If My Bone Broth Won't Turn Into Gelatin, Should I Still Drink The Broth?

DMF

What's in the broth that might be of "value" - or should I pour in down the drain?

Regina

What's in the broth that might be of "value" - or should I pour in down the drain?
If you only used weight-bearing bones like a shin, then the broth might have too much lead.
Did you use any moving parts; i.e., wings, tendons, necks, tails, ribs?
Those are the parts that yield the gelatin.

OP
D

DMF

If you only used weight-bearing bones like a shin, then the broth might have too much lead.
Did you use any moving parts; i.e., wings, tendons, necks, tails, ribs?
Those are the parts that yield the gelatin.
I've used cow shin bones before that have yielded plenty of batches of gelatin -
and for awhile got good gelatin from chicken parts - but stopped after I read Ray Peat saying gelatin from chicken is not good because of flouride content.
I also remember the cow bones from this particular store came in fresh everyday, weren't even yet frozen, but now seem to be hard as rock frozen sitting there for several days. Maybe that's the reason...?
Rib Bones, huh - never thought of them. 'Don't know how I could acquire them though.

Neeters 27

I find pork bones and chicken bones make the most gelatin, beef does not. drink it anyways, its still nutritious and never waste food!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals