If PUFA's Are One Of The Main Causes Of Aging, Why Don't Fruitarians Look Younger Than Other People

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Yes, Vegemite was invented as a way to sell the waste product from malting barley to make beer!

It has a bit of zinc as well as the b vitamins and lysine. It does have a lot of salt which could affect adrenals. I think you said overt salt lowers your kidney filtration.

Vegemite on toast used to be the easiest thing to digest after recovering from an illness. It is an acquired taste, though maybe a vegan replacement for pate!

It is the leftover from fermentation so it might cause yeast issues. Maybe that is why they added so much salt - to stop it from going moldy!

Yes these mangoes are Kensington Pride from the Northern Territory. They are pretty tasty!

Because I have been buying the squishy ones on sale I can just slice them either side of the pip and then scoop out the flesh into my smoothie jar! I also scrape the pip to make sure I don't waste any fruit!

Here is an article about one farmer's bumper crop this year:

NT grower expects to harvest most mangoes ever on family farm

Darwin is 12 degrees south of the equator so it might have a similar climate to Nicaragua which is 12 degrees north!

I have not seen Mamey Sapote but they look and sound delicious! I will keep a lookout for them!

I have been getting indigestion lately and I wonder if it is the avocados! I have been eating them every night with my salad. I found a few people online getting heartburn on avocados so I will try keeping everything else the same but dropping them for a few days!

Someone suggested liver issues. Another suggested eating them with lemon so I could try that once I have confirmed whether the avocados are the cause! When in the day do you eat avocado and what do you eat it with?

Have you seen vegetable police's last 2 videos? There is the one where he says goodbye to his mum and then flies to bangkok, and the one with his friend / fan whom he is staying with in Chiang Mai as they visit the fruit market.

Quite a change for someone who has never travelled far from Toronto. Hopefully he enjoys the place!

The city is full of cafés with delicious coffee and free internet. There are small market stalls lining the streets specializing in fruit smoothies, or freshly made ice cream made on a cold plate or BBQ meats or curries with rice...

There are ancient Buddhist temples with dogs wearing scarves to show that they are being cared for! I visited Thailand in January last year and went up to Chiang Mai to see the fruit scene for myself! Of course there is fruit available all over the country.

The people are very friendly everywhere but the people of Chiang Mai seemed to be more observant of Buddhist traditions than down south at the beach resort region of Phuket.

The days are getting longer here in Melbourne. Looks like New Hampshire is having warm days still!

Do you shop locally for your fruit or do you occasionally drive a long way to visit a particularly good wholesaler?

They have moved Melbourne's wholesale fruit market from near the wharves to a remote spot at the northern edge of the city! I would need a license to buy there, but it's new location must make it harder for the small shops.

As I mentioned I get good deals from a Vietnamese run green grocer in Prahran. He lets me buy a 15kg box of bananas which lasts about a week. He also is great for fresh herbs.

For juice and frozen fruit I go to any Coles or Woolworths which are old supermarket chains throughout Australia!

Last edited:

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Thank you for all that info on Vegemite. I guess it's probably best I avoid it and deactivated yeast, for now. I'd still like to try it in the future just to see what it tastes like. I found it at the supermarket a couple years back and have been wanting to try it ever since.

I love it when the mangoes are really soft and you can get every last bit of flesh off the pip! It's crazy how much mango Skliros Produce produces. I see they also grow Nam Dok Mais! People rave about them. My favorite mango comes from Peru and has this sugary sweet, tutti-frutti flavor.

Yeah, the avocado could be the source of your indigestion if you have trouble with fat or something you're combining it with. Have you noticed feeling tired after eating your salad and/or your stools becoming paler? I try to eat avos (or any harder to digest food) midday when my digestion is strongest, but they still cause me some sleepiness after eating them.

I thought they were causing me indigestion but figured out it was due to the red tomatoes and raw herbs I was eating with them. Dr. Morse says red tomatoes are acidic, especially cooked, and this seems to be my experience. I now only eat non-red tomatoes (and deseed them) and no longer get indigestion.

Yep, I watched the Vegetable Police's videos. His goodbye to his mum – so sweet! I know he's a grown man, but I was really worried for him because as you said, it's quite a change for him. I'm glad he has Brett to show him around. Based on your description, it sounds like a really neat place. What did you think of the fruit?

Ha! Well, that explains it! For days now, I've had this image stuck in my head of dog statues wearing yellow silk scarfs near a temple, but had no clue what it was from. Videos of Thailand must of come up in my YouTube feed while watching the Vegetable Police.

Yeah, it's been pretty warm here during the day and cool at night, which I like for sleeping because I can cuddle up in the blankets. I miss waking up to sunshine, though.

Aww...too bad about Melbourne's wholesale fruit market. I shop locally because the fruit in this region is very hit or miss so I like to be able to pick each piece myself. What they think is ripe and what I think is ripe are worlds apart.

Since bananas are the one fruit that still ripen after picking, I would buy cases of them at Whole Foods and get a discount, but I don't care for the Cavendish variety which is the only one I can get there.

Like you, I get frozen fruit and juice from local chain supermarkets, but even that is limited here in terms of quality so until I move, I'm going to start supplementing my diet with fruit from Miami Fruit: Miami Fruit

They harvest (when ripe) exotic fruit from local farms in South Florida and ship them all over the country. They currently have mamey sapote! I'm going to order some and make a raw dessert to share with family at Thanksgiving.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

I have gone 2.5 days without avocados. My indigestion has faded but not totally.

It could be the tomatoes and herbs! Which fresh herbs gave you trouble?

I might skip salad altogether today and just eat fruit. Part of the problem may be due to my long morning fasts too!

The fruit in Thailand was abundant. The fruit component of our prepaid breakfasts in our hotels in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket featured fresh papaya, cantaloupe and watermelon along with pineapple juice and orange juice.

Quite a few street sellers sold green coconuts. They would use a machete to chop a hole in the top then give you a straw to drink the coconut water. Afterwards you could ask them to chop a bigger hexagon in the top and they would give you a metal spoon so you could scoop out the soft meat!

Quite a few street sellers made fruit smoothies with sugar water(!) and your choice of banana, mango, pineapple or strawberry etc.

(It was after this trip that I bought my $25 blender and began making smoothies at home. I use OJ and more recently AJ instead of soda water!)

I only bought bananas once from a street market outside Bangkok and they were delicious tiny ones shorter than my fingers, but quite messy when you are not near a tap!

Some street sellers sold precut fresh mango with toothpicks. I also tried guava, dragonfruit and several other tropical fruits.

It wasn't durian season but I had a few prepackaged durian icy poles which were tasty and cooling!

Some street sellers sold dried mango which was delicious and easy to carry!

The dogs with scarves are very cute. The old city of Chiang Mai lies within a square moat. Near the centre is Wat Chedi Luang which is a Buddhist monastery with a large old pyramid. A lady was feeding the dogs there when we visited.

Here is someone's pic from the internet!

Dog at Wat Chedi Luang

I was lucky to get a window seat on the right of the plane when I left Chiang Mai. We took off to the north and circled the old city as we turned to fly south giving an excellent view of some of the temples we had visited including the pyramid of Wat Chedi Luang!

The old city is very dusty and busy. Kasey seems to be residing out in a fertile paradise!

Miami fruit sounds like a good idea for special occasions. The Mamey Sapote will be an interesting item to produce for thanksgiving. My parents love it when I bring Coffin Bay oysters home for them from the fish market! It seems to compensate for my own dietary habits!

We can only get Australian-grown bananas which are cavendish or a more expensive "lady finger" which I rarely buy. The lady fingers have grown over the years to be the same size as the cavendish but are more curved!

I get a bit bored eating plain bananas but love them in smoothies. In fact I seem to prefer all fruit mixed and mashed! Today's first meal was mango, pineapple, OJ, AJ and banana!

I will have a teaspoon of b12 vegemite for lysine before I go out! I have my 100 best Mozart CD playing. I am feeling very healthy at the moment!

Last edited:

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

It was fresh dill and basil. They caused herb burps. lol I believe it's due to the fiber since I never get indigestion when consuming them as herbal concentrates.

Did you skip the salad and if so, how did you feel?

Thailand really does sound like a fruit paradise. Did you happen to have mango sticky rice while there? I used to make it daily not realizing it was an actual dish, let alone a popular Thai one. lol

I love dried mango! I just bought some dried Carabao mango (Philippines) and some Chokanan mango (Thailand). The Carabao is really moist and sticky.

Thanks for the link to pics of Wat Chedi Luang. I love how the dog is just chillin'. The detail in Thai architecture is so beautiful to me.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I was surprised to see the contrast between Brett's property and the city. They seem like two different worlds.

LOL Yeah, those dietary habits. My family is used to mine given my lifelong stomach problems. And now my mum eats 100% plant-based and my dad mostly plant-based so it's easy to please everyone at family gatherings.

That sounds like a delicious smoothie! I'll pick up some bananas and give it a try. I found insanely good donut peaches at Wal-mart so I've been making peaches and cream "cereal" bowls.

In a bowl, I add the peaches (diced), coconut, golden raisins, chopped dates and homemade milk – I blend coconut milk with a date (or maple syrup), cinnamon and vanilla bean. If you're interested, there's banana milk:

Aww..that's great! I'm glad you're feeling healthy! Good music only adds to that feeling, huh? :)

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer

Donut peaches sound great. We are starting to see new season stone fruit appearing on our shelves. They are expensive now but will probably come down in price over the next few weeks.

Thanks for the link to the youtube video on making a fruit cereal bowl. That banana milk seems like a good idea. Banana really is a close substitute to milk in all my smoothies.

I looked at a Kate Flowers "what I eat in a day" video and she eats lots of greens and vegetables, nuts and seeds and she does not eat much fruit.

That is similar to what Markus Rothkranz recommends. I have only just discovered him and his partner Cara. They are in their 50's, they eat a lot of bitter foods and both have great hair! Markus says that eating sweet foods make you bitter and eating bitter foods make you sweet! Well that is the opposite of Dr Morse, except they agree on taking lots of herbs which are often bitter.

I did used to drink tea and eat lots of 70% chocolate, so I can get into bitter foods. I also enjoy adding Angostura bitters occasionally to my smoothies. I guess zucchini and watercress are the ultimate in bitter flavours... Anyway something to experiment with down the track!

Avoiding all salad did help me. It could be the fresh dill causing some of the indigestion! It has a great flavour though. Perhaps I will buy parsley next time. Markus Rothkranz also said that eating bitter things increases our stomach acid and helps us digest green leaves. He also recommends blending the leaves into a liquid mush to help us absorb the goodies! Perhaps if I drink the bitters before my salad and chew the salad really well then I will get better results! I don't think I will stay away from avocado very long!

I did have some mango sticky rice in Thailand. I might even have had some on an internal flight! It is tasty but I don't eat much grain these days!

That is funny how you invented mango sticky rice independently of the southeast Asians! What else have you created? Oven baked bread with tomato paste, cheese and other toppings sounds delicious but maybe I have seen something like that before! :wink Seriously, there may be something you have invented that you take for granted that could take the world by storm!

That Philippine semi-dried mango sounds yummy! I was getting some delicious semi-moist dates for a few weeks when they suddenly disappeared from the shelves! Maybe I can recreate that by putting a few drops of water with regular dates in a ziplock bag!

I'm sure Kasey will show us some of the Buddhist temples soon. There is another grand temple on a mountain overlooking Chiang Mai and the airport. It has a grand ceramic multi-headed serpent-lined staircase to reach it from the mountain road.

CHIANGMAI, THAILAND - MAY 19, 2015: giant serpent stairs on either..

The snakes are called nagas. Interesting the way the serpent is central to the Thai form of Buddhism!

Last edited:

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Yeah, Kate ate more of an 80/10/10 diet when she first went raw. I think she did that for about a year and found her skin was becoming dry so she upped her fats. Right now her obsession is Artisana cashew butter. She often goes through half a jar of it in a day.

I used to watch Markus and Cara's recipe videos, but could never eat like them – I'd waste away and my gut would be screaming at me from all those raw veggies, nuts/seeds and exotic superfoods/supplements. Not sure if you've seen this already, but here's a day of eating for Cara:

He wasn't a rawfoodist, but you may like this age defying, predominantly fruit and veggie eater, also:

Bernando LaPallo lived to be 114. He held a degree in culinary arts (as well as massage therapy, reflexology, podiatry, cosmetology and herbology) and worked as a chef on steam liners and as a merchant marine during World War 2. He earned his last degree when he was 94. He believed food should look good, smell good and taste good. :):

That's been my experience with greens, too. I tried blending them but they still gave me indigestion and bloating. I hope you find the bitters help! I think the celery juice is aiding my digestion because I've eaten cooked the past 4 days with no negative reactions. Woo-hoo! :D

I've stuck to the same easy to digest soup – zucchini (peeled), heirloom tomatoes (deseeded and peeled), baby spinach, golden raisins, celery juice and spices/herbs. So far, it's been digesting perfectly and I feel the same eating it as I do eating raw fruit.

At this point, I think it mainly comes down to digestabilibty for me more than rawness because my kidney filtration hasn't suffered despite eating the soup these past 4 days. I'm going to stick with the soup for another week and then try adding in another cooked food.

Hmm...I'm thinking we're not talking about the same kind of zucchini because here it isn't bitter. It has a very mild flavor and when cooked, it has a touch of sweetness. By zucchini, do you mean bitter melon like the Okinawans consume?

Haha! Well, I could probably corner the baby food market with the type of recipes I create currently. My food preferences have always been like that of a pregnant woman's so I'm not sure my dishes would be popular. They're kind of gross, actually. LOL For example...

For pizza sauce I caramelized sweet onions and pineapple in balsamic vinegar with some garlic and olives, topped off my mashed potatoes (baby potatoes, coconut cream and sea salt) with maple syrup or all fruit jam, and added garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cinnamon, coconut cream and sea salt to my homemade "non" refried beans.

I hate when that happens! I get my dates from a market that keeps an open case of them so I'm able to pick for the plump, moist ones. I have to dig for them because the juicy ones are always at the bottom.

Anyhow, not sure if you already tried it, but I think your idea to rehydrate your dates will work. That's exactly how I rehydrate my dried fruit except I use Thai coconut water for its sweetness so I don't dilute the flavor of the dried fruit.

WOW! The serpent-lined staircase is incredible! I can only imagine how long it took artists to paint it. All those dots inside the scales. Oy! I wonder if the artists were crosseyed by the time they finished it. lol

Richiebogie

Golly, I hope Kate isn't undoing all the good in her diet eating so much cashew butter! She mustn't be feeling any bad effects short term so hopefully nothing bad is happening behind the scenes!

I wonder if she is craving more calories or more protein?

I will be avoiding nuts due to the lysine to arginine ratio but also the pufa is much higher in many nuts than in avocado! Also avocado has some vitamin e to buffer the unsaturated fat! We mustn't forget all of our Peat training!

Yes Cara hasn't listened to Dr Morse about humans not being herbivores! Even Markus recommends half fruit, half leafy greens! It is interesting how many different ideas there are in the raw vegan community!

That is good news that you have found a soup you can tolerate. That will help keep you warm as the weather cools.

Kasey raves about celery juice helping his digestion!

It's good that you can use your kidney filtration as a gauge of your tolerance. I have decided cooking is the only way we can eat potatoes and other root veggies which are quite wholesome!

I pressure cooked another batch of sweet potato for Tess last night. I put in a parsnip half way through for myself and later chopped that into some of the sweet potato at about a 1 to 3 ratio. It was quite tasty when served with some English mango & ginger chutney (Sharwoods)!

Mum used to make Cornish pasties with parsnip and carrot. Parsnip has a unique flavour. Anyway I saw a contestant on "Beat Bobby Flay" make a sweet potato and parsnip mash on top of which he served a Salisbury steak with gravy, so I thought I would coarsely chop the 2 roots together like in the contents of a pastie!

How do you cope with cooked root vegetables? Is cooked baby spinach the only leafy green you can eat?

No, the zucchini I was talking about is the summer squash variety. Perhaps it is not a bitter flavour that I am not keen on! Maybe it is a type of sourness! I will buy one to revisit it! Maybe mixing it in a soup makes it quite tasty!

I have reintroduced salad + avocado but left out the dill. The indigestion seems to have gone! Thanks for the tip!

Since my ulcers have cleared up I can eat lemon juice without any issues. I have been making a dressing out of lemon juice, Himalayan salt, mixed dried herbs and curry powder! The curry powder makes me think I am eating boiled egg in the salad! It is a quick way to get some hot pepper, garlic, cloves, cumin, ginger and turmeric!

Bernando was pretty agile for 109! It looks like he may have spent a few years of his life dissecting oranges! Ray Peat would be pleased he was getting rid of a lot of the pith!

Your cooking ideas are great. I have been avoiding mash potato but coconut cream is a great vegan substitute for milk! I also like eating something sweet like jam, chutney or tomato sauce with my boiled baby potatoes!

The coconut water is a good idea for rehydrating dried fruit!

Your refried beans sound hearty too! Do you find that you can digest beans ok?

Jennifer

Hi @Richie,

Yeah, Me too! From what I can tell, Kate seems honest about her diet. If she makes a change, she does a video on it. She even vlogged about her experience with adding cooked food back into her diet last winter.

She moved from Florida to Ohio to dance professionally with a troop and started craving cooked foods like broccoli, but found she wasn't recovering as fast. She's now back on raw, but includes a raw protein powder in her diet.

I agree! I do believe I found Ray's work for a reason and much of what he teaches I still follow, particularly the things he and Dr. Morse agree on that align with my own experiences. Though I do eat avocados and olives, my main and favorite fat source (and probably food) is coconut.

Speaking of coconut, I found frozen chunks of mature coconut meat at Trader Joe's and started making my own fresh coconut milk and cream from it. I just blend it up in my vitamix with some distilled water and strain it in a nut milk bag. Dear god is it good! I'm loving it mixed with jackfruit!

Yeah, I'm happy to have the option of cooked, especially now that good fruit has become scarce. Though, despite the cooler weather, I'm noticing I can only eat the soup at room temp or else I overheat on it. I'm at a point where even watery fruit like melon warms me up now.

Oh, that's right! Kasey is a fan of celery juice, too. Apparently, he hasn't been able to find any celery in Thailand. I'm really curious how he's handling all the restaurant meals.

Yep, I agree! I believe potatoes and other root veggies are wholesome and would eat them if they didn't cause me indigestion and crash my sugars. Same with winter squash! I miss it!

That's an awesome idea to mix the sweet potato with parsnips, especially for those who love sweet potato but can't handle too much starch.

And that chutney sounds really good! You're the first person I've come across who also likes jam with his potatoes. Too funny! I used to get the St. Delfour and Rigoni di Asiago Fiordifrutta fruit spreads. What's nice is they use fruit juice for sweeteners.

I prefer the baby spinach because of how tender it is and disintegrates into the soup, but I also like Napa cabbage. I remove the spine so that I only eat the tender leaf portion.

Okay, gotcha! I was looking at zucchini varieties and there's one called Costata Romanesco that supposedly has a rich, nutty flavor. I bet that would make for some tasty zoodles. I'm less than thrilled with the regular variety of zucchini when raw.

Oh, excellent! I wonder what it is about the dill.

Your mix sounds great! I've never had curry, but have wanted to make this raw coconut curry soup for some time now:

https://justglowingwithhealth.com/coconut-curry-soup/

Have you ever heard of black salt (Kala Namak)? Due to its high sulfur content, a lot of vegans use it to give their tofu scrambles an egg flavor.

I used to digest beans really well but they, and all other starch, are probably never going to be a regular part of my diet again now that I've experienced life on fruit. I like not having to wear deodorant too much to give it up. lol

Xisca

If I can ask... how do you get enough zinc from a vegan diet? And well balanced with not too much copper?
I cannot stand copper taste anymore, and got good results with zinc supp....
And right now a vegan friend (who eats mainly raw because he gets tired on cooked food), made a big detox, and he got some nerves pain that might be from getting rid of an excess copper... I told him about spinach having a good ratio on zinc side.... but what else?
Thanks!

Jennifer

@Xisca – I'm not sure about the zinc to copper ratios, but good plant sources of zinc are herbs (particularly chervil, basil and parsley), seeds (particularly pumpkin, watermelon and sesame), nuts (particularly pine nuts and cashews), legumes (particularly cacao), mushrooms (particularly shiitake) and grains (particularly wild rice).

Xisca

@Jennifer I have to check the herbs and the wild rice, but for the others, they bring more of the DV in copper than in zinc!
chocolate, Cashew and all nuts, sesame and sunflower seeds, flax, beans, soy, mushrooms...
pine being the "less bad"
Pumpkin & Squash Seeds bring the same DV of both minerals.
No veg source bring adequate zinc without bringing too much copper!

In the animal world, meat, eggs provide good zinc, oysters too, but liver brings way too much copper compared to zinc.
Tropical fruits also bring more copper than zinc.

I do not speak of the content but of the required DV.

Jennifer

@Xisca – Was your friend exposed to excess amounts of potentially harmful sources of copper like from acidic foods cooked in uncoated copper cookware or something?

Xisca

No, he "cooks" mainly with a blender doing smoothies! I will tell him about wild rice, thanks, nice find!

Until now, I have found, apart from pumkin seeds, having a correct ratio of zinc to copper:
Indeed wild rice! Very good source and less rich in copper!
Parsley is also balanced, but basil has less zinc and much more copper than parsley.
Chervil does not seem a high source of zinc but does have much more than copper.

but basil has less zinc and much more copper than parsley, so I wouyld not count on it.

Even bamanas have 5 times more of the DV for copper than for zinc!
Then the solution for vegetarians is to really care of the liver health, because excess copper must be excreted by the liver through bile. I feel much better since taking orange juice with olive oil in the morning!

Last edited:

Jennifer

Sorry, I assumed your friend hadn't been raw vegan his whole life so I meant the cookware he, and those who raised him, cooked his food in prior to him eating a raw diet. But anyway...

I'm not sure if this is important to your friend but wild rice isn't raw, at least not what we know as wild rice here in the States. I was buying authentic wild rice harvested by American Indians the old way, by canoe, when I was transitioning to a raw diet the first time around. It would "bloom" when soaking but never sprouted.

Chervil supposedly has more zinc than parsley:

Foods highest in Zinc in Spices and Herbs

Parsley:

Foods highest in Zinc in Vegetables and Vegetable Products

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Sorry it has taken me a while to reply. You tagged Richie, not Richiebogie! However I thought I would check back anyway, and I just saw your reply and Xisca's comments.

Yes we are currently using the high sulfur black Himalayan salt. We were previously using pink Himalayan salt but maybe that was not as high in sulfur! I tried some pink salt crystals last Friday at a friend's place and I couldn't taste the sulfur. I wondered if it was a cheap brand, but maybe pink is more mild than black.

Anyway I wonder if the black salt's sulfur is as bad for us as methionine and antibiotics! It does taste fun though!

Your coconut curry soup recipe looks delicious. I have seen galangal for sale in the market alongside regular ginger.

We can get some beautiful coconut soups at our Vietnamese and Thai restaurants in Melbourne. Malaysian restaurants also have curry laksas, which are big noodle soups. This might give you some ideas you can use in your raw recipe:

I have been using a curry powder made in India packed in Melbourne under the old brand name "Clive of India", but I have seen in the shops southeast Asian style curry pastes with galangal, lemongrass, coconut milk, chile peppers etc. already prepared!

I have always loved potatoes and tomato sauce (ketchup) which is a sweet sauce, so it is easy to convert that to a sweet mango or fig chutney, or even a berry jam!

I was buying St Dalfour too a few years back because it was made with lots of fruit and fruit juice!

Tonight I couldn't buy any ripe avocados so I bought some lime and chile marinated olives and put them in my mixed leaf salad with lemon juice and mushrooms! It was quite tasty!

I don't think I have ever seen jackfruit! Do you get that fresh or dried? Coconut milk goes well with mango so maybe jackfruit is similar to mango...?

I saw durian today at my local Asian green grocer, but it is $12 a kilogram and each fruit weighs about 6kg! If he doesn't sell them he may cut them up into cheaper sections! He told me his family drive to the new fruit market about 30km away every day at 3am to avoid the traffic. Our crazy government just keeps making life harder for its citizens!

Hi @Xisca, yes it is tricky to simultaneously balance calcium & phosphorous, lysine and arginine, zinc and copper etc without including dairy products, but some writers say the calcium in dairy is not available to us and the acidic nature of the product causes the highest rates of osteoporosis!

How much olive oil do you drink with your orange juice each morning? Are you getting some stones each day? It would be good to analyse it to see if there is copper in there!

Xisca

Hi @Xisca, yes it is tricky to simultaneously balance calcium & phosphorous, lysine and arginine, zinc and copper etc without including dairy products, but some writers say the calcium in dairy is not available to us and the acidic nature of the product causes the highest rates of osteoporosis!

How much olive oil do you drink with your orange juice each morning? Are you getting some stones each day? It would be good to analyse it to see if there is copper in there!
How strange it is that some writers say that calcium is best available in animal products than in plants! And of all animal products, dairies are the less acidic because of calcium. Meat is acidic, from phosphate, but same as for pets, it is acidic if there is no bone... Thus the meat/bone BARF diet for dogs. I was already studying this 30 years ago and nothing seems set up in stone yet.
Then cereals and pulses are as acidic as meat... and only veggies are very alkaline, as some classify some fruits differently, according to the fruit (and of course I do not speak about the taste)
I think writers all take the studies that suit their theory.
Now I tend to think that we retain some minerals and not others according to the need of our nervous system.
Also a clean liver is essential for this.
I do not mind about removing any stone, just making the bile go, and produce enough bile for my liver to do its detox properly. I do a bowl of orange and lemon juice, according to the garden, and put enough oil to cover the surface. I let my instinct guide me, as I can feel nauseous in the morning and then tend to throw less oil. If I cannot finish, it just goes into the next salad.
I feel less congested on the right side, stopped the hot flushes, have a better digestion, darker stools, but feel some nervous symptoms as pains and even unbalance, and am tired.

I will harvest curcuma soon and have just sowed cilantro! Galanga root tastes marvelous...
I usually do not use vegetarian recipes, because of grains pulses and nuts, but raw vegan recipes more. And then I add the meat or sea food I need. I think the need or not for animal food is about the mineral balance, the acidity of the stomach and the need for zinc.
I was forced to abandon the majority of fruits of my diet and go back to veggies. Because really, about the title of the thread, I looked 10 years older in 2 years! Not from my opinion but from the age people thought I was!

sladerunner69

A lot of fruitarians do look good relative to the standard population, what are you talking about? That is one of their major talking points, "look how good I look I'm a fruitarian and I'm 65" Ive heard that plenty of time around the web. I don't have time to find a link about it right now. Of course the fruitarian diet is rather incomplete because it lacks protein and calcium and the more bioavailable vitamins and minerals that come from animals but hey.

Xisca

Chervil supposedly has more zinc than parsley:
yes and not much copper.
You have to look at the ratio Spices, chervil, dried Nutrition Facts & Calories and you would need a lot.
Wild rice seem to be eaten raw after soaking, if I saw it right in the video you posted! In the big salad! I am amazed she does not sprout the garbazos: this is what I was doing in my big salads! Now I sprout, remove the hull and cook the necessary. Do you eat raw legumes?

Yes he has been nearly raw for 30 years... and what he craves cooked is quinoa, if it has not changed now.

Richiebogie

I was forced to abandon the majority of fruits of my diet and go back to veggies. Because really, about the title of the thread, I looked 10 years older in 2 years! Not from my opinion but from the age people thought I was!
Hi Xisca. It sounds like you are thriving on a Markus & Cara style raw vegan diet (more salad than fruit) with a little Bernando LaPallo animal food thrown in.

Can you tell me a typical days food with quantities? Particularly one where you felt really good afterwards!

Last edited:

Jennifer

Hi @Jennifer,

Sorry it has taken me a while to reply. You tagged Richie, not Richiebogie! However I thought I would check back anyway, and I just saw your reply and Xisca's comments.

Oops! Sorry about that, Richie!

From what I understand, black salt is just pink Himalayan salt that has been heated to high temps and mixed with Indian spices and herbs such as the seeds of the harad fruit which contain sulfur.

I think sulfur that's naturally occurring in food is perfectly fine unless you're dealing with inorganic sulfur (like that of sulfa drugs) in your system in which case, Dr. Morse says even sulfurous foods can cause gas.

Thank you so much for the laksas recipe! What I think I'll do is replace the cashews with young coconut and for the noodles, I'll cut young coconut meat into thin ribbons since it has a noodle like texture.

I also want to try making BBQ and teriyaki pulled young jackfruit. It's supposed to taste a lot like pulled pork. I found young jackfruit online that's not in brine (Upton's Naturals brand) so I'll be getting that and tweaking these two recipes:

I'm going to tweak these two recipes:

https://www.theroastedroot.net/pulled-jackfruit-sandwiches/

Teriyaki Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches [Vegan, Gluten-Free]

My dad had to have emergency surgery yesterday and will need around the clock care while he's recovering so I'm looking for meals to make him and my mum, especially ones that can be done in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.

I'll have to see if the Asian market carries that curry paste. I also want to see if I can find sweet tamarind paste. I buy the whole pods at the supermarket, but it takes so much time and effort just to get enough paste to use in recipes.

Yeah, that's true! Ketchup is sweet so jam and potatoes isn't so different. I also used to drown my eggs in maple syrup and while growing up, my grandmother used to put ketchup on my eggs. I thought it was a Canadian French thing, but...

Ooh...those olives sound really yummy! How are the avocados this time of year? I know depending on the season, they're less oily/creamy. The ones I've gotten these last few times have been watery so I won't be getting them until they're creamy again.

I get the jackfruit fresh from Whole Foods. You can buy a whole jackfruit and thankfully, they also sell it cut into thick slices. Minus refuse, it ends up being about $12 a kilo. Have you ever had Juicy Fruit gum or at least know what it smells like? It originally got its flavor from jackfruit.

I hope the owner of the Asian market cuts the durian into sections because that would cost a bundle to buy the whole fruit. But yeah, governments! *shakes head*

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals