If I Could Start Implementing Peats Work Again 6 Years Ago, Here’s What I Would Do

kondevantoni

It's really easy to make ice cream at home without any special equipment. 600ml Organic Double Cream, 1 can fat free condensed milk (405g), half tsp of vanilla essence. Whisk together for 7 or 8 minutes until thick and it holds its shape. Freeze for 24 hours.

This recipe never lets me down. It makes 1L of ice cream for around the price of 2 tubs of Häagen-Dazs (UK prices), given it uses organic cream though it works out at much better quality/value.

EDIT: Makes 1L for the price of ONE tub of Häagen-Dazs (which are 460ml).
You forget the sugar and the egg yolks !

Sefton10

You forget the sugar and the egg yolks !
The condensed milk has plenty of added sugar. I’ve never added egg yolks so not sure if adding them would mean more need for a machine to churn it. I just know that recipe is very easy/quick and tastes great!

MattJacko

Thought I’d give everyone another update, if I could do it over again 7 years ago, this is how I would start after experimenting more and looking back:

Top 10

1. Use low dose Clonidine Before bed time.
2. Eat gelatin + dark chocolate + vanilla ice cream + salt with Clonidine
3. Stop exercising completely
4. Tape my mouth shut while sleeping
5. Incline the head of my bed 2-6 inches - big shout out to Andrew k fletcher
6. Wear blue blocker glasses before bed time
7. Start experimenting with Niacinamide and OJ together during the day
8. Eliminate starch completely
9. Eliminate meat completely
10. Start eating mushrooms with butter and parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Hey Velve great post, it looks like you removed the OJ/Redbull from your top 10. Was this not yielding the results you were looking for? What was the logic behind this drink?
I’ve been thinking about experimenting with Redbull myself for the Taurine benefits

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hey Velve great post, it looks like you removed the OJ/Redbull from your top 10. Was this not yielding the results you were looking for? What was the logic behind this drink?
I’ve been thinking about experimenting with Redbull myself for the Taurine benefits
Good question.

It's actually a great combination to experiment with. I would just no longer put in my top 10.

Recently, I started experimenting with OJ, Carbonated Water, Methylene Blue, Taurine, B1, and found better results. I actually noticed that when doing this comparison with Red Bull was giving me a little low blood sugar and gut irritation. The new combination does not.

With all that said, if I could go back to the beginning 7 years ago, I am reasonably certain I would have used this combination in my top 20 to get my energy and optimism up.

On a side note, the taste and carbonation combo of red bull is absolutely delicious to me! So refreshing. But the other effects are no longer worth it to me which is why I tried the new combo.

On another separate note, I no longer drink alcohol socially; been sober for 2 years. However, when I use to drink, OJ + RB + Liquor was the combination I would choose as it kept my blood sugar solid. No crashes, belligerence, or hangovers.

baccheion

1 liter per 25 lbs. 2:1 1% milk : orange juice. Use baking soda to increase OJ pH above 5.5 (maybe best at 6 based on another post). And the cheese, etc you added. And iron.

MattJacko

Good question.

It's actually a great combination to experiment with. I would just no longer put in my top 10.

Recently, I started experimenting with OJ, Carbonated Water, Methylene Blue, Taurine, B1, and found better results. I actually noticed that when doing this comparison with Red Bull was giving me a little low blood sugar and gut irritation. The new combination does not.

With all that said, if I could go back to the beginning 7 years ago, I am reasonably certain I would have used this combination in my top 20 to get my energy and optimism up.

On a side note, the taste and carbonation combo of red bull is absolutely delicious to me! So refreshing. But the other effects are no longer worth it to me which is why I tried the new combo.

On another separate note, I no longer drink alcohol socially; been sober for 2 years. However, when I use to drink, OJ + RB + Liquor was the combination I would choose as it kept my blood sugar solid. No crashes, belligerence, or hangovers.
Thanks for the response! One more question...how do you prepare your mushrooms?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Thanks for the response! One more question...how do you prepare your mushrooms?
I boil them for 3 hours 1x a week. Then eat them throughout the week in a bowl of:

PR cheese
Butter
Milk
Salt
Gelatin

I heat it up for a couple minutes to melt the cheese before eating

Vins7

I boil them for 3 hours 1x a week. Then eat them throughout the week in a bowl of:

PR cheese
Butter
Milk
Salt
Gelatin

I heat it up for a couple minutes to melt the cheese before eating
Why pr cheese is better than others?

AndrogenicJB

I don’t think building muscle is bad; just depends how you do it.

Since I stopped working out and started following an anabolic diet (Peat Inspired), I’ve put on over 30lbs of muscle without working out.

If you are constantly elevating the heart rate excessively and creating lactic acid via exercise, you’re increasing the chances of having a metabolic breakdown.
Whats your diet like

ursidae

what I learned since November
1. Efficient digestion and stomach acid is key. Hypochlorhydria sets the entire body up for failure. First thing that should get fixed or one is going round in circles
2. Focus on being replete with iodine and b vitamins, supplements needed. Poor digestion, depleted soils and aggressive cooking methods make repletion with food difficult/unreliable
3. Starch works better than fruit for me but needs (a little) cholesterol rich fat like egg yolk, ghee or tallow
4. Limit heme iron intake
5. Stick to RDI, Use the minimum effective dose of a vitamin/mineral, every time I kept increasing intake of something beneficial I messed myself up
6. Avoid constipation at all cost

nitro warrior

2. Focus on being replete with iodine and b vitamins, supplements needed. Poor digestion, depleted soils and aggressive cooking methods make repletion with food
How long do you take iodine for, what dosage and what effects did you experience? Some warn against it

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Whats your diet like

Gelatin
Grass Fed Milk
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
Beef Liver 1x every 1-2 months

Ice Cream
Dark Chocolate
Coconut Oil
Butter

Orange Juice
Mushrooms
Honey

Salt
Coffee

I eat around 4500 kcal per day.

ursidae

How long do you take iodine for, what dosage and what effects did you experience? Some warn against it
taking it regularly since December I think, starting with 150 iu and carefully increasing. I put one drop of lugol’s (contains 2.5 mg iodine and 5 mg potassium iodide) in a bottle of water and I drink it to craving. Initially I took 2 weeks to finish it, right now it takes me 4 days, sometimes 3. At first even the RDI was giving me acne on the neck where the thyroid is... I thought I was inflaming the gland. I still haven’t checked if I’ve shrunk my thyroid or how the nodule has been affected. More regular periods, less breast pain, more resilient to acne cysts, better sleep. During certain times of the cycle a lot more iodine needed to stop breast pain. At first I took 1 drop a day and that did not go well- resulted in stomach pain, coldness and painful cystic acne

Arnold Grape

taking it regularly since December I think, starting with 150 iu and carefully increasing. I put one drop of lugol’s (contains 2.5 mg iodine and 5 mg potassium iodide) in a bottle of water and I drink it to craving. Initially I took 2 weeks to finish it, right now it takes me 4 days, sometimes 3. At first even the RDI was giving me acne on the neck where the thyroid is... I thought I was inflaming the gland. I still haven’t checked if I’ve shrunk my thyroid or how the nodule has been affected. More regular periods, less breast pain, more resilient to acne cysts, better sleep. During certain times of the cycle a lot more iodine needed to stop breast pain. At first I took 1 drop a day and that did not go well- resulted in stomach pain, coldness and painful cystic acne
Good stuff — I took a similar dose, per the recommendation of J Crow’s PDF (1 drop of 2% Lugol’s in water two times a week), which made me feel about as productive as I have ever been in my life. Thereafter the initial first few weeks I could feel the down regulation of thyroid during the “days off” and then I began experiencing hyperthyroid symptoms when I was taking it. Your dosage sounds about right in sips, where people commonly recommend taking an insane amount of Lugol’s. I’m not sure what to do now since I have been experimenting with ndt.

dabdabdab

Read Rob’s article about it... he mentored me in the course based off of Peat’s work, ‘Popping the food bubble’

My quick answer... Yes.
What about chedar and gouda? they feel very serotogenic and make me super agitated. is there any other good soyrces of casein and other substances for teeth health that doesn't contain serotonin? as far as I know, aged cheese contain putrecin which could also cause inflammation.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

What about chedar and gouda? they feel very serotogenic and make me super agitated. is there any other good soyrces of casein and other substances for teeth health that doesn't contain serotonin? as far as I know, aged cheese contain putrecin which could also cause inflammation.

I only eat parmigiano Reggiano cheese. I’ve only felt anti-serotonin effects from it. Most likely due to the high amounts of nutrients in it. A good note about it, PR cheese gives me good digestion and very healthy bowel movements. It has a decent amount of B2 which has been shown to play a role with lowering serotonin I believe. Other cheeses that have different rennet and thickening agents can give me agitation as well so I stick to PR.

dabdabdab

I only eat parmigiano Reggiano cheese. I’ve only felt anti-serotonin effects from it. Most likely due to the high amounts of nutrients in it. A good note about it, PR cheese gives me good digestion and very healthy bowel movements. It has a decent amount of B2 which has been shown to play a role with lowering serotonin I believe. Other cheeses that have different rennet and thickening agents can give me agitation as well so I stick to PR.
Thanks for answering , I'm gonna try it, it's my last hope for tolerating cheese.

qminati

1. Stop working out
Can you expand on how this worked for you? I am digging myself out of a bad energy deficiency and I did realize that when I do less activity, my temperature does go up easier. But not working out at all makes me scared that i will be flabby. Did you eventually work out? Or do you just accept whatever your body looks like for a while? I'm trying to wrap my head around this and am fighting the urge to workout. Metabolism itself has put you in shape? Any insight or details or advice is appreciated.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Can you expand on how this worked for you? I am digging myself out of a bad energy deficiency and I did realize that when I do less activity, my temperature does go up easier. But not working out at all makes me scared that i will be flabby. Did you eventually work out? Or do you just accept whatever your body looks like for a while? I'm trying to wrap my head around this and am fighting the urge to workout. Metabolism itself has put you in shape? Any insight or details or advice is appreciated.
Good question.

As my main reason for following this way of living was excessive urination, I let that be my guide. Therefore, since working out still increases it, i only do 5-10 minutes of ELDOA stretches per day + light walks. So my case is unique and I’ve accepted the extra weight I carry.

For you personally, you need to follow based on how you feel, and you feel alone. I do believe that apart of this journey goes deeper than just nutrition, it’s really about becoming more comfortable in your own path. From a metabolic perspective, I support Dr. Peat’s wisdom on this. But most importantly, if you use logic. I think you need to prepare the body for what it needs, not what other people think. So, if you need to be running from a lion in the jungle often for whatever reason, then most likely you should be training for that scenario. If you need to pick up heavy loads to get by in life, then you probably should do some lifting.

if you feel that working out however you normally choose to gives you peace of mind with how you look, then you should examine your reasons.

Currently, I’ve tested my brains work capacity on some entrepreneur intensive ventures, and I’ll tell you this, I’ve had to increase my calories immensely because of how much energy I expend through my mind. So, if I crave more food, and my brain is being utilized more, I’m not worried about exercise, I’m worried about feeding my body the energy it needs to meet the demand of what’s being presented to me.

hope this helpful.

P.S. I do believe that exploring range of motion exercises for the sake of mobility is important for people to consider on this path. But for the sake of range, not increasing lactic acid.