If I Could Start Implementing Peats Work Again 6 Years Ago, Here’s What I Would Do

BrianF

Yeah... I'm not sure about that. You're saying you built that much muscle by not doing anything but eating?
Yes this frequently happens to me too. If thin, i increase food intake and before I will gain an inch of belly fat, my muscles will grow noticeably. If you want a non-anecdotal example, I recall watching a UK tv documentary about weight/weight loss and one of the guys put on weight (not body fat) and they realised that an increase in calories had actually made the guy grow muscle.

Atman

- Better eating something suboptimal than nothing
- Not stressing about miniscule details of diet which causes more stress than it produces benefits
- Focusing more on thought than on the primarily physical factors (diet/light/etc)
- Spending more time reading actual sources than wasting time on forums

AlexR

Yes this frequently happens to me too. If thin, i increase food intake and before I will gain an inch of belly fat, my muscles will grow noticeably. If you want a non-anecdotal example, I recall watching a UK tv documentary about weight/weight loss and one of the guys put on weight (not body fat) and they realised that an increase in calories had actually made the guy grow muscle.
No, he didn’t build 30 pounds of muscle without exercise. Nobody has. That amount of muscle is insane and would put most people at the peak of what they can achieve naturally with good genetics. It’s not even possible with steroids.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

@Velve921 How come you exclude meat?
Serotonin rises immensely every time I do it. Destroys my sleep!

I do eat liver when I crave it. When I do I eat it first thing in the morning because it can be stimulating. I use to eat liver 2-4x a month but I found that I wasn’t feeling the effects well enough to force it. So only when all of a sudden I get a huge craving then I go for it.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

following low phosphate diet but drinking milk and eating mushrooms looks like a little counterproductive ;-)

No magnesium? (lowers phosphate to)

How is your stretching routine looks like? static stretching every muscle for 60 seconds every day or something?
Stretching lowers latic acid? (i know massage/foam rolling does, not sure about stretching)

after seeing this, i guess you are single? :mrgreen::razz:whistle(jk)

I don’t avoid phosphate completely, I focus on the calcium to phosphorus ratio. Milk is extremely calming and I combine with extra calcium. Mushrooms keeps my gut clean and raises my metabolism like nothing else.

I do regular epsom salt baths for magnesium.

I use stretches from the ELDOA methodology and Gymnastic bodies. Both have a combination stretching variations. I do 5-10 minutes a day.

With regards to every lady I go on a date with, I do have a disclaimer where I believe in sleeping in separate beds and separate bed rooms. nothing to do with the romance. I feel a bed is for sleeping and resting; just think how many relationships are destroyed from sleeping in the same bed and both being too exhausted all the time. :)

Hgreen56

With regards to every lady I go on a date with, I do have a disclaimer where I believe in sleeping in separate beds and separate bed rooms. nothing to do with the romance. I feel a bed is for sleeping and resting; just think how many relationships are destroyed from sleeping in the same bed and both being too exhausted all the time. :)
I was more thinking about how you have romance in a bed on 2 wobbly legs ;-)

I'm btw curious about what your thoughts are about vitamin a?
you eat liver so i guess you don't have negative experience with high vit a intake?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I was more thinking about how you have romance in a bed on 2 wobbly legs ;-)

I'm btw curious about what your thoughts are about vitamin a?
you eat liver so i guess you don't have negative experience with high vit a intake?
I think we all know that a bed is not a limiting factor :)

I’ve never noticed any negative effects from things I consume with high amounts of vitamin a. In my experiments with Estroban that combines A,D,E,K I notice that it has a very unique type of stimulation. I have to take it on the morning at 1 drop at a time.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

stupid question maybe but than why all de trouble of eliminating high phosphate foods... just supplement some extra calcium with it.
I tried supplementing egg shell calcium with meat and didn’t see the effects I wanted. But I do also think there are other things in meats that can be problematic and there are other things in calcium rich foods that feel really good.

milk, parmigiano Reggiano cheese, and ice cream feel amazing. But they are so much more than just calcium.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I tried supplementing egg shell calcium with meat and didn’t see the effects I wanted. But I do also think there are other things in meats that can be problematic and there are other things in calcium rich foods that feel really good.

milk, parmigiano Reggiano cheese, and ice cream feel amazing. But they are so much more than just calcium.
Love this thread.

Apologies if I missed it. But how do you consume your gelatin?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Love this thread.

Apologies if I missed it. But how do you consume your gelatin?

I use Great Lakes Gelatin and mix it in coffee through the day, in milk before bed and middle or the night, and then with my mushroom recipe.

Hgreen56

what kind of ice cream do you take?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

what kind of ice cream do you take?
Hagandaas, 3 Twins, and Turkey Hill.

Whole Foods stopped selling 3 Twins so I switched back to Hagaandaas. Then I stopped by dierbeegs one day to just look around and found the Homemade vanilla turkey hill. 4 ingredients on the label and way cheaper in price than the other 2.

Yes, great thread. Thanks to @Velve921 and the other veterans who have replied.

- Focusing more on thought than on the primarily physical factors (diet/light/etc)

@Atman: Not disagreeing, but I'm interested in hearing more about the ways in which you have "focused on thought."

Marmot

I recently watched a Danny Roddy clip where he talked about 6 things he would have done if he could do it over again when it comes to Dr. Peats work.

Naturally, I started to reflect if I could have done it all over again after seeing what worked and what didn’t work, what would I have chosen?

As were always reading each other’s comments, looking for feedback, figured I’d shared this in case someone needs a frame of reference from my story.

6 years ago I started following peats work after sleeping in a bath tub 3 nights in a row. I was urinating 70x a day and so it was easier for me to pee and sleep at the same time. Then, after the 3rd night, enough was enough and I started learning from someone on peats work.

From the moment I made the decision to change, if I could do it again, below are the exact steps in order I would take if I knew what I know now. FYI, below is my path based on how my body responded. I would do this order to “stop the bleeding” so to speak; better yet, stop the damage I had done and start recovering. In my case, stop the urination and get out of the bath tub.

***all the implementations below are based on the most bang for buck that left lasting impressions of their power. I’ve experimented with other things... but these are the bang for buck that stick.

1. Stop working out
  2. Start drinking orange juice/Red Bull combo to satisfaction - 8oz of OJ:1oz of RB ratio
  3. Add salt to OJ
  4. Add cyproheptadine before bed time (stop the stress response and put me to sleep)
  5. Wear blue blocker sunglasses before bed
  6. Inclining bed (cheap way to increase metabolism and decompress my back - resting heart rate on incline is 85-95 bpm currently; horizontal was 60-75)
  7. Eat OJ + parmigiano Reggiano cheese before bed
  8. Eliminate unsaturated oils, meat, starch, nuts, seeds, and thickening agents.
  9. Slowly add in calcium while aggressively lowering phosphate (head towards 1:1 ratio)
  10. Add theanine on a daily basis (most powerful stress reducer I’ve found for anxiety)
  11. Daily white button mushrooms (nothing increases my temperature more)
  12. Replace meat with gelatin (lower phosphate as much as possible); add gelatin to coffee
  13. Add sugar to coffee
  14. Add milk to coffee
  15. Add epsom salt/aspirin baths
  16. Add aspirin orally
  17. Daily Red light
  18. Add 4oz of liver per week
  19. Remove metal fillings in teeth (this dramatically increased body temperature)
  20. Start doing yoga nidra meditation before bed time.
  21. Start stretching lightly everyday - 3-5 minute work breaks
  22. Start mixing small doses of ice cream in my coffee.
  23. Start experimenting with pregnenolone if necessary (first time I tried it my pupils constricted so intensely that I could physically feel it. Was nuts.)
  24. Ice cream + dark chocolate before bed time.
  25. Leave former job.
  26. Move to sunny, warmer climate.
Why would you stop working out? What benefits have u seen from stoping exercising?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Why would you stop working out? What benefits have u seen from stoping exercising?
No longer urinating upto 70x a day. Way more energy, better sleep, and stronger mental focus.

Atman

Yes, great thread. Thanks to @Velve921 and the other veterans who have replied.

@Atman: Not disagreeing, but I'm interested in hearing more about the ways in which you have "focused on thought."
It took me a long time to accept that our thought process plays a major role in shaping our biology. Mainstream medicine mainly referes to these phenomena when they become pathological, which they then call psychosomatic. But I think this doesn't pay enough tribute to their importance. Everything you do and what you think manifests eventually in your organism. Some examples: Having chronically anxious thoughts will cause constipation and indigestion, browsing aimlessly on the internet and jumping from one small distraction to the next will depress metabolism. Thinking for yourself about observations and trying to integrate them into your worldview is highly stimulating for the brain and will increase metabolism.
I am not saying that this factor is necessarily more important to look at than diet for most people. But I am pretty certain that a bad general situation at once job for example (mundane, boring tasks, spiteful colleagues, etc.) can have a more significant impact on health than having a suboptimal diet.

Arnold Grape

Hagandaas, 3 Twins, and Turkey Hill.

Whole Foods stopped selling 3 Twins so I switched back to Hagaandaas. Then I stopped by dierbeegs one day to just look around and found the Homemade vanilla turkey hill. 4 ingredients on the label and way cheaper in price than the other 2.
There is some locally made brand I buy from a co-op, but I’m always curious if people try this Aldi’s brand bc it’s cheap and tastes great. The container weighs like five pounds, which is what happens when you use legit ingredients and don’t whip air into the product
Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream - Specially Selected | ALDI US

OP
Velve921

Velve921

There is some locally made brand I buy from a co-op, but I’m always curious if people try this Aldi’s brand bc it’s cheap and tastes great. The container weighs like five pounds, which is what happens when you use legit ingredients and don’t whip air into the product
Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream - Specially Selected | ALDI US

Thank you for sharing that. I may have to go and test it out. I am trying to keep my head on swivel for those diamonds in the rough.