few actors whose highest motivation is profit, and I take away all the regulations, they cause so little damage as not to really matter." I wonder how you "know" this, are so certain? Where's proof? My read on the history of most human societies is that regulations have their place, people needs some rules. I emphatically agree this is not true when regulations are enormous, too complex, and terribly burdensome. But this happens because members of the control network want it to happen, because they financially benefit from it, not because regulations as such exist. The non-illusory target is excessive and extreme regulation, but only if it is understood that it's a direct and indirect product of the machinations of the control network, which is the real enemy behind all other enemies. And if you want to go further down the rabbit hole and ask, who is behind the control network? Ok with me if you said the Devil himself. But you don't have to say this.

Well, I am open to some individual proving me wrong. But so far when I total up govt death and mayhem vs private death and mayhem...well I do not see much comparison. I suppose that is not a proof, but it's a pretty strong case that an individual in an unregulated market without the govt power of monopoly and guns cannot cause a ton of trouble without being dealt with relatively quickly. I try and think of the worst people I can who were not affiliated with armies and govt and I come up with like Jeffrey Dahmer recently, and he killed like 15? There were probably worse figures if you go outside the 1900s.

I think though that you do not draw the same line I do between voluntary and involuntary. The way you write, I am guessing you would put global corporations, govts, the Church, and other historical organizations all in the same bucket and call it "power," or something. But America really introduced something new, which separated economics from govt. It has become worse since the 1800s and early 1900s in that regard.

Rafe

Wow, that Town & Country article is seriously manic.
"I'm going to live to be 180!"
"There are a bunch of things we are going to have to do!"
"Senescent cells ooze yucky stuff!"
"Should we study them? Should we hate them?"
"Dave Asprey freezes his lungs!"
"Send more dump trucks of munny."

Halp.
I thought I had just snorted some massively pure cocaine in really bad company. Which is funny b/c I've never snorted cocaine.
BTW I'm pretty sure there's no space for a rational person to have even the most uneasy compromises with hospital medicine. Ivan Illich called it "garaging" human beings while robbing them of a type of self-understanding ("suffering").
But I am sure that when you think more clearly b/c you've been eating better that calling it out becomes an imperative. You can't not do it.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

The more we see the disconnect between living healthy and happy and the way we have been given little choice by the system, thru childhood vaccinations, misinformation on what is healthy and not (the "heart-healthy"ness of PUFAs by the AMA), the miseducation of the doctor class, and the prolongation of stress and disease by medical procedures, I can not have any reason to believe that this disconnect is deliberately malevolent.

When you reach a certain state of health, and are full of energy, it is as if a dark cloud has been lifted. Your potential is given a new lease, and you can do something positive. When you are not alone in this state of being, you are able to make even more of a difference.

From being vaccinated to childhood to being served harmful foods to being prescribed drugs, we are being herded slowly like sheep and cattle into a needy and submissive state, requiring help from the government. We become utter dependents of the state.

This can be seen and felt in the health insurance crisis we face. Where once our basic needs used to be food, shelter, and clothing. We now have to add this modern monstrous construct - health insurance.

Be healthy, make others as healthy, and this joke called health insurance, can be exorcised from the face of the earth.

We need accident insurance, fire insurance, flood insurance, because it makes sense. Premiums are low and it helps us when we meet that occasional misfortune. Health insurance is not insurance. It is a gun pointed towards our head, pretending to be something it isn't.

Badger

"Greed? Lowest end of the scale? Under the profit motive (assume voluntary), I must see to your needs, as you define them, or not make profit. Under a spiritual sense of duty, or a love for humanity, etc, I may only see to your needs as I see fit, and those might not be aligned. What if you see me as a divine human that must be respected, but I really want you to spank my **** and call me Shirley, which is not in your belief system about humans. The profit motive would reliably see to this need."

I am not against making a profit or entering relationships that entails profits for myself or for another. Am not a socialist or communalist of any sort. But I am against organizing all of life and laws and culture around profit and money making as the supreme value. The excesses and harm that continuously drive towards making this happen - stemming from various typical human vices, such as greed - is tempered or restrained by a healthy culture, as I stated before. So go ahead, you can make your profit, but the culture, as aided by laws and government and spiritual values (also when all of this is healthy), insures you're not going to make a bloody profit selling drugs or porn to my ten your old boy, say. Or, as is the case of some non-western cultures, you won't be making a profit selling alcohol to anyone. Make a profit, but submit to limits of how you do it. If you don't like the limits imposed by a given culture, find another culture to live in.

"I am not saying I have definitively shown profit>spirituality, but just because you "can't imagine" why spirituality may be inferior to the profit motive does not mean it is in the realm of possibility, even probability. In my daily life I trust people looking for profit in some ways that I do not trust a spiritual person."

I am speaking in terms of hypothetical ideals. Spirituality, like anything, can be abused, sometimes terribly. When it's engaged at the level that its standards finds acceptable, it's always superior. But that's really not the issue, because in practical terms, it's often impossible to judge that those we are dealing with always maintain high spiritual standards, hence you rely on cultural norms, laws, community enforcement, etc. to minimize abuse and fraud. That's been my point from the get-go. Also, it's not only a matter of being vigilant to abuse and injustice. Cultural norms enable clarity on issues that may be ambiguous in the course of making a profit. Example: "I can't sell you anything on Saturday because it's the sabbath, but I realize you are very ill and you need medicine and you can't wait until Sunday." This is not a matter of abuse of a financial exchange, it's simply trying to clarify rules that don't always take every contingency into account. And one last point: someone "seeing to your needs," that is how to define those needs and how they are understood by both parties, is also culturally mediated, whether one likes it or not. "Needs" never arise in a cultural vacuum.

"Well, I am open to some individual proving me wrong. But so far when I total up govt death and mayhem vs private death and mayhem...well I do not see much comparison. I suppose that is not a proof, but it's a pretty strong case that an individual in an unregulated market without the govt power of monopoly and guns cannot cause a ton of trouble without being dealt with relatively quickly. I try and think of the worst people I can who were not affiliated with armies and govt and I come up with like Jeffrey Dahmer recently, and he killed like 15? There were probably worse figures if you go outside the 1900s."

This is naive and oblivious to reality. Governments would be nothing and powerless without munitions, guns, bombs, vehicles and innumerable hardware platforms to bring about death and destruction. It also needs mundane things, like uniforms, food, clothing, shelter. The private sector - business - eagerly supplies all those things to governments, for the former's profit, which benefits the latter's lust for conquest and power, at the extreme cost and immiseration to the rest of us. Government and business, if I can make a distinction that I don't think is real, as I have said, are both blameworthy. The US is the largest arms manufacturer in the world, and has been for a long time. But this just goes back to what I said about business and government all being connected into a very tightly-wound control network. You can't - binary-style - separate out one from the other in any meaningful way where differences between them can be found that really matter. Though sometimes ordinary people benefit from this network. Roosevelt was able to get the backing of business to implement the Civilian Conservation Corps because he helped them to see that CCC workers needed food, shelter, and clothing to conduct their work, and supplying those needs made profits for business. And personally, I am very glad this was done, as I don't think my father, who joined the CCC, would have survived the Great Depression without it, and I would not be here. And I benefited another way: I, like many people, have hiked and camped in several of the parks he took part in building as a member of the CCC.

"The way you write, I am guessing you would put global corporations, govts, the Church, and other historical organizations all in the same bucket and call it "power," or something."

For clarity's sake, these are distinct things in themselves. The DOJ is not the Catholic Church. Two entirely distinct organizational entities. But these distinct organizational entities are networked, that is, closely connected and bound to each other. On one hand, they derive great value in maintaining their own institutional identity while, on the other hand, they get even greater value in aiding, assisting and "covering" for each other when circumstances require it, inside their tightly bound network. So when a bunch of pederast priests, to use a very simple example, get arrested, the bishop's network to law enforcement insures these priests avoid long sentences and publicity. When the police need information on somebody they are pursuing who is a Catholic, they go to the bishop to get information. Multiple these networked interactions trillions of times, for all organization, business and government, and you're seeing the control network at work. Its' not a "bucket," which is not illustrative of a network. Rather, as I said before, it's a gigantic club, and you and me are not in it.

"But America really introduced something new, which separated economics from govt."

I'd love think this was true about early American government, but don't know enough of this history to be sure. But if it was, the severing of government and economics or business certainly has been fixed, repaired for quite a while now, at least since the Civil War. For reasons I gave, they are a unified entity now more ever before in US history. With all those billionaires appointed to Trump's cabinet, I fully expect that unity to be bound ever tighter in ways that will impoverish much more the people who voted for him - who believed his populist rhetoric.

Greed? Lowest end of the scale? Under the profit motive (assume voluntary), I must see to your needs, as you define them, or not make profit. Under a spiritual sense of duty, or a love for humanity, etc, I may only see to your needs as I see fit, and those might not be aligned. What if you see me as a divine human that must be respected, but I really want you to spank my **** and call me Shirley, which is not in your belief system about humans. The profit motive would reliably see to this need.

I am not saying I have definitively shown profit>spirituality, but just because you "can't imagine" why spirituality may be inferior to the profit motive does not mean it is in the realm of possibility, even probability. In my daily life I trust people looking for profit in some ways that I do not trust a spiritual person.

Well, I am open to some individual proving me wrong. But so far when I total up govt death and mayhem vs private death and mayhem...well I do not see much comparison. I suppose that is not a proof, but it's a pretty strong case that an individual in an unregulated market without the govt power of monopoly and guns cannot cause a ton of trouble without being dealt with relatively quickly. I try and think of the worst people I can who were not affiliated with armies and govt and I come up with like Jeffrey Dahmer recently, and he killed like 15? There were probably worse figures if you go outside the 1900s.

I think though that you do not draw the same line I do between voluntary and involuntary. The way you write, I am guessing you would put global corporations, govts, the Church, and other historical organizations all in the same bucket and call it "power," or something. But America really introduced something new, which separated economics from govt. It has become worse since the 1800s and early 1900s in that regard.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I am in nursing school with the sole goal of becoming a midwife. I would never trust a doctor or nurse to care for me after my experience in nursing school. It's blatant brainwashing, coercion, and so little hands on experience. I told my class mate salt was necessary and good for you and she looked at me like I was crazy. I've watched instructors force suctioning on patients just to demonstrate to students what it looks like even after the patient said they did not want suctioning and did not need it. I've watched patients who have not had a BM for two weeks cry on a bedside commode because the nurses and doctors just would not leave them alone to have the peace needed to take a proper ***t. I've watched both doctors and nurses embarrass and patronize patients relentlessly and treat people their grandparents age as if they are mindless children. No one is immune to mistreatment in hospitals. It's all part of the culture. When students raise questions about the controversy around vaccines we are automatically shot down and told "you just tell them their child will die if they don't get vaccinated." Ironically though they constantly drill the mantra to be a good nurse you need to know critical thinking.
I totally get you. I worked for a Fortune 500 corporation. I get paid well for practically taking orders from the top. The only escape I had was to kill my day going kayaking with my cellphone on, knowing there was so much time to kill. I finally offered to leave when there was a package of voluntary separation. It's even worse for you because lives are in your hands, and you can't take it. Many doctors and nurses get drawn in the profession thinking they can make the world better, and once they have invested and borrowed for this education, and gotten married and have kids, they are trapped into the hospital rat race where patients are just profit centers, no longer someone's wife, husband, child, mom, or dad. They just look forward to the day they can retire. "It's for the children" makes their situation no different from an SS officer. The hospital is a peacetime pogrom.

This current state of affairs was predicted 200 years ago:

“Unless we put Medical Freedom in the Constitution, the time will come when Medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship…..to restrict the art of healing to one class of men, and deny equal privilege to others, will be to constitute the Bastille of Medical Service…… As such laws are un-American and despotic and have no place in a Republic. The Constitution of the Republic should make a special privilege for Medical Freedom"

Benjamin Rash, M.D., The Surgeon General Continental Army, 1777 Signatory, Declaration of Independence.
What foresight. He probably saw that coming, what with the dentists for mercury winning over the dentists against mercury. The dental patients were knaves, willing to trade the momentary pain for a lifetime of mercury toxicity. Not that the knaves are gone now.

I totally agree, and the only way that this will ever happen is with a grassroots movement of commited individuals who keep educating people to wake them up. I think that the current medical system will eventually implode as it becomes less and less viable as time goes on.
I wonder if we can start one.

burtlancast

Many doctors and nurses get drawn in the profession thinking they can make the world better, and once they have invested and borrowed for this education, and gotten married and have kids, they are trapped into the hospital rat race where patients are just profit centers, no longer someone's wife, husband, child, mom, or dad. They just look forward to the day they can retire. "It's for the children" makes their situation no different from an SS officer. The hospital is a peacetime pogrom.

This is where the medical profession gets the bulk of their members from.
The folks who should have been the agents of change end up instead perpetuating the system.

One has to add to this a smaller number of sociopaths who couldn't care less for their own suffering parents should they become their patients.

The birth of modern medical associations and their statutory moral code, full of contradictory clauses, invinting outside adjudication, has for all intents and purposes, voided legally the Hippocratic oath.

The power of revoking a doctor's licence over the non observance of obscure, arbitrary and contradictory ethical code, without any legal recourse whatsoever by him, effectively kills the oath.

Persons looking to get into this profession need beforehand to be informed in clear terms that in all instances, the ethical code of the medical associations takes precedence over the Hippocratic one.

Last edited:

Marg

Many doctors and nurses get drawn in the profession thinking they can make the world better, and once they have invested and borrowed for this education, and gotten married and have kids, they are trapped into the hospital rat race where patients are just profit centers, no longer someone's wife, husband, child, mom, or dad. They just look forward to the day they can retire. "It's for the children" makes their situation no different from an SS officer. The hospital is a peacetime pogrom.

You've hit the nail right here. Dr. Daniels says that the student loan debt that a newly practicing physician faces can be up to $500,000, so that makes them big time debt slaves. Because of that, quite a few doctors have no choice but to join an HMO, which is "industrialized" medicine because they have no other choice.

Doctors are also being surveiled by their state medical boards with the assistance of big pharma. If they don't prescribe enough drugs per number of patients seen, the doctor will be called up in front of the board, given a warning and if the doctor doesn't comply they will then face the board again and they will remove the doctor's license.

Dr. Daniel's also talks about the massively increased paperwork for the government that has to be filed out y the doctors under Obamacare. Doctors already have a crushing load of paperwork, now they have to invest more hours of red tape, and some doctors were threatening to quit the profession because the new requirements were outrageous.&

The government is also requiring that doctors screen their patients to see if they had any unregistered weapons and were "psychologically unstable." What does this have to do with the practice of mediine? Dr. Daniels also pointed out that doctors are required to have the patients fill out government mandated forms with lots of information that are not necessary for the doctor, but rather for the government databases for pharma and the government to freely snoop. No more private doctor-patient relationship.

So being a doctor now is not glamorous as it was say 60 years ago when doctors had way more autonomy, and a lot of that image was created by television dramas such as soap operas, and evening dramas where the doctor was portrayed as the ultimate god, and this propaganda was carefully crafted and continues right up to the present time.

The image of the "rich" doctor in today's world is a myth, according to Dr. Daniels. The only ones in this category would be a highly competant specialist with rare, super specialized skills such as in neurosurgery, cardiology, vascular disorders and rare disorders, etc...

The average, run of the mill GP is caught between a rock and a hard place because they now always have to worry about: patient malpractice suits, medical board sanctions and removal of license, government sanctions and fines for not adhering to the ever growing government regulations.

The sword is hanging over them daily with all the govt. and board regulations pushing their backs to the wall, and must surely create an atmosphere of personal paranoia because they have no autonomy, and now must act as a state controlled drone who must always obey orders.

Then there is the question that doctors have to grapple with sooner or later: the moral code driven by their own conscience.

Not an enviable position for either the doctor or the patient.

Last edited:

Tarmander

"Greed? Lowest end of the scale? Under the profit motive (assume voluntary), I must see to your needs, as you define them, or not make profit. Under a spiritual sense of duty, or a love for humanity, etc, I may only see to your needs as I see fit, and those might not be aligned. What if you see me as a divine human that must be respected, but I really want you to spank my **** and call me Shirley, which is not in your belief system about humans. The profit motive would reliably see to this need."

I am not against making a profit or entering relationships that entails profits for myself or for another. Am not a socialist or communalist of any sort. But I am against organizing all of life and laws and culture around profit and money making as the supreme value. The excesses and harm that continuously drive towards making this happen - stemming from various typical human vices, such as greed - is tempered or restrained by a healthy culture, as I stated before. So go ahead, you can make your profit, but the culture, as aided by laws and government and spiritual values (also when all of this is healthy), insures you're not going to make a bloody profit selling drugs or porn to my ten your old boy, say. Or, as is the case of some non-western cultures, you won't be making a profit selling alcohol to anyone. Make a profit, but submit to limits of how you do it. If you don't like the limits imposed by a given culture, find another culture to live in.

"I am not saying I have definitively shown profit>spirituality, but just because you "can't imagine" why spirituality may be inferior to the profit motive does not mean it is in the realm of possibility, even probability. In my daily life I trust people looking for profit in some ways that I do not trust a spiritual person."

I am speaking in terms of hypothetical ideals. Spirituality, like anything, can be abused, sometimes terribly. When it's engaged at the level that its standards finds acceptable, it's always superior. But that's really not the issue, because in practical terms, it's often impossible to judge that those we are dealing with always maintain high spiritual standards, hence you rely on cultural norms, laws, community enforcement, etc. to minimize abuse and fraud. That's been my point from the get-go. Also, it's not only a matter of being vigilant to abuse and injustice. Cultural norms enable clarity on issues that may be ambiguous in the course of making a profit. Example: "I can't sell you anything on Saturday because it's the sabbath, but I realize you are very ill and you need medicine and you can't wait until Sunday." This is not a matter of abuse of a financial exchange, it's simply trying to clarify rules that don't always take every contingency into account. And one last point: someone "seeing to your needs," that is how to define those needs and how they are understood by both parties, is also culturally mediated, whether one likes it or not. "Needs" never arise in a cultural vacuum.

"Well, I am open to some individual proving me wrong. But so far when I total up govt death and mayhem vs private death and mayhem...well I do not see much comparison. I suppose that is not a proof, but it's a pretty strong case that an individual in an unregulated market without the govt power of monopoly and guns cannot cause a ton of trouble without being dealt with relatively quickly. I try and think of the worst people I can who were not affiliated with armies and govt and I come up with like Jeffrey Dahmer recently, and he killed like 15? There were probably worse figures if you go outside the 1900s."

This is naive and oblivious to reality. Governments would be nothing and powerless without munitions, guns, bombs, vehicles and innumerable hardware platforms to bring about death and destruction. It also needs mundane things, like uniforms, food, clothing, shelter. The private sector - business - eagerly supplies all those things to governments, for the former's profit, which benefits the latter's lust for conquest and power, at the extreme cost and immiseration to the rest of us. Government and business, if I can make a distinction that I don't think is real, as I have said, are both blameworthy. The US is the largest arms manufacturer in the world, and has been for a long time. But this just goes back to what I said about business and government all being connected into a very tightly-wound control network. You can't - binary-style - separate out one from the other in any meaningful way where differences between them can be found that really matter. Though sometimes ordinary people benefit from this network. Roosevelt was able to get the backing of business to implement the Civilian Conservation Corps because he helped them to see that CCC workers needed food, shelter, and clothing to conduct their work, and supplying those needs made profits for business. And personally, I am very glad this was done, as I don't think my father, who joined the CCC, would have survived the Great Depression without it, and I would not be here. And I benefited another way: I, like many people, have hiked and camped in several of the parks he took part in building as a member of the CCC.

