If viruses are grown on eggs - can eggs feed viral infections? Is Medical Medium right?

thetaflow

Most of you have probably heard of Medical Medium by now.

His whole thing is that most of people's health issues are caused by viruses such as Epstein-Barr (along with other herpetic herpetic viruses and certain bacteria).

The solution according to him is to then bring the viral load down - by taking antivirals, and stopping giving the viruses their food. According to him, most viruses are grown on eggs (along with dairy, gluten, corn, soy), and therefore by eating these things (eggs especially), people are feeding the viruses and causing them to stay elevated.

It's one of his most discussed themes, but here's an example:

Is this even possible?

tankasnowgod

Most of you have probably heard of Medical Medium by now.

His whole thing is that most of people's health issues are caused by viruses such as Epstein-Barr (along with other herpetic herpetic viruses and certain bacteria).

The solution according to him is to then bring the viral load down - by taking antivirals, and stopping giving the viruses their food. According to him, most viruses are grown on eggs (along with dairy, gluten, corn, soy), and therefore by eating these things (eggs especially), people are feeding the viruses and causing them to stay elevated.

It's one of his most discussed themes, but here's an example:

Is this even possible?

It's an incredibly overly simplistic view. I don't think they throw those eggs into a solution of Hydrochloric Acid and Pepsin before culturing bacteria. But that's what you are doing when you eat eggs (or any other food), since your stomach is basically a vat of acid. He doesn't cite any studies in that brief overview, either.

Egg protein or cultures that they use in a lab will not be the same as any digested egg matter that gets to your liver.

OP
T

thetaflow

He doesn't cite any studies in that brief overview
Yeah that's not going to happen with this guy - his whole spiel is that "people are getting sicker, while 'studies' aren't helping anybody get better, and are all biased/manipulated".

Missenger

Yeah that's not going to happen with this guy - his whole spiel is that "people are getting sicker, while 'studies' aren't helping anybody get better, and are all biased/manipulated".
That's a pretty common statement due to corporations usually being the ones to have the funny money to fund studies for product placement but they're never really specific as to refer to which studies in too many contexts since they have to push bland blogs.

tankasnowgod

ALL studies, even ones going back to the early 1900s? Okay, but he still needs a source for his claims. Otherwise, he's just making it up, and he's the source. If there's not an objective way of testing his theories, then what's the point?

I guess you could find out some sort of "viral load" test, and test yourself twice..... once after a month eating no eggs, another 1 month after regular egg consumption, and see if there's any difference.

OP
T

thetaflow

ALL studies, even ones going back to the early 1900s? Okay, but he still needs a source for his claims. Otherwise, he's just making it up, and he's the source. If there's not an objective way of testing his theories, then what's the point?

I guess you could find out some sort of "viral load" test, and test yourself twice..... once after a month eating no eggs, another 1 month after regular egg consumption, and see if there's any difference.
He claims his source is a divine "Spirit of Compassion". I would love for someone to do a study like that. Just wondering if this is even possible in the first place.

Edit: Here's a more expanded explanation than the blog post I guess...:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPXKWmIkwA4&ab_channel=MedicalMedium

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I assume this only applies to raw eggs. Cocked eggs won’t have any viruses in them that stay intact. That’s why we cook things…

OP
T

thetaflow

I assume this only applies to raw eggs. Cocked eggs won’t have any viruses in them that stay intact. That’s why we cook things…
Apparently the virus such as EBV is in the person, then it "feeds" on the eggs once someone eats them, and he certainly doesn't differentiate between raw/cooked.

Ben.

Always these foods being used as scapegoats for peoples miseries.

We realy should just stop eating anything at all .... no wait thats not healthy either ...
Death by indecision might not be that unrealistic after all.

tankasnowgod

Apparently the virus such as EBV is in the person, then it "feeds" on the eggs once someone eats them, and he certainly doesn't differentiate between raw/cooked.

Seems far fetched to me. "See, the reason you're having health issues now is cause you got mono from making out when you were a teenager, and you eat eggs."

OP
T

thetaflow

Divine Spirit. Wow great credibility. Not!!
Well the "credibility" seems to be thousands (or millions according to MM) of people healing, after trying everything else. Hey, why not? I was wondering what people on here thought of his claims with regards to eggs/dairy/viruses etc.

Ben.

I think its many variables. The fallacy that most people run into is that just because something helps you get better or even to heal doesn't mean its due to the explanation the person in question provides. His sellery juice or abstinence of eggs made you feel better? Awsome! Doesn't mean its the ghosts supposed claim of a virus that made the person sick to begin with.

Sefton10

I think its many variables. The fallacy that most people run into is that just because something helps you get better or even to heal doesn't mean its due to the explanation the person in question provides. His sellery juice or abstinence of eggs made you feel better? Awsome! Doesn't mean its the ghosts supposed claim of a virus that made the person sick to begin with.
Agree. Placebo (and nocebo) effect must be huge in the nutrition/health space.

OP
T

thetaflow

Yeah that certainly makes sense to look at in such a way. However, I sometimes wonder why he goes into such specifics as "No vinegar, even ACV!". What's the point?

Yeah that certainly makes sense to look at in such a way. However, I sometimes wonder why he goes into such specifics as "No vinegar, even ACV!". What's the point?

Because he's a snakeoil salesmen like most of those celebrity endorsed health gurus. Only celebrities are stupid enough to give them the time of day and people who put any stock in celebrities