If you get cavities every now and then. It’s time to do cleaning every 3 months.

GorillaHead

I wanted to open a discussion on the fact that most people only get two cleanings a year because that’s all insurance covers.

why are we dictating our health based on an insurance standard.

in fact it’s likely cavities could be cut in half if we doubled our cleaning habits. And usually it’s more than 100 dollars per extra cleaning only.

an extra two hundred dollars a year justifies our Oral health. It is is interesting that insurance doesn’t prefer to cover more.

playing devils advocate here wouldn’t be logical for insurance to cover more to save more money. Unless they know my original claim is likely not to benefit our oral health.

what are peoples thoughts ?

Angela_7

Baking soda & xylitol rinse can help reduce the caries bacteria in the mouth. My dentist also recommends using a q-tip and rubbing (clear) iodine on the teeth every 1-3 months depending on how bad your susceptible to cavities. I don’t think we need to be going every 3 months. Better to get to a root cause of why your inclined to get cavities & do preventive care at home.

achillea

Cleaning by a so called hygenist is the wort thing you can do to your teeth

Steve

Cleaning by a so called hygenist is the wort thing you can do to your teeth
I wouldn't be surprised if we dirty un-"vaccinated" are banned from the dentist at some point.
How do you keep your teeth clean and healthy?
I do get a lot of crud built up on my teeth between each 6-month cleaning.

RealNeat

The only reason people need cleanings is because they don't use the blotting technique, which is a new fancy brush that was originally called the siwak. I buy a big box of them and use them throughout the day and at least a few times a week.

also the fluid that helps build and strengthen teeth is very dependent on fat soluble nutrition and plentiful saliva

tankasnowgod

I wanted to open a discussion on the fact that most people only get two cleanings a year because that’s all insurance covers.

why are we dictating our health based on an insurance standard.

in fact it’s likely cavities could be cut in half if we doubled our cleaning habits. And usually it’s more than 100 dollars per extra cleaning only.

an extra two hundred dollars a year justifies our Oral health. It is is interesting that insurance doesn’t prefer to cover more.

playing devils advocate here wouldn’t be logical for insurance to cover more to save more money. Unless they know my original claim is likely not to benefit our oral health.

what are peoples thoughts ?

I've been doing zero cleanings a year for several years now, and my teeth are in about the same condition as before.

I go to the dentist. I think that it helps to get a cleaning twice a year. But I don’t really know that. I’ve been searching for evidence but there is very little.

sweetpeat

I think it would be more advantageous to work towards optimizing metabolism. Especially for the long term.
And I would recommend trying Dr. Ellie's cleaning system rather than more dentist visits. It's been posted on the forum before. Her information is freely available although she wrote a book called "Kiss Your Dentist Good-bye". But you don't have to have the book to try her recommendations.
Dental cleanings can be hard on teeth. I've had some of my enamel worn off due to over-zealous hygienists.

P

Peatness

After recent dental visits I must remind people that, unless absolutely necessary, this is not the time to sit in a chair with your mouth wide open whilst a vaxxed individual fiddles with you molars. Unless of course you think shedding/transmission is poppycock in which case go for it.

ilovethesea

After recent dental visits I must remind people that, unless absolutely necessary, this is not the time to sit in a chair with your mouth wide open whilst a vaxxed individual fiddles with you molars. Unless of course you think shedding/transmission is poppycock in which case go for it.
I broke down and went to the dentist last week. I have some baby teeth on their last legs that are going to become a problem soon so I figured I better get that sorted now, before we’re banned from all healthcare. I did have a headache the next day which is unusual for me, so I probably did get shed on. But, better that than have to have my teeth pulled in some back alley later on when we go full communist ?

The hygienist told me my teeth were in really good shape for not having had a cleaning in over a year... I follow the Dr. Ellie’s protocol and it really works. I used to have some recession/pockets but now nothing (they did a gum check).

Ben.

The only reason people need cleanings is because they don't use the blotting technique, which is a new fancy brush that was originally called the siwak. I buy a big box of them and use them throughout the day and at least a few times a week.

also the fluid that helps build and strengthen teeth is very dependent on fat soluble nutrition and plentiful saliva

May i ask where you buy them? All i could find were some UK sellers that are all out of stock.

Sam321

I wouldn't be surprised if we dirty un-"vaccinated" are banned from the dentist at some point.
How do you keep your teeth clean and healthy?
I do get a lot of crud built up on my teeth between each 6-month cleaning.
I eat a lot of p u s s y.
That seems to keep my dental hygiene on fleek.