If PUFA's Are One Of The Main Causes Of Aging, Why Don't Fruitarians Look Younger Than Other People

Jennifer

Hey @Richiebogie,

Yeah, my poor little buggy man. He was only 9. We adopted him from a rescue group when he was 1. He was rescued from a breeder who kept him as a breeding dog. I wish we had put him on raw and the herbs back when he had the tumor on his eyelid, but I hadn't discovered Dr. Morse yet.

He was originally on a freeze dried raw food called Bravo when we were trying to save his teeth, but hated it because it contains organ meat. I wasn't thrilled with the added isolated vitamins/minerals anyway and decided to make his food from scratch.

He would occasionally eat beef or chicken, but preferred the scallops and eggs. Occasionally, I would add a pinch of sea salt to his food but for the most part, his sodium came from whole foods like the celery and scallops. Blood work showed his electrolytes in range so...

The coconut water was the only thing he willingly consumed in the end. It's all he seemed to want. We worried he would waste away so we were feeding him small amounts of egg yolk every hour or so via syringe, trying not to force it on him.

Oh, yeah. I find the same to be true for me. The only time I drink now is when I have dried fruit and even then, I only drink coconut water or juice. This is definitely a very hydrating diet.

Huh, interesting. I've been contemplating trying Swedish bitters or doing a liver flush, but I'm highly skeptical of the latter. I like goldenseal and the docks for liver health, but wanted to test the bitters to see how they compare. I think I'll do like you and try them in a mango smoothie.

That spice blend sounds like it packs a punch! I bet it's a powerful antimicrobial. I find onions and garlic to be too strong for me now, but I'm big into ginger. I love it blended with coconut cream and tropical fruit. I also used to blend it with coconut aminos and pineapple juice for a teriyaki type dressing.

Yeah, I really hope Dr. Morse's is okay, too. I got an email saying that the clinic would be closed until the 11th.

If you're concerned that the mushrooms and nori won't provide enough selenium, and aren't apposed to having some nuts, Brazil nuts are one of the highest sources of the nutrient.

Excellent! Yeah, it could be due to both reduced inflammation and transit time. I'm glad you're able to keep up your swimming practice. I take this to mean your energy levels are still good while on raw?

You mentioned mucoid plaque – can I get your thoughts on it? Some say it's real while others say it's caused by the psyllium and bentonite clay. John Rose and another guy I watch on YouTube who follows Dr. Morse, mentioned that they had mucoid plaque without using the P&BC.

About the liver flush – have you tried it? I've read where stones were analyzed after a flush and found to be the olive oil saponified, but then there are people who swear by them. I haven't seen mention of ultrasounds being performed prior to and after a flush to prove that there were originally gallstones and that they were successfully expelled.

I came across this, however:

"From the medical literature: A 40-year-old woman was referred to the outpatient clinic with a 3-month history of recurrent severe right hypochondrial pain after fatty food. [Note: Here “hypochondrial” means “below the ribcage,’ not “hypochondriac.”] Abdominal ultrasound showed multiple 1-2 mm gallstones in the gallbladder. She had recently followed a “liver cleansing” regime on the advice of a herbalist. This regime consisted of free intake of apple and vegetable juice until 1800 h, but no food, followed by the consumption of 600 mL of olive oil and 300 mL of lemon juice over several hours. This activity resulted in the painless passage of multiple semisolid green “stones” per rectum in the early hours of the next morning. She collected them, stored them in the freezer, and presented them in the clinic. Microscopic examination of our patient’s stones revealed that they lacked any crystalline structure, melted to an oily green liquid after 10 min at 40°C, and contained no cholesterol, bilirubin, or calcium by established wet chemical methods. Traditional faecal fat extraction techniques indicated that the stones contained fatty acids that required acid hydrolysis to give free fatty acids before extraction into ether. These fatty acids accounted for 75% of the original material. Experimentation revealed that mixing equal volumes of oleic acid (the major component of olive oil) and lemon juice produced several semi solid white balls after the addition of a small volume of a potassium hydroxide solution. On air drying at room temperature, these balls became quite solid and hard. We conclude, therefore, that these green “stones” resulted from the action of gastric lipases on the simple and mixed triacylglycerols that make up olive oil, yielding long chain carboxylic acids (mainly oleic acid). This process was followed by saponification into large insoluble micelles of potassium carboxylates (lemon juice contains a high concentration of potassium) or “soap stones”."

I was walking the rail trail in my town with Bee a few times a week and have climbed a small mountain, but I'm trying to get my adrenals healed fully before I take on the big boys again. I have a lot of energy and a tendency to not respect my current limits.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

Was Bee a larger breed of dog? Some of those do only live to 10-12 years or so.

Our dog loves lamb bones and duck livers but she now eats a bit of raw banana, lightly stewed apple, dried apricots and dates.

I am keen to trial replacing more meat with veg.

I think the mucoid plaque may be real but the thick rubber tyre effect may be reinforcing from the Psyllium & Bentonite Clay. I believe that the drugs taken for a colonoscopy clear out the food. The only difference is whether the scan reveals blood vessels or a thin layer of MC lining the passages.

I bought bentonite clay but am not keen to use it. I would rather stick to foods if possible like apple and marshmallow root but that may not budge it. Maybe lemon juice or lemon peel or foods that are alkaline going in...?

The alternative is some sort of fast like a 30 day fiberless juice fast. I'm not sure I would want to weigh everything going in and coming out as per John Rose! However an unusually smelly BM may be a sign of something emerging from pre raw vegan diet days!

As well as getting fewer mouth ulcers lately my teeth are looking whiter. I wonder if this is from stopping the desiccated coconut and cutting back on chlorinated tap water which may have been killing my vitamin k1 to vitamin k2 converting bacteria...?

A lot of raw vegans have thin hair. I wonder if this is from an excess of leafy greens. Some people juice massive amounts of greens! This is where Dr Robert Morse departs from Dr Doug Graham!

Greens are a good source of vitamin k1, but maybe a few sprigs of herbs are plenty. Prunes supply k1 also!

Did you go through a stage of eating lots of greens?

I have never done a liver flush. I am wary of eating too large an avocado let alone drinking 600ml of olive oil! Your quote makes it seem like a futile exercise anyway!

I would prefer to try a coffee enema before that! I have read good things about them though Dr Morse isn't a fan.

Coffee enemas are part of the Max Gerson therapy. The idea is that the liver holds a lot of poisons and the coffee enema triggers them to flow out the gallbladder. (I wonder if this could also be the source of occasional smelly BMs!)

Yes I use my swimming as a gauge of my overall vitality, though I may need to redirect some of this energy to healing. I used to swim to calm my nerves. I think I am calmer anyway on my new diet!

We have a few ex rail trails here in Victoria, Australia. Sounds like you are wisely saving up health points!

Good news! Our dog just ate some raw apple. The power of appetite!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something:

To answer the title of this post, fruitarians almost always do eat PUFA, and lots of it.

For one, the fruits they eat will generally add up to over a gram and often more of PUFA a day (I have checked).

And also, they often love to eat Avocado and coconut, both of which contain PUFA (especially avocado).

And, PUFA free diet can still result in PUFA synthesis. Insulin actually drives PUFA synthesizing enzymes up.

OP
Gadsie

Gadsie

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something:

To answer the title of this post, fruitarians almost always do eat PUFA, and lots of it.

For one, the fruits they eat will generally add up to over a gram and often more of PUFA a day (I have checked).

And also, they often love to eat Avocado and coconut, both of which contain PUFA (especially avocado).

And, PUFA free diet can still result in PUFA synthesis. Insulin actually drives PUFA synthesizing enzymes up.
That's true, if they eat avocado and nuts their pufa intake will be high, although I wouldn't consider 1 or 2 grams to be high at all compared to the average person's intake.

I don't think the body can synthesize PUFA unless it's from other PUFAs, hence the term "essential fatty acid". Except mead acid of course, which is not considered to be toxic.

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Thank you for your perspective on the mucoid plaque and liver flush. :)

Bee was a little guy – a Maltese.

Sounds like your pup is eating very well. What breed of dog is she? My other dog, Cricket, was a lab/husky mix and loved organ meat.

Yep, lemon and other acid fruits are supposed to be strong pullers. Dark grapes, too. I juiced grapes two days in a row this past week and saw lots of sediment and mucus. My mind has been so clear since.

Hehe! Bless John Rose's heart. That man is one thorough experimenter. I already feel like I could no longer hold a conversation outside of health forums, mommy and me play groups and frat parties. God help me if I start weighing my excrement. lol

Awesome! It could be that, or maybe because your saliva is possibly more alkaline now? My mum told me the other day that she's noticed her teeth have whitened since transitioning to mostly fruits and salads.

For me, thinning hair seems to be mostly connected to my gut. I've always had thick hair, but it started thinning while consuming dairy and developing the gastritis. After going fruitarian and resolving my digestive issues, I stopped seeing hair in the drain after showers, which is quite something considering my hair goes down pass my bum. One strand practically fills the drain. lol

Following Doug Graham's advice, I was eating 2 pounds of lettuce a day, which is insane to me now. My gut was not happy after two years of this. Come to think of it, my hair had thinned out a lot then, too. I think greens are good if you crave them, but I was forcing them daily thinking I needed the minerals.

I do go through stages of craving greens, but never a lot of them and never in isolation. For example – the wraps. I only end up using 3 – 4 large lettuce leaves when I make them and usually, it's the filling I mostly want – the mix of sweet corn, tomatoes, buttery avocados, dill etc.

Currently, I crave tomatoes. I have these gorgeous heirlooms that look like Mother Nature painted them with watercolor. One is pink and deep purple and has a hickory flavor and the other is a mix of yellow, orange and watermelon pink and tastes fruity. I was thinking of making tomato soup by blending them with celery juice for some saltiness, dates for sweetness, fresh basil and coconut cream.

I hear ya! My liver wouldn't be too pleased with that much olive oil. But why are you wary of eating too large an avocado? The fat bothers your gallbladder or...?

I'm personally not a fan of enemas, but I had a friend (VoS) who was. I'm not sure if he was still doing them when we last talked, but he was definitely into them at one point.

I find swimming to be calming, too. I love the water. I swam almost everyday when I first fractured and was learning to walk again.

Oh, neat! How's the weather in Victoria? Is it hard finding good fruit there?

Aww...good for her! Maybe she enjoyed the crunchiness of the apple? Bee and Cricket loved crunchy foods. Before Bee passed, I was looking into getting freeze-dried fruit to keep in the car for his treats.

Richiebogie

Hi @Jennifer,

I love vine ripened tomatoes too. I blended some with watercress which ruined the flavor for me! I don't think I will buy watercress again! Basil should be fine.

I have seen purple mini tomatoes in the store. I shall try them some day!

Our dog Tess takes after her father who was a Jack Russell terrier in that she has no road sense, gets feverish near rats, rabbits and guinea pigs, and rarely retrieves a ball. Her mother was a border collee so she is pretty smart and loyal to her master (my friend).

Yes she loves organ meat and chewing bones to nothing - the harder the bone the more focussed she is on grinding it up! She can spend 20 minutes on that each night!

She is 8 and beginning to get lipomas! I am hoping that more fruit and veg could help dissolve these...? Maybe I need the Heal All formula? Was this a tincture?

That's interesting how you felt obliged to eat 2 pounds of lettuce a day under 80 10 10! Andrew Perlot is big on eating 2 or 3 heads of lettuce every day, but he has a tendency to put on weight, so he prefers low calorie sources of nutrients.

I tend to lose weight so I have been eating a lot of fruit and just 100g of leafy greens a day! My weight keeps dropping and I was very fatigued yesterday so my raw vegan experiment may not be sustainable. Perhaps I should stop watching videos on fasting for a while!

I will try eating more dried fruit between smoothies and have some avocado each night. Having the fat last thing in the day may be a good idea. (I don't have any issues with avocados. I am just keen to keep total fats to 10% of calories or less).

Of course the fruit may just be removing inflammation = water which would have some weight. I saw some fine featured young Italian men last week. They had small slender faces and bodies but they looked compact, elegant and healthy. We are so accustomed to seeing bloated body builders marketed as having the perfect male physique, yet young men are typically slender. Perhaps this is where @Gadsie et al is mistaken. Ted Carr could be the epitome of male health!

The raw vegans don't seem to need huge showy muscles to perform acts of great strength! Eg. Andrew Perlot and his acroyoga demonstrations!

It is early Spring here - we count Spring from September 1! It is still pretty cool but the days are getting longer.

We have good local citrus, berries, grapes, stone fruit, apples, pears and salad vegetables and our bananas and other tropical fruit come from up north (New South Wales, Queensland and Northern Territory).

We get frozen berries year long from South America and dried figs and dates from the Middle East!

Melbourne is great for restaurants but I don't think there are any raw vegan ones yet!

Whereabouts are you? Do you get access to good fruit all year long?

The comedic youtuber "vegetable police" struggles to get good fresh fruit in Toronto, so he is moving to Chiangmai, Thailand next week! It will be fun to watch his adventures.

Yes, regarding John Rose's juice fasts, we all need to fight the urge to weigh our do-dos (or at least not admit to it to too many people!)

Are you taking any Dr Morse herbs at the moment? Eg brain and nerve?

Last edited:

Xisca

My weight keeps dropping and I was very fatigued yesterday so my raw vegan experiment may not be sustainable.
If you feel it is not, maybe keep the base of it plus some non raw vegan food that you like? I have tried it before with some lemon cooked fish and eggs, and some meat are not bad raw, none to say oysters!
I also know a long time raw vegan, and sometimes he needs quinoa or potatoes, and he just follows his body. He said that more cooked food than this get him tired.

Jennifer

Hi @Richiebogie,

Tess sounds like a really cool mix. Yes, hopefully, by replacing some of the acids with more alkaline foods, the lipomas will dissolve. We started out giving Bee the actual Heal All tea and then switched to the glycerin tincture.

Given the lipomas, there's a chance that Tess' kidneys aren't filtering well and so if you do choose to try herbs, I'd go slow. If you start loosening up waste in her lymph system but her kidneys can't keep up, I suspect she could run into problems.

The Heal All targets everything, but not nearly as aggressively as say, some of the lymph formulas. The ones with blood root are very strong pullers used especially in cases of cancer. I think the Kidney and Bladder III is also designed for cancers.

Below is a post you may find interesting. I came across it while researching diets for Bee:

Are Dogs Omnivores Or Carnivores | No More Vet Bills

Yeah, I felt obliged because I wasn't confident in my beliefs about health and didn't know enough about my body yet. Simplicity seemed too simple to be of real value but thankfully, I'm no longer a slave to chasing overcomplicated theories in fear of not getting better if I don't. I never was a fan of the tightrope walk to health.

Ah, okay. Gotcha! Yes, maybe more dense calories will help keep your weight up. Sure, the weight loss could be the reduction in inflammation, or assuming you're eating enough calories for your needs, it could also be due to malabsorption if you're lymphatically congested within the bowel walls. Per iridology – if you're heavier in green around your pupils, that would be an indication.

If despite getting in more dense calories you find you keep dropping weight to a point that is unhealthy to you, you could try adding in protein rich foods like greens/green juice, potato juice, raw sprouted pea protein powder, sprouted lentils, cooked mushrooms/broth (if okay with including cooked) or Xisca's suggestion.

I'm not sure what the source of your fatigue is, but I continue to go through phases of it followed by amazing energy and I figure this is just part of the healing process. If we go by Dr. Morse, the fatigue is often a sign of weak adrenals and when you remove all stimulants (he says even meat stimulates the adrenals), fatigue is common.

Yeah, I personally don't see anything wrong with Ted Carr's body. He was pretty lean at one point, but he was also running marathons then. If someone likes getting massive, more power to him/her, but I don't view it as the ideal. Building muscle is healthy but like with anything, it can be taken to unhealthy extremes.

Andrew looks like a healthy size. He said he's 179lbs which is a fairly big guy to me. If you go by the average starting weight of the men from the Minnesota Starvation Experiment, they were well under 179lbs and considered healthy. This of course assuming they were similar heights. If I'm not mistaken, I think the average was 5'10".

All I know is, being small doesn't mean a lack of strength. I hiked with guys twice my size and kept up with them just fine. I did my share of hauling heavy sleds with our gear etc. I just watched another of Andrew's acro videos and in it his partner Brittany (114lbs) acts as base while he acts as flyer.

Many of the moves in acroyoga remind me of stunts we did in cheerleading. I can appreciate how balancing and tossing someone in the air is not as easy as it looks, nor is it easy for the one being tossed. But it's definitely hella fun! :D

I'm jealous! You have access to Middle Eastern Dates. :):

I live in the northeastern part of the US between Vermont and Maine so finding good fruit can be tough, but I've found ways to make it work for now. I have my staples like medjool dates, frozen fruit like wild berries, mangoes and young Thai coconut meat, excellent citrus during the winter and I'm able to find at least one variety of ripe melon all year long. Galias are my favorite.

Oh, yeah! The vegetable police. I watch Kasey's channel. I like his self-deprecating humor. It's too bad his gut problems are taking him away from his girlfriend, but I can empathize. I'm working on moving someplace warm, too.

I'm not taking Dr. Morse's herbs at the moment, but I've taken a lot of them, including Brain and Nerve I & II, off and on during the last year and a half. They're strong! I was able to drop my toxic mold levels from 5x the upper limit to within the normal range in 3 months just with strict fruit and his parasite M formula alone.

Last edited:

Richiebogie

Thanks @Xisca, I did cheat the other day and have a roast potato and a little roast pumpkin from the supermarket! That was my first cooked food in a long time, so it was fun to experience that, but I have since returned to fully raw again.

I have also been eating a bit more dried fruit.

I will continue avoiding animal protein or beans or grains as Dr Morse warns they are highly acidic and a major cause of illness.

Dr Morse appears to be the only person in the world claiming that almost anyone including paraplegics can heal themselves by diet and herbs.

Such a fantastic claim is worth a bit of experimentation on my part though losing weight and suffering painful lip ulcers may be the short term downside of 'regenerative detoxification'!

However I do remember a man who had a diary blog on the internet. He lived in a caravan and had a lump on his neck. He was alternately fasting and eating only grapes but the tumor kept growing. After a few months the doctors told him he had left it too late for surgery or chemo. He kept on with the grapes but then the diary entries stopped abruptly...

If only he could have reset himself back a few months and tried a few different treatments... Maybe more calories would have helped, or some black salve, or some brocoli or shrimp...!

@Jennifer, Thanks for the link to Nora Lenz and her optimal dog feeding. She has some great ideas. She has a raw vegan website for humans too. I found a youtube interview with her on dog feeding that you may not have seen:

I like the idea of alternating each day between fruit /sweet potato and meaty bones but it is up to my friend. Recently we have made Tess' lunch more fruit / sweet potato with a little liver and mince while her dinner is a small piece of oxtail or equivalent.

She walks 6 to 9 km every day so I am watching for signs of improved or poorer health. She does seem to be having fewer nightmares though that could mean she isn't sleeping as deeply! Maybe she would do better with the gorge and fast routine. She still pesters strangers in public - she can spot people eating 100m away!

Australian beef, lamb and kangaroo are all grassfed so the meat should be good quality for her.

I bought some dried Gotu Kola which is an Asian herb that looks like watercress, but tastes a bit less green! I put that on my tomato & green leaf salads. It is renowned for helping brain issues but you never know if it has some great general property that will help me.

Our Tunisian and Turkish dates are very cheap. AUD$1.80 for a 500g packet which is even less cost in US dollars. That's a cheap source of fruit power! We have a lot of Greek, Lebanese and Iranian immigrants so they may have sparked the demand for this common import here. If you can get local dates in the US then that industry may have lobbied to have cheap imports banned.

It's good you have created a healing diet from your local supply. Do you get much snow in winter or are you close enough to the Atlantic Ocean?

Where were you considering moving to? I imagine a Mexican border town or a place with a large Carribean population might get a lot of tropical fruit. Will your mother go with you?

It is brave to move but I'm sure you can always come back. I imagine moving somewhere new and warmer could be very energizing too, like a never ending holiday!

Last edited:

Xisca

I will continue avoiding animal protein or beans or grains as Dr Morse warns they are highly acidic and a major cause of illness.
That is why I chose 1 group from the 2! animal, and not the phytic acid.
Of course it is needed to mix with plenty greens and veggies for alkaline minerals.
Compensation.
Acidity does not come only from food, let's say bad critters in the gut produce acid!
Then also too much CO2, if you read the new post about it, 3 pages only now, so it is time to join hehe!
I am happy with the good job I did about gathering quotes from elsewhere and about the topic.
According to our biology, no animal protein can make the body lower its HCl production, and I know some vegan with the problem, that is why I said better to not be 100%, even when close to it.

BTW for phosphate, be very careful with dogs, they need calcium, ratio 1,2 Ca/P, never give meat with no bone. Chicken carcass are the best type of easy meaty bone, you find them already crunched in frozen packs, at least in Europe... and I agree with fruits for dogs, they love them.

nikotrope

BTW for phosphate, be very careful with dogs, they need calcium, ratio 1,2 Ca/P, never give meat with no bone. Chicken carcass are the best type of easy meaty bone, you find them already crunched in frozen packs, at least in Europe... and I agree with fruits for dogs, they love them.

Where in Europe do you find these frozen packs? I live in France and I don't think there is such a thing.

Xisca

Where in Europe do you find these frozen packs? I live in France and I don't think there is such a thing.
Try either Carrefour or Intermarché, but beware they are not very visible, rectangular roundish and tightened on the top with part of the bag out of the grap, like a papillotte!
Here they are usually on one side of the freezer, 10 cm room...

They are food grade, so they are ok for people who eat normal chicken, to make cheap soup!!! Dogs burn PUFA well anyway.... They burn all fats better than us, they need it as much as we need glucose.

Jennifer

@Richiebogie – Thanks for posting Nora's video! I didn't even know she had a raw vegan website.

With Bee's diet, I took into consideration what she and Dr. Morse advised, along with some of what Ray and Dewitt (from the old Peatarian forum) recommended. Dewitt's family raised German Shepherds. Especially for @nikotrope – Here's a quote from Dewitt that I've had saved in my notes:

"I use dates, prunes and apricots as well as some fresh fruit.
Grapes/raisins, avocados, garlic, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, rhubarb, mushrooms, most nuts and all fruit pits and seeds are toxic to dogs.

The physiology of dogs resembles that of bears, in that their preferred food source is sugar/fruits and they only resort to meat when no fruits are available. Their eating habits don't have much in common with that of their carnivorous counterparts (aka wolves), altough people claim the opposite. Dogs pretty much evolved from wolves because they started eating the food that humans threw away. Humans didn't really "tame" the wolves or anything like that. They tamed themselves because they had to live in symbiosis with humans to get free food, which allowed them to preserve energy. They evolved to omnivores with the eating habits of primates and bears.
The chow I give my dog is 60% fruits, 20% butter and 20% offal meat (as percentage of calories). For his fluid needs, he can choose between sugar water and milk. But he usually prefers milk, except on the days I feed him more protein and fat than usual. I also give him small amounts of supplements - 10mcg LSD, 500mg niacinamide and 300mg magnesium. He is 9 years old now and shows absolutely no signs of aging or illness."

When Cricket was dying, I switched her diet to what Ray and Dewitt recommended and tried other Peaty tools, but ended up losing her the same way as Bee. We lost Cricket, then 3 weeks later we lost Suki, and 3 weeks after that, Bee was in surgery for the tumor on his eyelid.

Knowing what I know now, I would of left out the dairy and given Cricket and Suki herbs. The sad part is we had Cricket and Bee healing long before discovering they had cancer, but stopped what we were doing because of something the vet said.

I hope that man with the tumor is okay. It sounds almost like he was doing the Grape Cure. I wonder if herbs would of helped, or at least using a mild drawing salve, castor oil packs or watermelon juice on the tumor to try and draw it out. If those didn't work – black salve.

I've been meaning to post this. It's so crazy! You may have seen Hilde in some of Dr. Morse's videos? Check this out:

https://inspiredbyhilde.com/freaky-experience-ever/

It will be interesting to see if Tess' appetite calms down. Bee was always hungry to the point that he would try eating his own poop. He stopped doing it when we switched him to raw so we figured his body was finally getting what it needed.

Oh, yeah. Gotu Kola. Dr. Morse uses it in his Brain and Nerve formulas. Coming off of dairy and the minocycline, I was still dealing with frequent migraines and brain fog and they disappeared while taking the B&N.

WOW! That is cheap for dates. The cheapest I can find for good medjools is $6 for 500g. They're grown in California so you may be right.

I'm about an hour from the ocean, but we get a lot of snow here.

I've had my eye on Hawaii, specifically in or around Kona on the Big Island. I plan to stay for a while in a few different places before deciding because I plan on buying land so I can live self-sustainably. My mum and dad are definitely moving someplace warm and my mum's first choice is Hawaii, but she and my dad aren't sure yet if it's doable for them.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I'm not scared of moving somewhere new, but I have this feeling that happiness is just on the other side of my fear and I owe it to myself to find out. Too many painful things have happened and I need a fresh start. The challenge of turning an untamed plot of land into my own Eden will be good for me. Maybe swim with the turtles and learn to surf. Feel life back into me instead of always watching it leave. I need that right about now.

Xisca

The challenge of turning an untamed plot of land into my own Eden will be good for me.
lol that's what I have done...
We are very much off topic lol again!

Cats love avocadoes...
wolves and bears like to live on human garbage too, it is easier that another type of hunting!
Yes they are close genetically.
And coyotes can live up to 80% on mesquite beans (yes, raw...) at certain time of the year. AS we say in spanish "es lo que hay"!

And locals here used to live a lot on almonds and figs, they did not eat pufas but food, and hoping to survive without stuffing themselves on a boat and hoping to reach cuba or venezuela safe... And the oldest perosns are the healthiest, the next generation is fat and has diabetis often.

Jennifer

Wait! This isn't a thread about dogs? :facepalm:

But yeah, my dogs also loved avocado. I've read some sources that say they're great for dogs and others that say they're bad for them.

That's really interesting about the mesquite beans. I recently saw someone on YouTube who has a lot of mesquite trees on her property in Arizona and she makes flour out of the beans and says it's sweet.

Almonds and figs, huh? Sounds kind of yummy, actually. lol I know PUFAs are sort of enemy number one around here, but I tend to look at it like "When God created the poison, he packaged the antidote with it." Whole food sources like avocados, olives, nuts and seeds may contain PUFA, but they also contain vitamin E so I'm not worried about it.

Xisca

I also cured a dog with onion, I was pouring the juice of this toxic in her lo, but it cured the staphilocoque! Also put it on the skin, well ont wounds, I had to cut the parts of skin going away...
I never cried so much while juicing any other veg!!!!!!!!!!

I had lowered my olive oil intake, but now my liver told me he wanted more, and I gave him and he said thanks!
(what, liver is male?)

I am looking for the right mesquite seeds to grow them here, as I know about this flour yes...
My neighbours have a dog that is not ok with avocadoes, but all cats are... and rats even better...
i am waiting for my avocadoes to ripen, as they are 5€/kg now.

You should be worried a little more than only about vit. E, I care about ratio with omega 3, so I prefer hemp seeds!
And I peel almonds, as phytic acid is also a concern. I dont eat them much because of omega 6.
Here we also have macadamia...

And mangoes early, in full season now!

Jennifer

LOL I'm just impressed at how polite your liver is.

Worried about omega-3? Oh, gosh no! If I started worrying about the supposed inflammatory effect of omega-6, just one component of a plant, than I wouldn't be touching coconut and that is never going to happen! Coconut is my happy food! Besides, my diet is chock full of anti-inflammatory foods. The lack of pain in my spine most days tells me so. :)

Ooh...nice! I always have some mango in my freezer. I love it mixed with coconut cream.