If you can buy a high altitude tent is that good as living at altitude

Beastmode

Peat has talked about people who go up or come down from elevation too fast can stimulate a strong stress response (i.e- hormones, FFA release, etc.) If going into these tents simulate being at high elevation, we might be skipping the most important aspects: adaption to the higher elevation and "return" to our current one when getting out.

Maybe people who benefit from these tents are already pretty healthy to begin with as they can handle the drastic change in "elevation."

They were popularized a lot in professional sports for athlete recovery, but athletes are a different breed of being able to adapt. Not necessarily from a healthy perspective, but from a "resilience" to handling stressors.

ecstatichamster

Peat has talked about people who go up or come down from elevation too fast can stimulate a strong stress response (i.e- hormones, FFA release, etc.) If going into these tents simulate being at high elevation, we might be skipping the most important aspects: adaption to the higher elevation and "return" to our current one when getting out.

Maybe people who benefit from these tents are already pretty healthy to begin with as they can handle the drastic change in "elevation."

They were popularized a lot in professional sports for athlete recovery, but athletes are a different breed of being able to adapt. Not necessarily from a healthy perspective, but from a "resilience" to handling stressors.

these are great points. Thank you.

Doc Sandoz

Sounds interesting. Wondering what the effect of going from high altitude O2 at night to regular during the day would be. Anyone emailed Ray about this device?

Mauritio

Sounds interesting. Wondering what the effect of going from high altitude O2 at night to regular during the day would be. Anyone emailed Ray about this device?
It still has benefits . I wrote about it in this thread

It's the so called live high train low approach practiced by athletes.

Mauritio

It actually seems interesting . But just as with the tent, with the mask you also have to get the generator, which costs like 2500$ .
But if you got the whole system and the generator really does what it says , it should simulate low oxygen air/ high altitude.

Normally these marks just make you breath less air volume, but the air still has the same percentage of O2 in it .

mimmo123

it doesnt mimic pressure like high altitude but tents are still very beneficial Peat doesnt like the plastic but you can get them with out plastic
this pod thing below does mimic the pressure though but it also infuses oxygen which we dont really want but then it extracts oxygen out as well in a cyclic manner

I learned about this because I heard Tony Robbins mentioned he had one

Mr.Bollox

it doesnt mimic pressure like high altitude but tents are still very beneficial Peat doesnt like the plastic but you can get them with out plastic
this pod thing below does mimic the pressure though but it also infuses oxygen which we dont really want but then it extracts oxygen out as well in a cyclic manner

I learned about this because I heard Tony Robbins mentioned he had one

interestnig stuff how much does it cost to buy one of those? what about the hyperbaric chamber or whatever lebron uses. i think its hyperbaric therapy or something...

mimmo123

interestnig stuff how much does it cost to buy one of those? what about the hyperbaric chamber or whatever lebron uses. i think its hyperbaric therapy or something...

Peat is not a fan of the hyperbaric The CVAC I mentioned is extremely expensive I think 100k plus
but they have a list of locations you can go to and pay for sessions

Mr.Bollox

Peat is not a fan of the hyperbaric The CVAC I mentioned is extremely expensive I think 100k plus
but they have a list of locations you can go to and pay for sessions
whats the CVAC for? high pressure environment? how do the altitude tents work btw, are they just lower oxygen, in that case could you replicate the effect of an altitude tent by just sleeping completely underneath a blanket? like keeping your head and face completely under a pillow or blanket?