paymanz

Here probably i only post positives about igf1, as ray seeing it generally on reparative ,constructive side.(according to danny roddy,thanks to him)
it is interesting most nutrient deficiencies lower igf1 but not GH!
Hypothyroids have lower level of igf1
Serum Resistin and Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Levels in Patients with Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism

Effects of triiodothyronine on the insulin-like growth factor system in primary human osteoblastic cells in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
We conclude that IGF-1R and IGFBP-5 are thyroid hormone target genes in human osteoblasts, whereas IGF-1 mRNA expression itself appears not to be regulated by T(3) in hOB. However, T(3) stimulates IGF-1R mRNA expression as well as IGF-1 binding and IGF-1 induced cell proliferation in osteoblasts, thus suggesting thyroid hormone may potentiate the effect of IGF-1 at the receptor level. This may contribute to the positive effects of thyroid hormone on bone formation, which, in addition, may be modulated by increased IGFBP-5 expression.

Effect of thyroxine replacement on serum IGF‐I, IGFBP‐3 and the acid‐labile subunit in patients with hypothyroidism and hypopituitarism
T4 replacement increases the serum levels of IGF-I and ALS in patients with primary as well as central hypothyroidism.

Igf1 lowers mmp level i believe
Insulin-like growth factor 1 blocks collagen release and down regulates matrix metalloproteinase-1, -3, -8, and -13 mRNA expression in bovine nasal cartilage stimulated with oncostatin M in combination with interleukin 1α

Low Igf1 levels increase FFA and enhanced beta oxidation
Low Circulating Levels of IGF-1 in Healthy Adults Are Associated With Reduced β-Cell Function, Increased Intramyocellular Lipid, and Enhanced Fat Utilization During Fasting

lower igf1 and higher GH in diabetes
IGF-1 and IGF-Binding Proteins and Bone Mass, Geometry, and Strength: Relation to Metabolic Control in Adolescent Girls With Type 1 Diabetes
Serum GH, IGFBP-1 and -5, glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c), glucose, and urine magnesium levels were higher and IGF-1 values were lower in T1DM compared with controls (p < 0.05)

Igf1 lowers GH level by feed back mechanism
Metabolic Actions of IGF-I in Normal Physiology and Diabetes

LLLT increases igf1
Low-level laser irradiation affects the release of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), and receptor of IGF... - PubMed - NCBI

Effects of laser irradiation on the release of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF), insulin like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), and receptor of IGF-1 (... - PubMed - NCBI

Taurine increases igf1 level, and the GH dependant igf1 synthesis in bones in second study
Taurine, a major amino acid of oyster, enhances linear bone growth in a mouse model of protein malnutrition. - PubMed - NCBI

Vitamin B12–dependent taurine synthesis regulates growth and bone mass

Creatine increases igf1
Increased IGF mRNA in human skeletal muscle after creatine supplementation. - PubMed - NCBI

Betaine increases igf1 signaling in muscle
Betaine supplement enhances skeletal muscle differentiation in murine myoblasts via IGF-1 signaling activation

Lower level of igf1 linked to diabetes(while high gh is linked to diabetes) and also osteoptosis in diabetics(accompanied with low osteocalcin)
Association Between Serum IGF-1 and Diabetes Among U.S. Adults

Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 and Osteocalcin Are Correlated with Markers of Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women with Type-2 Diabetes

Aspirin increases igf1 in diabetic rats
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Streptozotocin_Induced_Type-II_Diabetic_Rats

Dopamine agonist "cabergoline" increases igf1
IGF-1 levels may increase paradoxically with dopamine agonist treatment for prolactinomas. - PubMed - NCBI

Magnesium and zinc deficiency suppress igf1 level but no effect on growth hormone
Role of insulin-like growth factor-1 and growth hormone in growth inhibition induced by magnesium and zinc deficiencies. - PubMed - NCBI

Manganese deficiency retarded growth, lowered igf1 and insulin, but increased growth hormone
The influence of manganese deficiency on serum IGF-1 and IGF binding proteins in the male rat. - PubMed - NCBI

biotin deficiency lowers igf1 , and again , not GH! Biotin deficiency in mice is associated with decreased serum availability of insulin-like growth factor-I. - PubMed - NCBI

Copper deficiency lowers igf1
Inadequate copper intake reduces serum insulin-like growth factor-I and bone strength in growing rats fed graded amounts of copper and zinc. - PubMed - NCBI

Starvation lowers igf1 , while it increases GH
GH/IGF-I axis in anorexia nervosa. - PubMed - NCBI

Fibromylagia and igf1
Changes in pain and insulin-like growth factor 1 in fibromyalgia during exercise: the involvement of cerebrospinal inflammatory factors and neurope... - PubMed - NCBI

Growth hormone as concomitant treatment in severe fibromyalgia associated with low IGF-1 serum levels. A pilot study

Vitamin A increases igf1
Circulating Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) is Associated with Vitamin A (VA) Status and Increased Circulating Hemoglobin (Hb) During Pregnancy in Nepalese Women

Fruit,vegetable,vitamin c intake Increases igf1
Relation of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) I and IGF-binding protein 3 concentrations with intakes of fruit, vegetables, and antioxidants

Cinnamon increase igf1 signaling
Cinnamon extract promotes type I collagen biosynthesis via activation of IGF-I signaling in human dermal fibroblasts. - PubMed - NCBI

Tribulus terrestris increases igf1
The function of androgen/androgen receptor and insulin growth factor‑1/insulin growth factor‑1 receptor on the effects of Tribulus terrestris extra... - PubMed - NCBI

Vitamin d increase igf1
Vitamin D increases circulating IGF1 in adults: potential implication for the treatment of GH deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

The Danny Roddy Weblog

Interesting video

View: https://youtu.be/0SS3XVI5RD4?si=6Rb_cklldEMxBVKh

Last edited:
"Low-IGF subjects had higher overnight levels of free fatty acids (P = .028) and β-hydroxybutyrate (P = .014), increased accumulation of IMCLs in tibialis anterior muscle (P = .008), and a tendency for elevated fat oxidation rates (P = .058); however, glycerol Ra values were similar. Gene expression of the fatty acid metabolism pathway (P = .0014) was upregulated, whereas the GLUT1 gene was downregulated (P = .005) in the skeletal muscle in low-IGF subjects."

Wouldn't this imply an increase in lipolysis and a lowering in oxidative phosphorylation?

So what do you think about this? Is high IGF-1 better, or low IGF-1 better? I know that's probably a ridiculous question but I'm just asking to get an idea of cause and effect...

OP
P

paymanz

in higher IFG-1 "Gene expression of the fatty acid metabolism pathway (P = .0014) was upregulated, whereas the GLUT1 gene was downregulated (P = .005) in the skeletal muscle in low-IGF subjects."

So what do you think about this? Is high IGF-1 better, or low IGF-1 better? I know that's probably a ridiculous question but I'm just asking to get an idea of cause and effect...
I'm not sure honestly,need to read more.

But apparently igf1 improves diabetes and sugar metabolism.
It doesn't increase FFA level like GH.
Low-IGF subjects had higher overnight levels of free fatty acids

Just in case you haven't read this post,
IGF1 : IGFBP3 Ratio As A Predictor Of Male Vertex Balding

OP
P

paymanz

"Low-IGF subjects had higher overnight levels of free fatty acids (P = .028) and β-hydroxybutyrate (P = .014), increased accumulation of IMCLs in tibialis anterior muscle (P = .008), and a tendency for elevated fat oxidation rates (P = .058); however, glycerol Ra values were similar. Gene expression of the fatty acid metabolism pathway (P = .0014) was upregulated, whereas the GLUT1 gene was downregulated (P = .005) in the skeletal muscle in low-IGF subjects."

Wouldn't this imply an increase in lipolysis and a lowering in oxidative phosphorylation?

Sorry ,now that I re read that paragraph, answer is clear(first time I saw that I thought the part you bolded strating from "gene expression..." meant being caused by igf1); in ray philosophy , it means igf1 is pro sugar oxidation and it increases co2 level. That sounds good.
So igf1 does a good thing here.
The low-IGF subjects continued to have a tendency for lower RQ

Last edited: