If Progesterone Makes My Penis Numb, What Does That Mean For My Hormonal Situation

Taken orally or topically will make me feel a lot less.. My estrone is high blood test, and my testosterone is pretty good. So I suppose I am doing a lot of aromatasing.

In theory a little bit more progesterone should help but it has this effect which I do not like. Do you have an opinion as to what this means in terms of other hormones, adrenals, etc.?

Stud

your ratio of female to male hormones is to high wich causes numb ****

OP
ecstatichamster
andro doesn't really do me any favors. I find it screws up my libido and erections.

OP
ecstatichamster
I find a milligram or two of dhea orally is helpful. Ray is high on progesterone and it is supposedly the chief way to counter excess estrogen so that’s why I’m still interested.

theLaw

I find a milligram or two of dhea orally is helpful. Ray is high on progesterone and it is supposedly the chief way to counter excess estrogen so that’s why I’m still interested.

If lowering estrogen is what you're after, why not try caffeine + vitamin E + muscle building exercises?

johnwester130

add in 3mg of testosterone. it's a safe, low dose that can be used daily.

DHT and progesterone would also be interesting. DHEA would be an inferior replacement

AretnaP

Vitamin a, d3, and possibly zinc for estrogen would seem to be better to me.

Progesterone for men can be worrying.

alywest

would you mind specifying which brand of progesterone you're using? and dosage?

dand

I’ve found the same w progesterone but not if I keep the dose low. Pansterone instantly counteracts any negative libido effects progesterone might have. I don’t see why “dhea” would be an inferior replacement.

Tzheng2012

Taken orally or topically will make me feel a lot less.. My estrone is high blood test, and my testosterone is pretty good. So I suppose I am doing a lot of aromatasing.

In theory a little bit more progesterone should help but it has this effect which I do not like. Do you have an opinion as to what this means in terms of other hormones, adrenals, etc.?

Have you read a forum user nathans blog (fuckportioncontrol)? On the post called progesterone heals everything he says:

“As stated before, when progesterone is elevated, one of its many effects is to powerfully direct calcium to the most important biological functions. This means largely in bone storage, in active metabolism, and away from calcifying soft tissues. But in anyone with compromised metabolism, calcium is deficient either from diet or from elevated stress hormones which cause deranged calcium metabolism. A rat study showed that without calcium present in the testes, testosterone production is only one- quarter what it should be. In men with compromised health this has the effect of lowering testosterone production by redirecting calcium away from the testes. Interestingly, tissues deficient in progesterone and high in estrogen (men's testicles are the primary site of estrogen conversion) shed zinc and instead retain excess copper and iron. To leverage maximum health benefits from progesterone and avoid any of these harmless quirks of its supplementation requires elevating calcium intake, as well as zinc.”

You said your testosterone levels are fine so im not sure this applies to you, but its worth considering?

Xisca

In theory a little bit more progesterone should help but it has this effect which I do not like.

andro doesn't really do me any favors. I find it screws up my libido and erections.

Cut out hormonal supplements and let your body find equilibrium through natural means.

The brand of progesterone is not enough to explain why you have some symptom people have with progestin!
Cut out hormonal supps, when you go on one side with benefits, then the pendulum will go on another side.

What Ray says about high on prog is NOT for everybody, we are not all the same.
Also, people think about amounts, quantities, and forget to think about hormone receptors sensititvity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Up-regulation and down-regulation.... you always can have 2 cases, and many routes for the dominos to fall down...

OP
ecstatichamster
I wanted to follow up on this.

I'm taking about 5mg of progesterone a day, 5mg of DHEA and 5mg of pregnenolone and doing awesomely. It's been a month or so and I'm really liking it.

My T levels are as high as usual and sex is great.

I feel the progesterone is helpful in evening things out for me, keeping them more steady. When I was taking some androsterone with the DHEA and pregenolone, or anything like gonadin, I had ups and downs that gave me bad erections or numbness in my penis for a day or so.

This combo, though, seems to be very good on its own.

Tzheng2012

whats your age? Just for reference, since most people taking these hormones and doing good are usually older (40+).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals