If You Consume More Than You Burn Shiitake Extract Reduces Body Fat Increase (08-2019 Animal Study)

Sounds really good.

I like mushrooms, but didn't know they could have this kind of effect. I might buy some to keep handy for similar experimentation and see how they fare while upping my calories a pinch.

Since my fear revolves around avoiding the habit of eating too much and gaining body fat unnecessarily, stuff like this could be promising if trying to rev up metabolism while also avoiding body fat increases.

aguilaroja

Some parallel work has been done with button mushrooms. This study was done with mushroom powder supplement to animal food:

Agaricus bisporus supplementation reduces high-fat diet-induced body weight gain and fatty liver development. - PubMed - NCBI
"Dietary supplementation with 10% AB [Agaricus bisporus; button mushrooms] reduced the HFD[high fat diet induced]-induced increase in body, epididymal, and mesenteric fat weights.... Supplementation with AB also reduced liver damage in a dose-dependent manner .... This effect was confirmed by histological analysis that showed that liver steatosis was markedly reduced in mice fed with AB. The beneficial properties of 10% AB supplementation appear to be mediated through a decrease in food intake and via stimulation of mesenteric and hepatic free-fatty acid beta-oxidation, along with a decrease in epidydimal and hepatic expression of CD36. In conclusion, supplementation with AB prevents excessive body weight gain and liver steatosis induced by HFD consumption."

Nemo

Interesting... "Mushroom extract supplementation reduced the concentration of inflammatory proteins such as interleukin-1-alpha and interleukin-1-beta. These inflammatory proteins reduce the ability of muscles to absorb glucose."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals