If WiFi And Cell Phone Radiation Are Safe

CoolTweetPete

I can see how to reduce exposure to cell phone, for example by using headphones or switching if off while travelling. But WiFi is more difficult as its everywhere. What do you think about "grounding", ie a mat connected to the ground?

I used to use an earthing mat, but I've seen some people express concern over connecting it to the "ground" in an electrical socket, which I've read is sometimes not actually grounded. Also, the electrical socket might be producing a lot of EMF itself, so there's question as to whether one would be further exposing themselves.

I've found great benefit from simply grounding myself every other day by going to the beach or on a hike wearing minimal shoes (Vibrams). In addition, I have most of the electronics in my room hooked up to surge strips, which I power off when I go to bed. I understand there is probably still some EMF from them being plugged in, but I seem to sleep better (less disturbance according to my Fitbit).

Some folks kill the circuit breaker(s) to their room, but I'm far too lazy for that lol.

sladerunner69

Use a powerline adapter with your computer/laptops/xbox/ps4 etc. this will eliminate the need of access devices putting off WiFi signals.

Cellphone: turn off (before bed) or use airplane mode and shut off WiFi when not in use

By powerline adapter are you talking about a hardwire or something that is still WiFi but supposedly safer?

Any input on smart meters? I pay extra to have the transmission to the utility turned off and they manually read my meter. However, I have read that the meter still gives off 'dirty' electricity which causes a myriad of health problems as well as negatively affecting appliances.

redlight

I fogot to mention i also sleep on a grounding pad, but cant say i noticed an improvement

TubZy

By powerline adapter are you talking about a hardwire or something that is still WiFi but supposedly safer?

Yes, what the powerline adapter does it gives you an ethernet port by connecting the adapter into a nearby wall outlet and then using a short ethernet cable going from the wall outlet adapter and plugged into the router. Then you use the other adapter and plug it into a wall outlet near your PC, PS4, xbox etc. and just run a short ethernet cable from the wall outlet adapter to your device eliminating the need to use WiFi.

You can literally shut off the WiFi signal from your router and just use the powerline adapter for your devices, if you wanted to.

sladerunner69

Yes, what the powerline adapter does it gives you an ethernet port by connecting the adapter into a nearby wall outlet and then using a short ethernet cable going from the wall outlet adapter and plugged into the router. Then you use the other adapter and plug it into a wall outlet near your PC, PS4, xbox etc. and just run a short ethernet cable from the wall outlet adapter to your device eliminating the need to use WiFi.

You can literally shut off the WiFi signal from your router and just use the powerline adapter for your devices, if you wanted to.

MAybe Im being niave here but doesnt the powerline then have to emit some kind of signal as well? If so is that signal not as powerful as wifi?

MAybe Im being niave here but doesnt the powerline then have to emit some kind of signal as well? If so is that signal not as powerful as wifi?

It uses the electrical wiring as data cables

Oh now that's clever isn't it brah.

Can only one device be connected to your router at a time then?

The router usually has 4 wired spots. But you can buy a network switch with 10 spots and hook it up to one of the router spots... Also the powerline adapter is probably not as bad as wifi, but still bad, it's essentially a "dirty electricity" generator if you're worried about that. And also the electrical wires are not twisted, so they will work like antennas which is unwanted.

TubZy

The router usually has 4 wired spots. But you can buy a network switch with 10 spots and hook it up to one of the router spots... Also the powerline adapter is probably not as bad as wifi, but still bad, it's essentially a "dirty electricity" generator if you're worried about that. And also the electrical wires are not twisted, so they will work like antennas which is unwanted.

Do you have any info on "dirty electricity"? What I read that 4G/WiFi/bluetooth are the worst, but I'm mean if you want to live under a rock with no electricity I guess there is no way of totally avoiding it....

I'm in the tech industry so I always have top of line devices..my room is full of them..mulitple monitors, OLED's, desktop, laptops, headphones, speakers, printers, consoles etc. plus at work too I have pretty much the same. If I spent all day unplugging and plugging in stuff it would be a nightmare. I also know lab engineers that can't stand longer than 30min-hour in a RF lab. They mention they start to get dizzy and lightheaded any longer than that. Can't be good, your head picks up the sound as well (antenna noise).

Another one of my concerns is wireless headphones (bluetooth) which I use a lot...

Last edited:
Do you have any info on "dirty electricity"? What I read that 4G/WiFi/bluetooth are the worst, but I'm mean if you want to live under a rock with no electricity I guess there is no way of totally avoiding it....

I'm in the tech industry so I always have top of line devices..my room is full of them..mulitple monitors, OLED's, desktop, laptops, headphones, speakers, printers, consoles etc. plus at work too I have pretty much the same. If I spent all day unplugging and plugging in stuff it would be a nightmare. I also know lab engineers that can't stand longer than 30min-hour in a RF lab. They mention they start to get dizzy and lightheaded any longer than that. Can't be good, your head picks up the sound as well (antenna noise).

Another one of my concerns is wireless headphones (bluetooth) which I use a lot...

It's all about choices...

sladerunner69

I think the severity of emf is pretty heavily overplayed on the internet. There is really not much evidence showing that it is all that dangerous, power lines and generators have been around for over a century in one capacity ot another and there had yet to be a causal link made no less a correlative one. Maybe a ton of signals in a close area can give you a headache or a lightheadedness feeling, that could be valid but I come from a long line of electricians and my father always said that EMF should stand for "Electro-Magnetic Fun". There really is not much tp wrry about.

TubZy

I think the severity of emf is pretty heavily overplayed on the internet. There is really not much evidence showing that it is all that dangerous, power lines and generators have been around for over a century in one capacity ot another and there had yet to be a causal link made no less a correlative one. Maybe a ton of signals in a close area can give you a headache or a lightheadedness feeling, that could be valid but I come from a long line of electricians and my father always said that EMF should stand for "Electro-Magnetic Fun". There really is not much tp wrry about.

Yeah, those are my thoughts exactly, that is why I asked for more info from SS, I couldn't find any real evidence behind it.

TubZy

I think there is a big difference between an electric utility worker and and average normal person. Also, the reason it seems to be an issue was due to the disturbed patterns of melatonin. I don't think Peat is a fan of melatonin anyways due to its relationship with serotonin. However, I wouldn't argue against staying up late staring at a bright screen making it harder to fall asleep at night. Not convincing enough IMO evidence towards an average person.

"Workers in the electric utility industry have complicated patterns of exposure to EMFs, with several possible measurements, including transient measures of magnetic and electric fields.24,25Exposure to EMFs was estimated by an assessment of exposure to magnetic fields, focusing on the time-weighted average, as described in detail elsewhere and briefly summarized here.19,26,27,28"

"Nevertheless, a mechanism of action of light on suicide could involve inhibition of melatonin synthesis because light has an acute suppressing effect of melatonin synthesis in humans.39 The higher risk of suicide for workers living in the western United States is consistent with historical trends.3,4"

And if you are super concerned, I guess you can take lithium.

http://scienceblogs.com/clock/2009/07/06/lithium-circadian-clocks-and-b-3/

Last edited:

sladerunner69

Yeah, those are my thoughts exactly, that is why I asked for more info from SS, I couldn't find any real evidence behind it.

YUP!..

Before I throw down 200 bucks on one of these for every room in my parent's house I need more evidence hahaha

They also sell these outlet plug-ins to prevent the dirty electricity, the apply named @Such_Saturation speaks so fondly of. They are very reasonably priced at just over 1 grand per outlet!

Yes I get 10% each time someone bites

x-ray peat

Last time I looked into this, the evidence was very clear that emf's have a negative effect on health. Also the background level of EMFs have gone up enormously in the last decades. We are electrical creatures after all. The studies were done mainly in Europe where they take it more seriously. It's the reason why European cell phones give off much less radiation than ours. With that said I think EMF research is like research on the dangers of PUFAs, fish oil, statins etc., it exists but is covered up by industry apologists. You really have to dig to find it.
here is one that Haidut posted previously to get you started
The study tried to replicate the findings from the authors' previous study. Not only were they successful at showing again that EMF exposure causes cancers, but the effects were seen at exposure levels well below what a typical cell-phone user would get just from using their phone. The suggested mechanism is EMF causing metabolic derangements.
Selenium and calcium channel blockers like magnesium and cyproheptadine protect against EMF effects.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 1X15003988

"...We could confirm and extend the originally reported findings. Numbers of tumors of the lungs and livers in exposed animals were significantly higher than in sham-exposed controls. In addition, lymphomas were also found to be significantly elevated by exposure. A clear dose-response effect is absent. We hypothesize that these tumor-promoting effects may be caused by metabolic changes due to exposure. Since many of the tumor-promoting effects in our study were seen at low to moderate exposure levels (0.04 and 0.4 W/kg SAR), thus well below exposure limits for the users of mobile phones, further studies are warranted to investigate the underlying mechanisms. Our findings may help to understand the repeatedly reported increased incidences of brain tumors in heavy users of mobile phones."

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals