If I Could Start Implementing Peats Work Again 6 Years Ago, Here’s What I Would Do

Velve921

I recently watched a Danny Roddy clip where he talked about 6 things he would have done if he could do it over again when it comes to Dr. Peats work.

Naturally, I started to reflect if I could have done it all over again after seeing what worked and what didn’t work, what would I have chosen?

As were always reading each other’s comments, looking for feedback, figured I’d shared this in case someone needs a frame of reference from my story.

6 years ago I started following peats work after sleeping in a bath tub 3 nights in a row. I was urinating 70x a day and so it was easier for me to pee and sleep at the same time. Then, after the 3rd night, enough was enough and I started learning from someone on peats work.

From the moment I made the decision to change, if I could do it again, below are the exact steps in order I would take if I knew what I know now. FYI, below is my path based on how my body responded. I would do this order to “stop the bleeding” so to speak; better yet, stop the damage I had done and start recovering. In my case, stop the urination and get out of the bath tub.

***all the implementations below are based on the most bang for buck that left lasting impressions of their power. I’ve experimented with other things... but these are the bang for buck that stick.

1. Stop working out
  2. Start drinking orange juice/Red Bull combo to satisfaction - 8oz of OJ:1oz of RB ratio
  3. Add salt to OJ
  4. Add cyproheptadine before bed time (stop the stress response and put me to sleep)
  5. Wear blue blocker sunglasses before bed
  6. Inclining bed (cheap way to increase metabolism and decompress my back - resting heart rate on incline is 85-95 bpm currently; horizontal was 60-75)
  7. Eat OJ + parmigiano Reggiano cheese before bed
  8. Eliminate unsaturated oils, meat, starch, nuts, seeds, and thickening agents.
  9. Slowly add in calcium while aggressively lowering phosphate (head towards 1:1 ratio)
  10. Add theanine on a daily basis (most powerful stress reducer I’ve found for anxiety)
  11. Daily white button mushrooms (nothing increases my temperature more)
  12. Replace meat with gelatin (lower phosphate as much as possible); add gelatin to coffee
  13. Add sugar to coffee
  14. Add milk to coffee
  15. Add epsom salt/aspirin baths
  16. Add aspirin orally
  17. Daily Red light
  18. Add 4oz of liver per week
  19. Remove metal fillings in teeth (this dramatically increased body temperature)
  20. Start doing yoga nidra meditation before bed time.
  21. Start stretching lightly everyday - 3-5 minute work breaks
  22. Start mixing small doses of ice cream in my coffee.
  23. Start experimenting with pregnenolone if necessary (first time I tried it my pupils constricted so intensely that I could physically feel it. Was nuts.)
  24. Ice cream + dark chocolate before bed time.
  25. Leave former job.
  26. Move to sunny, warmer climate.

Tenacity

Good thread. Here's a few of mine.

1. Do not ditch starch from root vegetables.
2. Do not overdo caffeine.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This thread rocks.

Dobbler

I would tell myself to just go full Peat from day 1 , as soon as you read or hear something from him just do it, don't fight the idea for 4 months, you will do it anyway and notice that it was a good thing.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I would tell myself to just go full Peat from day 1 , as soon as you read or hear something from him just do it, don't fight the idea for 4 months, you will do it anyway and notice that it was a good thing.

i like that mindset.

jdrop

I would better define my experiments.
Perceive the difference between winter living and the other seasons, and prepare.
Use chronometer and thermometer more to make better decisions faster.
Save myself first, and not worry about spreading the news.
Not worry how to explain what I am doing/eating/noteating in social situations, as nobody cares for the truth of it, would have saved a lot of stress.
Not be afraid of progesterone and thyroid.

lampofred

Not worry how to explain what I am doing/eating/noteating in social situations, as nobody cares for the truth of it, would have saved a lot of stress.

Could you elaborate? You mean you've been in situations where you know avoiding PUFA would've helped people but they didn't care enough to take you seriously when you suggested it to them?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I would better define my experiments.
Perceive the difference between winter living and the other seasons, and prepare.
Use chronometer and thermometer more to make better decisions faster.
Not be afraid of progesterone and thyroid.

Great thoughts.

Saving myself first and not spreading the news is something I should have focused on sooner.

jdrop

Could you elaborate? You mean you've been in situations where you know avoiding PUFA would've helped people but they didn't care enough to take you seriously when you suggested it to them?
Yes, now I have a good understanding when a friend or family member is ready to listen. The desire to help certainly made me try different ways to illuminate, often before the person was going to have any chance of actually listening. The most sensitive situations seem to have come from those with more education in health related fields, those seemed like people that would understand. But I found them to be more dogmatic than anyone.

Tenacity

Thanks for sharing.

What symptoms coincided with these 2?

I notice much much improved skin quality when my diet includes a copious amount of potatoes. I think too much coffee can exacerbate some nervous problems. People with any sign of autonomic dysregulation, any anxiety whatsoever should probably be very cautious around caffeine and stimulants.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I notice much much improved skin quality when my diet includes a copious amount of potatoes. I think too much coffee can exacerbate some nervous problems. People with any sign of autonomic dysregulation, any anxiety whatsoever should probably be very cautious around caffeine and stimulants.

Thanks for your feedback.

Interesting, potatoes destroy me.

Caffeine in combination with food gives me the strongest sense of focus and calmness but with stimulation. I can see how some people could struggle with caffeine at times.

Tenacity

Thanks for your feedback.

Interesting, potatoes destroy me.

Caffeine in combination with food gives me the strongest sense of focus and calmness but with stimulation. I can see how some people could struggle with caffeine at times.

Progesterone is enough to get rid of my facial acne completely, but not my backne. Progesterone plus potatoes completely alleviates my acne.

laleto12

Nice thread! I’ve been wanting to experiment with pregnenolone. Do you still use it? What benefits have you seen? Im looking for T Boost and the Face Lift effect that Peat talked about.

GreekDemiGod

any anxiety whatsoever should probably be very cautious around caffeine and stimulants.
It is kind of tricky. The 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee in a day will exacerbate anxiety for me. However, cofee is also a pretty good mood booster and anti-depressant for me. So I have to tread lightly with the dosage.

Arnold Grape

I recently watched a Danny Roddy clip where he talked about 6 things he would have done if he could do it over again when it comes to Dr. Peats work.

Naturally, I started to reflect if I could have done it all over again after seeing what worked and what didn’t work, what would I have chosen?

As were always reading each other’s comments, looking for feedback, figured I’d shared this in case someone needs a frame of reference from my story.

6 years ago I started following peats work after sleeping in a bath tub 3 nights in a row. I was urinating 70x a day and so it was easier for me to pee and sleep at the same time. Then, after the 3rd night, enough was enough and I started learning from someone on peats work.

From the moment I made the decision to change, if I could do it again, below are the exact steps in order I would take if I knew what I know now. FYI, below is my path based on how my body responded. I would do this order to “stop the bleeding” so to speak; better yet, stop the damage I had done and start recovering. In my case, stop the urination and get out of the bath tub.

***all the implementations below are based on the most bang for buck that left lasting impressions of their power. I’ve experimented with other things... but these are the bang for buck that stick.

1. Stop working out
  2. Start drinking orange juice/Red Bull combo to satisfaction - 8oz of OJ:1oz of RB ratio
  3. Add salt to OJ
  4. Add cyproheptadine before bed time (stop the stress response and put me to sleep)
  5. Wear blue blocker sunglasses before bed
  6. Inclining bed (cheap way to increase metabolism and decompress my back - resting heart rate on incline is 85-95 bpm currently; horizontal was 60-75)
  7. Eat OJ + parmigiano Reggiano cheese before bed
  8. Eliminate unsaturated oils, meat, starch, nuts, seeds, and thickening agents.
  9. Slowly add in calcium while aggressively lowering phosphate (head towards 1:1 ratio)
  10. Add theanine on a daily basis (most powerful stress reducer I’ve found for anxiety)
  11. Daily white button mushrooms (nothing increases my temperature more)
  12. Replace meat with gelatin (lower phosphate as much as possible); add gelatin to coffee
  13. Add sugar to coffee
  14. Add milk to coffee
  15. Add epsom salt/aspirin baths
  16. Add aspirin orally
  17. Daily Red light
  18. Add 4oz of liver per week
  19. Remove metal fillings in teeth (this dramatically increased body temperature)
  20. Start doing yoga nidra meditation before bed time.
  21. Start stretching lightly everyday - 3-5 minute work breaks
  22. Start mixing small doses of ice cream in my coffee.
  23. Start experimenting with pregnenolone if necessary (first time I tried it my pupils constricted so intensely that I could physically feel it. Was nuts.)
  24. Ice cream + dark chocolate before bed time.
  25. Leave former job.
  26. Move to sunny, warmer climate.
Are you able to post the Danny clip where he talks about doing things different?