If you can buy a high altitude tent is that good as living at altitude

Dr. B

If you are still interested in this concept, Mile High Training has a Canopy Tent and Generator package for $2700, and they are located in the US-

Still a fair amount of money, but getting reasonable. Plus, that canopy tent is a lot better than the solo mini tent at the beginning of the thread. And you and your significant other can do it together, if that's an issue (but they would obviously have to be on board).

Hypoxico and Box Altitude both have "Cubicle" sorts of tents that would likely be even more comfortable and more permanent, long term. Here's a demo of a Box Altitude user, showing off his Cloud setup, around 3 minutes in.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxWcmdRyc3s

And Rico Rogers mentioned the full room conversions.

So, $2700 could you going relatively comfortably. An additional $1000 or so could get you a mini room type tent. And around $15,000 could get you a permanent room setup.

can you combine EMF blocking tents with altitude tents, like have a tent or sleeping area that is both high altitude and emf blocking.

tankasnowgod

can you combine EMF blocking tents with altitude tents, like have a tent or sleeping area that is both high altitude and emf blocking.

I don't manufacture either, so I personally couldn't. I wouldn't think so, you'd have a tent within a tent. If you EMF shield the walls and do a full room conversion, sure. Probably would run you $20,000. If you have the money and/or resources to do it, try it and report back.

Dr. B

I don't manufacture either, so I personally couldn't. I wouldn't think so, you'd have a tent within a tent. If you EMF shield the walls and do a full room conversion, sure. Probably would run you $20,000. If you have the money and/or resources to do it, try it and report back.
is the room conversion simply using some silver EMF blocking paint around all the walls. when I asked Peat about an altitude tent his answer was just something about his friend buying one and the tent smelling horrible and being tough to sleep in. regarding the generators which often go along the tents he said its easier to focus on increasing CO2 than to lower oxygen pressure artificially. with EMF tent he was saying even iron or copper would work to block EMF and it needs to be grounded. im confused on why the emf tent products are using silver then, if iron/copper also work.

i did hear about some nba players converting their bedrooms to high altitude rooms.

Lejeboca

@ecstatichamster or anyone, did you try out such a tent? What are your impressions?

I'd be a somewhat concerned about what @GTW mentioned about hyperventilation with less oxygen: At least the Hypoxico device simulates higher altitude by decreasing the O2 percentage.
Note this device emits ~60dB : Have to have a place to put it away from the bed.

tankasnowgod

@ecstatichamster or anyone, did you try out such a tent? What are your impressions?
I keep on researching this, and am thinking I will probably do this sometime in the new year.
I'd be a somewhat concerned about what @GTW mentioned about hyperventilation with less oxygen: At least the Hypoxico device simulates higher altitude by decreasing the O2 percentage.
They all do that. I don't think the "hyperventalation" is an issue, other than in a period of adaptation. And that would happen in one of the tents, or at moving to a higher altitude.
Note this device emits ~60dB : Have to have a place to put it away from the bed.
Generators from other companies claim to be quieter, and many people put them in an ajoining room.

Dr. B

I keep on researching this, and am thinking I will probably do this sometime in the new year.

They all do that. I don't think the "hyperventalation" is an issue, other than in a period of adaptation. And that would happen in one of the tents, or at moving to a higher altitude.

Generators from other companies claim to be quieter, and many people put them in an ajoining room.
hey mate is it fine to sleep with a cotton mask on, or just sleep with the head fully submerged under the blanket, in an attempt to get higher co2 levels while sleeping.

Lejeboca

I'd be curious to see what you settle on. I am looking to do the same next year. Thank you.

I don't think the "hyperventalation" is an issue, other than in a period of adaptation. And that would happen in one of the tents, or at moving to a higher altitude.

It seems that, at high altitude, hyperventilation is more a way (ability) to maintain partial O2 alveolar pressure close to that inspired rather than a function of acclimatization period per
Pulmonary gas exchange on the summit of Mount Everest - PubMed

1639290092669.png

OP
ecstatichamster
hey mate is it fine to sleep with a cotton mask on, or just sleep with the head fully submerged under the blanket, in an attempt to get higher co2 levels while sleeping.

it is dangerous sleeping this way especially with head under blanket.

Mauritio

Anybody tried this ?

Mauritio

Anybody tried this ?
Q: Hello Mr. Peat,
Do you know if altitude generators like the one below actually have similar benefits as beeing at high altitude or is this just marketing?

That's what they say about the mechanism of their generator:

"Hypoxico systems generate normobaric hypoxic air to replicate the oxygen levels found at altitudes up to 21,000ft/6,400m. This is achieved by drawing in ambient air, separating oxygen molecules to meet the desired O2 percentage, then outputting a continuous flow of fresh, filtered, hypoxic air for breathing. This allows altitude training to be performed anywhere on Earth, even at sea level!"

A: Oxygen depletion can be helpful in some situations, but it definitely isn’t equivalent to higher altitude. When people successfully adapt to altitude, their internal CO2 increases, with beneficial changes in metabolism and hormones. Successful adaptation to altitude takes at least several days; otherwise, lactate increases instead of CO2. When CO2 is absorbed through the skin by sitting in a tub or bag of the gas, any excess is exhaled (and respiration is slightly stimulated by higher CO2). Depending on a person’s health, the exhaled air contains a great variety of volative compounds, some of which are toxic, and account for some of the effects on cognition that have been blamed on CO2 in crowded offices and auditoriums. Ammonia, nitric oxide, carbon monoxide, isoprene, methanol, ketones and a great variety of volatile hydrocarbons are exhaled. Low atmospheric pressure and stimulated respiration accelerate these breath emissions. These can accumulate to noticeably toxic levels in a tightly closed space.

Q:Interesting. So it does make sense to frequently let fresh air in your room, to get rid of these toxic gases ?

A: Yes. Exercising in a closed space is likely to have noticeably toxic effects.

Q:Oh , that is good to know!

On the altitude generator:
Do you think it is inferior to altitude because it can only be used for a certain amount of time during the day or because of the normobaric pressure it has ?

A: Acclimatization is a prolonged, continuous process.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals