If Liver De-Toxifies, What Did It Do Before The Industrial Age

DMF

Since all the usual environmental toxins/poisons in our soil, waterways, air, and of course food came to be, our liver's role,probably along with all our other organs as well, had to take on these ever increasing "burdens". So what did the liver get rid of before - when "all was so pure and natural" ?

Milkmeateggs

There are many "natural" toxins in certain foods, also from the environment, smoke, heavy metals come to mind, and the liver has many other functions as far as I know, like storing vitamins.

wut.gif~c200

Makrosky

Since all the usual environmental toxins/poisons in our soil, waterways, air, and of course food came to be, our liver's role,probably along with all our other organs as well, had to take on these ever increasing "burdens". So what did the liver get rid of before - when "all was so pure and natural" ?
Pre industrial era livers had to deal with : infections, viruses, bacteria, parasites, extreme hard labour, poor higienic conditions, scarce and unoptimal food, especially proteins, etc. so don't worry, they livers were as ****88 up as us.... Just in a different way.

tara

And as well as the various external environmental challenges, toxins, infectious agents etc, there have always been the normal byproducts of living, turning food into human and energy, the waste from damaged or dead cells, endotoxins, etc.

Queequeg

"Hello, can we have your liver?" The Meaning of Life

Last edited:
OP
D

DMF

I'm thinking that livers way back "then", as with the rest of our diets in general, might've tolerated wild mushrooms & berries, that today would make us ill. Raw meat & internal organs as well.

OP
D

DMF

I eat the entire apple - core AND the seeds. Would this "cro-magnify" my liver?

tara

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals