If I Could Start Implementing Peats Work Again 6 Years Ago, Here’s What I Would Do

It took me a long time to accept that our thought process plays a major role in shaping our biology. Mainstream medicine mainly referes to these phenomena when they become pathological, which they then call psychosomatic. But I think this doesn't pay enough tribute to their importance. Everything you do and what you think manifests eventually in your organism. Some examples: Having chronically anxious thoughts will cause constipation and indigestion, browsing aimlessly on the internet and jumping from one small distraction to the next will depress metabolism. Thinking for yourself about observations and trying to integrate them into your worldview is highly stimulating for the brain and will increase metabolism.
I am not saying that this factor is necessarily more important to look at than diet for most people. But I am pretty certain that a bad general situation at once job for example (mundane, boring tasks, spiteful colleagues, etc.) can have a more significant impact on health than having a suboptimal diet.

Thank you for sharing these ideas. I suspect my thinking -- excessively focusing on the latest symptoms and chasing solutions, etc. -- has contributed to my GI problems. Are there any techniques or books you would recommend to people who would like to change their thinking to promote health and energy?

Sefton10

There is some locally made brand I buy from a co-op, but I’m always curious if people try this Aldi’s brand bc it’s cheap and tastes great. The container weighs like five pounds, which is what happens when you use legit ingredients and don’t whip air into the product
Super Premium Vanilla Ice Cream - Specially Selected | ALDI US
It's really easy to make ice cream at home without any special equipment. 600ml Organic Double Cream, 1 can fat free condensed milk (405g), half tsp of vanilla essence. Whisk together for 7 or 8 minutes until thick and it holds its shape. Freeze for 24 hours.

This recipe never lets me down. It makes 1L of ice cream for around the price of 2 tubs of Häagen-Dazs (UK prices), given it uses organic cream though it works out at much better quality/value.

EDIT: Makes 1L for the price of ONE tub of Häagen-Dazs (which are 460ml).

T

TheBeard

I don’t think building muscle is bad; just depends how you do it.

Since I stopped working out and started following an anabolic diet (Peat Inspired), I’ve put on over 30lbs of muscle without working out.

If you are constantly elevating the heart rate excessively and creating lactic acid via exercise, you’re increasing the chances of having a metabolic breakdown.

True.
Working out isn't the biggest muscle builder.
Proper metabolism is.

The times I build the most muscles without even working out is when I'm on a course of antibiotics.

Sefton10

True.
Proper metabolism is.

The times I build the most muscles without even working out is when I'm on a course of antibiotics.
This is the biggest thing I’ve learned recently. Had a week long course of antibiotics for a sinus infection, haven’t worked out for over 3 weeks and cut out starches for the last 2 weeks - yet muscles are fuller/harder.

T

TheBeard

Thought I’d give everyone another update, if I could do it over again 7 years ago, this is how I would start after experimenting more and looking back:

Top 10

1. Use low dose Clonidine Before bed time.
2. Eat gelatin + dark chocolate + vanilla ice cream + salt with Clonidine
3. Stop exercising completely
4. Tape my mouth shut while sleeping
5. Incline the head of my bed 2-6 inches - big shout out to Andrew k fletcher
6. Wear blue blocker glasses before bed time
7. Start experimenting with Niacinamide and OJ together during the day
8. Eliminate starch completely
9. Eliminate meat completely
10. Start eating mushrooms with butter and parmigiano Reggiano cheese

Solid list.

Can you mix the gelatin with fruit juice? Or is it not advisable to have carbs and protein together?
Are we talking about gelatin powder that you can find on iHerb for example?

Last time I tried drinking gelatin powder mixed with fruit juice, it gave me kidney pain.

I never have kidney pain even when eating liberal quantities of meat, the only two products that give me kidney pain are creatine and gelatin.

T

TheBeard

This is the biggest thing I’ve learned recently. Had a week long course of antibiotics for a sinus infection, haven’t worked out for over 3 weeks and cut out starches for the last 2 weeks - yet muscles are fuller/harder.

I don't know which one you used, probably Augmentin given it was sinus.

Azithromycin gives me the biggest anabolic results, more than high dose testosterone, probably because it's anti-inflammatory.

Augmentin gave me good results too, but less dramatic.

Sefton10

I don't know which one you used, probably Augmentin given it was sinus.

Azithromycin gives me the biggest anabolic results, more than high dose testosterone, probably because it's anti-inflammatory.

Augmentin gave me good results too, but less dramatic.
It was just amoxicillin, which I think is pretty mild as far as antibiotics go. Fingers crossed it seems to have done the job. I have always been pretty anti-antibiotics and this is the first I've taken any for many years. It has definitely opened me up to their potential benefits.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

True.
Proper metabolism is.

I would agree. It wasn't until I start supporting my metabolism with the right foods and stopped exercising that I started putting on muscle.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Solid list.

Can you mix the gelatin with fruit juice? Or is it not advisable to have carbs and protein together?

Last time I tried drinking gelatin powder mixed with fruit juice, it gave me kidney pain.

I never have kidney pain even when eating liberal quantities of meat, the only two products that give me kidney pain are creatine and gelatin.

Every now and then I mix powdered gelatin with OJ. Just depends on my mood and what taste I am looking for.

Maybe do some further searches on the forum and see if anyone is talking about kidney function.

Korven

Solid list.

It could be the glycine turning into oxalate. Someone here mentioned get kidney pain from eating oxtail soup.

gaze

for me, the most important thing is to eat what makes you happy and to never force peaty foods you don't like or are sensitive to for supposed health benefits. For example, oysters and liver gross me out too much, and eggs make me feel bad. So i avoid all three. foods that make me happy currently are mashed potatoes, cheeses, milk, orange juice, cod, steaks, chicken, oatmeal, condiments like ketchup, and occasional waffles. Basically listen to yourself, eat what you crave and satisfy you're hunger. Also eating meals, especially with family, is underrated in terms of bringing about happiness at the meal.

Last edited:

MidBicep

After reading this thread as a newer member trying to figure my way out to a better health I find it fascinating how the same food can have two completely opposite effects depending on the person, regardless of how good it is on paper.

GreekDemiGod

If i could start it again after 1.5 years:
- I would have dropped starch from the start
- eaten liver more frequently.
- turn-off the Wifi router at night from the start.
- stop putting my laptop in my lap /testicles area.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
After reading this thread as a newer member trying to figure my way out to a better health I find it fascinating how the same food can have two completely opposite effects depending on the person, regardless of how good it is on paper.
Same food could also have opposite effect on same person at different times along the metabolic journey.

David90

It is kind of tricky. The 2nd or 3rd cup of coffee in a day will exacerbate anxiety for me. However, cofee is also a pretty good mood booster and anti-depressant for me. So I have to tread lightly with the dosage.
Maybe too less Sugar in the Coffee?. I have had the same Problems in the Past and i've recently upped the Sugar in the Coffee which seems to help to some extent. In My Morning Coffee i put around 20g of Sugar in it.

Atman

Thank you for sharing these ideas. I suspect my thinking -- excessively focusing on the latest symptoms and chasing solutions, etc. -- has contributed to my GI problems. Are there any techniques or books you would recommend to people who would like to change their thinking to promote health and energy?
I think the stoics like Epictetus or Aurel's meditations might be a good start.

I think the stoics like Epictetus or Aurel's meditations might be a good start.

Thanks for the recommendations. I've enjoyed and benefited from both in the past. Will revisit them.

Vins7

I notice much much improved skin quality when my diet includes a copious amount of potatoes. I think too much coffee can exacerbate some nervous problems. People with any sign of autonomic dysregulation, any anxiety whatsoever should probably be very cautious around caffeine and stimulants.
Did you have issues with grains or other starches?