"The way you write, I am guessing you would put global corporations, govts, the Church, and other historical organizations all in the same bucket and call it "power," or something."

For clarity's sake, these are distinct things in themselves. The DOJ is not the Catholic Church. Two entirely distinct organizational entities. But these distinct organizational entities are networked, that is, closely connected and bound to each other. On one hand, they derive great value in maintaining their own institutional identity while, on the other hand, they get even greater value in aiding, assisting and "covering" for each other when circumstances require it, inside their tightly bound network. So when a bunch of pederast priests, to use a very simple example, get arrested, the bishop's network to law enforcement insures these priests avoid long sentences and publicity. When the police need information on somebody they are pursuing who is a Catholic, they go to the bishop to get information. Multiple these networked interactions trillions of times, for all organization, business and government, and you're seeing the control network at work. Its' not a "bucket," which is not illustrative of a network. Rather, as I said before, it's a gigantic club, and you and me are not in it.

"But America really introduced something new, which separated economics from govt."

I'd love think this was true about early American government, but don't know enough of this history to be sure. But if it was, the severing of government and economics or business certainly has been fixed, repaired for quite a while now, at least since the Civil War. For reasons I gave, they are a unified entity now more ever before in US history. With all those billionaires appointed to Trump's cabinet, I fully expect that unity to be bound ever tighter in ways that will impoverish much more the people who voted for him - who believed his populist rhetoric.

That is a lot of words.

I could try and unpack some stuff here, and show inaccuracies, or at least that things are not so cut and dry, but I don't think it would do much good.

I think it comes down to George Carlin who you have quoted a couple times. He was funny, and pointed out hypocrisy for sure, but I would not listen to him for anything else. He was extremely nihilistic. He wanted the world to end in a catastrophic Armageddon event.

I would think about these things:

•Spirituality always being superior to greed and profit seeking, when it's healthy...I am not sure what that means or how it is accomplished. Was there ever a time when Spirituality was healthy? I can tack on "when it's healthy" to just about anything. "Greed is good when it's healthy."
•Standards of spirituality that are acceptable? By who? Why are people being vigilant for high standards of spirituality and not doing what they want to do instead that makes them more money?
•Govt and Business being the same thing (DMV and Target that same?)
•Thinking that binary systems are naive.

Badger

No disrespect to you personally, but in my opinion, libertarian attempts at explaining oppression in the world are, for the most part, outdated and antiquated. Up to others to identify with precision how much of it is still valid, as I still like reading arch libertarian Justin Raimondo, who offers many good points. But it's time for fresh or different approaches that could better account for more of reality, such as the analyses that I'm attempting.

That is a lot of words.

I could try and unpack some stuff here, and show inaccuracies, or at least that things are not so cut and dry, but I don't think it would do much good.

I think it comes down to George Carlin who you have quoted a couple times. He was funny, and pointed out hypocrisy for sure, but I would not listen to him for anything else. He was extremely nihilistic. He wanted the world to end in a catastrophic Armageddon event.

I would think about these things:

•Spirituality always being superior to greed and profit seeking, when it's healthy...I am not sure what that means or how it is accomplished. Was there ever a time when Spirituality was healthy? I can tack on "when it's healthy" to just about anything. "Greed is good when it's healthy."
•Standards of spirituality that are acceptable? By who? Why are people being vigilant for high standards of spirituality and not doing what they want to do instead that makes them more money?
•Govt and Business being the same thing (DMV and Target that same?)
•Thinking that binary systems are naive.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals